Titans trade OT Isaiah Wilson to Dolphins

RaidersAreOne

12 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Jesus. Is this the biggest bust in franchise history? We may have had the two biggest busts in history in the same year if you divide FA busts and draft busts with Clowney and Wilson though I'd hazard Levitre might be worse than Clowney.

Has to be. First round pick that barely played any snaps and gets traded? Utterly worthless.

9 minutes ago, quiller said:

What a disaster of a pic.  Basically we just gave our 1st round pic to another team. Crazy... what could be worse is he actually turns his life around and sees the field for another team.

Don't matter. He wasn't going to do it here.

I don't care anything about what he does from this point on. 

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Jesus. Is this the biggest bust in franchise history? We may have had the two biggest busts in history in the same year if you divide FA busts and draft busts with Clowney and Wilson though I'd hazard Levitre might be worse than Clowney.

Clowney wasn’t even near the biggest FA bust of the last year.

On 3/8/2021 at 7:54 PM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I mean, I'd say the bust level is mitigated since he was a low Round 1 pick, and a backup/future position.  He's worse than Dodd, who stuck around for slightly longer and also hardly played, was just as useless to the team, and only like three picks lower.  Plus we had to cut Dodd.  We got something out of Wilson, I guess.

Then there were QB busts like Locker, who set the franchise back a few years just by being QBs.  But otherwise, yeah.  You can make a case for one or two others being almost as bad, but that's as close as I can come.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Police chase that reached 140 mph in January. Jesus. Dude is going to be in jail or dead in the next couple years. Obviously needs help, but clearly has no interest in getting it.

Seriously though, his story is going to end tragically if he stays on this path.  

I know now people talk about the red flags with him after the fact, but there were truly no signs it’d be this bad with him. Never seen someone throw it all away so quick.

With no incidents in Georgia, this has to be a mental health issue, right?

I mean, it's really hard for me to imagine someone staying straight in college, then just saying screw it once they're out.  I mean, if he's just a huge, reckless idiot, you'd think there would have been a lot of incidents in college, right?

23 minutes ago, Daniel said:

With no incidents in Georgia, this has to be a mental health issue, right?

I mean, it's really hard for me to imagine someone staying straight in college, then just saying screw it once they're out.  I mean, if he's just a huge, reckless idiot, you'd think there would have been a lot of incidents in college, right?

On the flip side, if it was mental illness wouldn't there also have been a lot of incidents in college?

It's not hard for me to imagine him staying straight in college knowing millions are right around the corner, and then saying screw it after he cashes in. To me he's an irresponsible, selfish, idiot.

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

On the flip side, if it was mental illness wouldn't there also have been a lot of incidents in college?

It's not hard for me to imagine him staying straight in college knowing millions are right around the corner, and then saying screw it after he cashes in. To me he's an irresponsible, selfish, idiot.

Perhaps, but I know mental illnesses can worsen, drastically, in early adulthood.  Plus, if he was medicated at all, it was probably easier to keep him that way in college.  It's also harder for me to see the Titans not catching some of that in the pre-draft process.  If he was just acting to get that money, you'd think he'd be smart enough to not do so much dumb criminal ****, and the issues would just be partying and not showing up.

You might be right though, I guess I could see it going either way.  It might just be that the Titans couldn't be as thorough in the pre-draft because of covid.  I am curious about more of the context.