TB back in New England!

Hunter2_1

I think Cannon was done either way, so if Brown is making 11 you aren't paying much extra to make the jump. I don't keep track of the Raiders but it looks like he is been VERY injury prone since he left, hopefully he can stay healthy. 

This can mean a few things: 

• Trent Brown replaces Cannon and Onwenu replaces Thuney
  • Trent Brown replaces Wynn, Wynn is traded 
  • Trent Brown replaces Wynn, Wynn is moved to LG 

I would be alright with any of those, most important will be staying healthy. 

6 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Can see this for sure

I'm trying to think of who would want him though given his injury history. I love Wynn when he plays, but the problem is injuries. 

I can see BB wanting to draft a LT in the first couple rounds but why wouldn't someone else do that instead of trading a 2nd for Wynn as an example? 

2 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

Seems like a very good deal, a one year prove it deal should at least encourage him to play hard.

Oh he will play hard for you guys in a contract year. Then some poor suck is going to get the lazy fatso next year with a huge cap hit. Was so obvious we were going to get burned with what San Frans were saying about his work ethic and passion.

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Can see this for sure

Wouldn’t be a fan of that, unless there was some very favorable return. None of the three are particularly durable or consistent, but at least Wynn’s controlled for 2-3 more seasons. 

37 minutes ago, Starless said:

So does Brown take over at RT, or does he return to LT, with Wynn kicking inside to LG?

I gotta think a big part of this is fear of Cannon returning out of shape after a year off as well as Wynn's inability to stay healthy. Hedging their bets figuring one of them wont be up to snuff. 

I'm not sure what position TB will play however I don't see Cannon coming back unless its a team friendly contract. IMO he has one foot out the door. We had one of the best OL in the NFL without Cannon. I would rather have the cap room and build for the future. Cannon is 33 yrs old and injury prone.

2021 salary cap hit: $9,622,918

Potential cap savings: $7,056,250

We have on the roster

Trent Brown

Justin Herron

Mike Onwenu

Yodny Cajuste  100% healthy

Added   Should of read the whole article.

Restructuring doesn’t seem likely — the Patriots can only save $2.3 million doing that

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2021/03/5-potential-new-england-patriots-salary-cap-casualties.html

Edited by m haynes