TB back in New England!

Hunter2_1

11 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'm just guessing, but...

Wynn, Onwenu, Andrews, Mason, Brown.

or...

Brown, Wynn, Andrews, Mason, Onwenu

I'll go with your 1st one. Why, to maximize their talent. 

Tackle  Wynn > Onwenu,

Guard  Onwenu > Wynn

Boy is it nice to have choices and flexibility . Just think we have Herron and Yogi as well.

Edited by m haynes

39 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Just think we have Herron and Yogi as well.

That is where things get really interesting.. imagine if one of those two is ready after another season and can take over when Wynn/Brown are gone. Puts the Patriots in a really good position to keep drafting middle round OL in hopes of them developing into something special and saving those top picks for other positions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

keep drafting middle round OL

Exactly. The greatest thing is this draft is loaded.  Were talking 20 deep and that's just the big names. There has to be others in the lower RDs as well

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/offensive-linemen/offensive-linemen

I sure love the trees !!! 😁

Added. That why I want Jones. Our line could be one of the best in the game. IMO were loaded and you add the running game. He fits right in with our offense. Great protection and a clean pocket to work from.

Edited by m haynes

Given how much the Patriots like the Senior Bowl, Quinn Meinerz could be someone they target in the middle rounds. He is a D3 guy, dominated at the Senior Bowl.. and could be a David Andrews replacement if he walks. 

Watching his pro day, the guys huge and athletic. If you get him in the 3rd he's a day 1 starter.. and with the size and strength on this OL, it would go a long way towards elevating a mediocre QB on game day. 

15 hours ago, m haynes said:

I'll go with your 1st one. Why, to maximize their talent. 

Tackle  Wynn > Onwenu,

Guard  Onwenu > Wynn

Boy is it nice to have choices and flexibility . Just think we have Herron and Yogi as well.

The OL will be worse off without Thuney, whichever way you look at it. But there will be more money to use elsewhere, so hopefully it balances

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The OL will be worse off without Thuney, whichever way you look at it. But there will be more money to use elsewhere, so hopefully it balances

You could be right however Onwenu could be just as good as Thuney. I have complete faith Onwenu will take over and we will see very little drop off. When we drafted him he had elite run blocking skills however I was shocked how well he passed blocked which was his weakness coming out.  Also we will see "Patriots" T Brown who was one of the best in the NFL.

IMO our 2021 line will be better. Thuney is a great player however overall we will be better with Onwenu taking over at OG and with the addition of Brown.

I look at it like Mankins and than Thuney.

Edited by m haynes

9 minutes ago, m haynes said:

You could be right however Onwenu could be just as good as Thuney.

He may well be. But we've gone from Thuney AND Onwenu, to no Thuney and Onwenu

Hopefully Big Mike goes from strength to strength and becomes one of the elite OL in league, then we may not notice the loss of Thuney

Can I just say I apprecaited the reference to TB in the thread title. Made me take a double look even if just for a second as it had been 30 mins since I last checked NFL twitter  to make sure I wasn't missing out on blockbuster moves. 

I think it is a smart move to maximise the cap opportunity they have. Okay it is an overall downgrade with the loss of Thuney but we were stronger in the interior OL anyway with Mason and Onwenu and we now have the money to keep Andrews and invest in other parts of the team. 

Just need a QB and Golladay/Patrick now.