Jags tag Cam Robinson

KhanYouDigIt

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

How would you be wrong when you didn't report it? You can't be this dumb. 

This is literally the whole thing.

Wasn't even trying to defend anyone really. More so highlighting how it's odd to trash someone for posting info about a report from an insider, discussing it, and than being trashed for bringing that info up after it falls through.

It's not like we individually who post a report actually got the info ourselves/our credibility is on the line lmao.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Will admit I'm not the biggest Cam fine. But he solid there last year for the most part.

Always said it would be a trade for Orlando, sign Trent, or tag Cam. You can't put a rookie out there.

You're right, .Buzz.  That's probably the smart way to go about it.  I wonder if this means we are more or less likely to draft an OT with this move?  The rookie could sit behind Cam for the year and also be available for a backup in case he gets injured.

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

You're right, .Buzz.  That's probably the smart way to go about it.  I wonder if this means we are more or less likely to draft an OT with this move?  The rookie could sit behind Cam for the year and also be available for a backup in case he gets injured.

We still need a guy to push taylor. 

The only thing that changes with this move is it won't force us to draft a lt or sign 1. 

Should we look into improving our ol depth? Absolutely. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

has nothing to do with any of this sources and football discussion stuff man lol. dude was being a loudmouth with the “y’all gonna be mad” comment in our forum, and he’s in here being a loudmouth now that the deal didn’t happen jawing a ravens fan saying “derrrr y’all got a RB playin QB OBJ ain’t that good anyway”.

hes purposefully being a doucher and if that’s how you act & you’re wrong simultaneously you’re gonna get called a clown. 

again, not much more for us to discuss  ✌you can keep white knighting for him if you want knock yourself out lol i’ll see you all in like 4 years when we play you again 

You need to quit trolling.

The Jaguars were probably willing to trade 33 and a future third, and when that fell through they moved on.

Expecting that the Jaguars were going to give up a first and Chark with ease, yeah that was going to always lead to disappointments. Chark and Shenault are probably the two least tradable assets on the entire team. 

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

This is literally the whole thing.

Wasn't even trying to defend anyone really. More so highlighting how it's odd to trash someone for posting info about a report from an insider, discussing it, and than being trashed for bringing that info up after it falls through.

It's not like we individually who post a report actually got the info ourselves/our credibility is on the line lmao.

I'm going to excuse the rudeness of the Ravens fans because they are obviously unaware of all the rock star-caliber posters we have here in the Jags forum.  :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Orlando Brown traded for what ended up being 45th overall value.

Lmao.

31st pick - 600 points
94th pick - 124 points
236 pick - 38 points
2022 5th round pick - 17.4 points (without accounting for degrading of value for future picks)

779.4 points total

58th pick - 320 points
2022 6th round pick - 5.4 points (without accounting for degrading of value for future picks)
325.4 points worth of picks.

Meaning Orlando Brown was valued at 454 points (actually less if you degrade the future picks value). Right between the 44th and 45th pick. 

That's a far cry from the guy who claimed that 1300 draft points was the guaranteed selling target and that the 845 points from a Jaguars 33+65 package would be so low that it would cause him to quit being a fan.

Or if you use the new trade value chart, it's

31st pick - 190 points
94th pick - 41 points
136 pick - 18 points
2022 5th round pick - 7 points (without accounting for degrading of value for future picks)

256 points total

58th pick - 93 points
2022 6th round pick - 3 points (without accounting for degrading of value for future picks)
96 points worth of picks.

Which would place Brown at 160 points, or between the 37th and 38th pick. A little higher, but still roughly in line with the expectations others had.

• Like 4

That definitely seems like more reasonable value for Orlando Brown, and the sort of "risk" you're also taking on.  It'd be one thing if you were just acquiring a surefire LT on a cheap rookie deal for a while.  But it's a bit of a tricky situation, having to trust that he's going to actually work as a LT outside of that Baltimore system and its unique wrinkles and demands.  And you're kinda stuck pretty much immediately on the hook paying him like it will work out, even if it doesn't really.

Kinda works out for Baltimore though.  They should be able to nab a good RT prospect with that pick, who will restart the clock on that rookie contract...and presumably be content to just be a RT.

I'm pretty content just rolling with Cam for the time being though, and hopefully getting a prospect of our own in here to eventually take over at LT.  Gives us a bit of a safety net "serviceable veteran" for the time being.  And we're not really tied to anything.  There's lots of flexibility to pivot in different directions for next year, depending on how things go this season.  Seems like as good a situation as was on the table for where this team is at right now, and hopefully headed soon.

Was someone calling one of our superstar posters a clown?  Well, I guess now we know how that turned out.  :D

giphy.gif

Someone is looking a little "Homie-like" about now, but it sure isn't @KhanYouDigIt

For what it's worth, I would have been willing to give up #45, or maybe even #33 for Brown, but since we tagged Cam, I'd prefer to draft our future LT and let him work his way into the starting lineup this year.  I'd LOVE to move up for Darrisaw if the price isn't too high.

Edited by Uncle Buck