Titans trade OT Isaiah Wilson to Dolphins

RaidersAreOne

25 minutes ago, Daniel said:

With no incidents in Georgia, this has to be a mental health issue, right?

I mean, it's really hard for me to imagine someone staying straight in college, then just saying screw it once they're out.  I mean, if he's just a huge, reckless idiot, you'd think there would have been a lot of incidents in college, right?

This is reckless on my part but I honestly think he’s on drugs. Just looking at his appearance now compared to before he entered the league and his actions, I think he’s on something.

• Like 1

Just now, Daniel said:

For a 300lb plus man, all jeans are skinny jeans.

On a serious note. 
If he is into acid or whatever drugs, those things can alter who you are physically/mentally.

He might have got into something shortly after getting drafted and has been gone since. 

I know of a lot of good people that got into drugs and they turned into a whole other person. 

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

This is reckless on my part but I honestly think he’s on drugs. Just looking at his appearance now compared to before he entered the league and his actions, I think he’s on something.

To me, I think he is obviously is. 
Drinking, drungs.....casually maybe hardcore. Who knows. He has gotten into a world where who knows what is happening. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

On a serious note. 
If he is into acid or whatever drugs, those things can alter who you are physically/mentally.

He might have got into something shortly after getting drafted and has been gone since. 

I know of a lot of good people that got into drugs and they turned into a whole other person. 

The only thing that makes me think it's not drugs is that if it was, I would think that would give the Titans an easy out for his guaranteed money.  If they could get him to pop on a drug screen, that's a league violation and one of the few things that can get a team out of a contract under the CBA.

But otherwise, yeah, yall are right about that fitting perfectly.  He is acting like someone on a **** ton of drugs,

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

To me, I think he is obviously is. 
Drinking, drungs.....casually maybe hardcore. Who knows. He has gotten into a world where who knows what is happening. 

Once I saw this video, I legitimately became concerned about his well being. Clearly something is “off” with him.

I know as fans of the team he was a bust on, we’re not supposed to have any type of sympathy or anything, but I truly hope he can get and accepts whatever help he needs and turns his life around.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Once I saw this video, I legitimately became concerned about his well being. Clearly something is “off” with him.

I know as fans of the team he was a bust on, we’re not supposed to have any type of sympathy or anything, but I truly hope he can get and accepts whatever help he needs and turns his life around.

So he is on drugs. 4 of them.

3 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Ugh....

I don't have sympahty or feel sorry for him. I have empthay and care about him as human, where I don't want him to hurt someone or himself obviously. 

But ugh....it's not even funny anymore. It's more distrubing than anything. Watching a man kind of crumble before the world. 

• Like 1

I just feel like labeling it mental health is giving him a pass in a way and I just don't see it.

He got in to Georgia and had no reported issues and if there was any they were miniscule enough for Robinson to draft him in the 1st round. Every interview we saw of him he was well-worded and came across as an intelligent human being. Everyone spoke glowingly of him and no insider reported anything different. Then he gets paid the bag and everything changes.

If it's mental health then how come it's so easy to point to the pivot in his character occurring when he got paid? It just makes more sense to me that he's immature and millions in his pocket made him feel like he couldn't be touched which led to a series of stupid decisions that progressively got stupider and dangerous that snowballed in to him being arrested at gunpoint.

Edited by dtait93

Being a professional athlete is a committment beyond just the time you put in 'at the office', so to speak. Some folks are driven for success, others get paid and don't care to put in any more time beyond that. Wilson got his money, and doesn't care to put in effort past that. Maybe his personality falls on the opposite end of the work ethic of a Tom Brady, but ultimately we don't need to make excuses for someone who chose to act this way.