Chester Bennington (Linkin Park) dead at 41

Forge

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.

Chester was married with 6 children from 2 wives.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin-park-singer-chester-bennington-dead-commits-suicide

Pretty sad. I still remember how huge they were at the start. I was a monster fan of the first two albums

Just now, MKnight82 said:

This is a bummer.  Hybrid Theory came out when I was a Senior in High School so it stands out as a pretty important album to me.  He was a talented singer.

Same here. I was either a senior in high school, or had just graduated. A time i still vividly remember. I remember when "one step closer" was "buzzworthy" on mtv

Apparently Chris Cornell was a good friend of his and today is Cornell's birthday. Looks like the loss of him was enough to push him over the edge and was an obvious influence as he mimicked the way Cornell did it. Wish he would've thought about his children b/c that's a lot of kids to leave behind. 

19 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Apparently Chris Cornell was a good friend of his and today is Cornell's birthday. Looks like the loss of him was enough to push him over the edge and was an obvious influence as he mimicked the way Cornell did it. Wish he would've thought about his children b/c that's a lot of kids to leave behind. 

Yeah, he actually sang at Cornell's funeral

6 minutes ago, Forge said:
26 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Yeah, he actually sang at Cornell's funeral

Yep. Sang Hallelujah.

Do Shinoda and the guys carry on? Should they? They could have Mike headline and change their sound a bit to fit (not like they are strangers to major changes). They could replace Chester. What do you guys think they will and should do? Does/should Linkin Park die with Chester?

Really sad day though. Like many people, Hybrid Theory revolutionized music for me. 

43 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Do Shinoda and the guys carry on? Should they? They could have Mike headline and change their sound a bit to fit (not like they are strangers to major changes). They could replace Chester. What do you guys think they will and should do? Does/should Linkin Park die with Chester?

Really sad day though. Like many people, Hybrid Theory revolutionized music for me. 

I think Mike will continue on with Fort Minor. I think Linkin Park is done.

Archived