Jump to content

Titans trade OT Isaiah Wilson to Dolphins


Recommended Posts

Dolphins' starting RG Solomon Kindley was Wilson's college teammate on the beefy o-line at Georgia in 2019. Come on Kindley, help get this guy's broken career back on track. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7th round pick swap apparently so take it all day long for a nipper 1 year removed from a 1st round draft pick.

Dolphins give up 2021 7th rounder, Titans give up 2022 7th rounder. I guess he was going to be released otherwise.

Come in and compete at Right Tackle. Low risk, high reward.

happy days.

Edited by mountainpd
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if Wilson never ends up starting for us it’s a smart move by Grier.  A 7th round pick swap to take a chance on a high ceiling low floor player.  Wilson still has a great opportunity to become a good NFL Olineman.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very interesting, trading him for a 7th rounder then giving up a 7th rounder which is basically nothing and just a swap.  

 

Originally had a 4 year $11 mil + contract as a 1st round pick.  Clearly that is why this all happened for so little, the Dolphins have to pay that contract now but most of that was signing bonus the Titans already paid in 2020.

 

Curious if his former Georgia teammate Kindley vouched for him?  Their HC went to the same high school as Wilson so that is another connection.  Curious if they pass on the best OT in the draft in Sewell because of this or not.  Really curious what they do, almost a clear thing they trade out of the pick unless they love Chase or DeVonta.  Sucks for Sewell, he should not drop in the draft but this might mean he will.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't want to look too much into it but I figure this would rule out Sewell at 3. Unless they plan on trading Jackson away or looking to cut a vet. Jackson, Flowers, Davis, Hunt, Kindley, Wilson, possibly Karras, Dieter. 

If we trade down and Sewell falls, now that's another story.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this trade, the dude is only 22 years old.  He has experience now at "being rejected", and hopefully has learned from that experience.  If he gets his head screwed on straight, could be an above average RT.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not expecting much out of him, he needs to prove he has the mentality to be a professional. Swapping 7th round picks to get him though, how do you not buy that lottery ticket? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

I am not expecting much out of him, he needs to prove he has the mentality to be a professional. Swapping 7th round picks to get him though, how do you not buy that lottery ticket? 

The bigger deal was assuming his contract.  It's probably the reason we dumped KVN.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

The bigger deal was assuming his contract.  It's probably the reason we dumped KVN.

His rookie deal is really affordable with where we are in the cap I think we are looking at roughly 5 million over the next 3 years. I think it is well worth the role of the dice. Though for a guy with reported maturity issues South Beach might be the worst place to be. We should definitely find out sooner rather than later if this was a wake up call for him, though I am not hopeful. I suspect he will not last here, get cut, go unclaimed, then some team will give him one last shot and that will be the wake up call. I hope I am wrong. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

His rookie deal is really affordable with where we are in the cap I think we are looking at roughly 5 million over the next 3 years. I think it is well worth the role of the dice. Though for a guy with reported maturity issues South Beach might be the worst place to be. We should definitely find out sooner rather than later if this was a wake up call for him, though I am not hopeful. I suspect he will not last here, get cut, go unclaimed, then some team will give him one last shot and that will be the wake up call. I hope I am wrong. 

Yeah, the contract is next to nothing, all things considered.  His cap hit is on par with a backup or a special teamer.

I have absolutely zero expectations from Wilson as a Fin, but a swap of 7th round picks is such a low price that this is a no-brainer.  Flo and Kindley both have plenty of history to theoretically help this kid get back on track.  But again, zero expecations.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...