What's your draft big board? 2021 edition!

RaidersAreOne

19 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

For me at 17 goes...

Worthy of the picks at 17 are... Tucker or Jenkins(Maybe Ojulari)

Steals are... Parsons Darrisaw Phillips or Surtain

Reaches are.... Paye, Newsome, Any safety, Oweh, 

Great players that don't really help us are.... JOK and Collins

With that being said I:

1. Consider Gus Bradley a competent defensive coordinator that actually knows what to do with what he asks for so whoever they draft on defense I'll be good with

2. Tom cable was right about Kolton Miller so I trust whichever lineman they choose at 17

You say that Bradley is a Competent DC...you say that JOK and Collins are great players...so you dont think a Competent to Good DC can find a way implement 2 very good {not great} into his defensive scheme...come on man lol

Surtain
Horn
Farley

Any of the three might very well be the best player available, and also play a premium position.  If we know five QBs two or three WR, a TE, and some OT are going before us, it's easy to see one of the top CBs being there.  

Jaelen Phillips--he and Farley, obviously depending on medicals. But if the docs think he's fine, that's my #1 choice.  Seems like a crazy risky choice, but I gotta mention him at least.  

After that, I don't really care if we take our OT, or our S there.  Neither seems like a massive value.  Just as long as they hit.  

1 hour ago, lester said:

You say that Bradley is a Competent DC...you say that JOK and Collins are great players...so you dont think a Competent to Good DC can find a way implement 2 very good {not great} into his defensive scheme...come on man lol

It’s not about that. It’s about does it make the team better.

My reason why I consider JOK a great player that doesnt help I like him as a player Is because the question is how much better is he the Nicholas Morrow(if he's better at all)? And then the other question we have to ask is do we want to waste a first round pick to find out?

Say Trevor Lawrence were to fall to us. Do we take him? I think he’s going to be a great player who could be better than Carr But the principal is the same: how much better is he then the quarterback Than we already have. 

Edited by Jeremy408

12 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m one of Morrow’s biggest supporters around but JOK  is two levels above Morrow.  

Morrow is only under contract for 1 year and could very easily be gone next year.  While I think he would want to stay here if money was comparable, If he plays very well he could get an offer we can’t match or come close to.  The reality is Morrow is a replacement level starter and not a corner stone of this defense.

But having Morrow does make me question if drafting JOK... assuming other top options are available too, Is worth it.  

Agree with this entire post. 

- JOK is on another planet than Morrow and much better than Morrow. 

- I’m one of Morrow’s biggest advocates

- I think Bradley can make Morrow have his best year in his career. 

- Having Morrow makes me question if drafting JOK is worth it, assuming if Darrisaw/Farley/Surtain are off the board. No way I’d draft JOK over those three regardless. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Agree with this entire post. 

- JOK is on another planet than Morrow and much better than Morrow. 

- I’m one of Morrow’s biggest advocates

- I think Bradley can make Morrow have his best year in his career. 

- Having Morrow makes me question if drafting JOK is worth it, assuming if Darrisaw/Farley/Surtain are off the board. No way I’d draft JOK over those three regardless. 

Heres my thing with that: a year ago we'd be saying that about Cory Littleton. 

The reality with JOK is nobody knows how he's going to pan out because he hasn't played in the league yet whereas morrow we know he's a good player already who has the potential to improve in the Gus Bradley system(Which Gus Bradley who coached Bobby Wagner KJ wright and Tevin smith thinks so). Remember before Gus Bradley became a defensive coordinator he was a linebackers coach(Which means that linebacker is his specialty) And that guy wanted Morrow back.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The reality with JOK is nobody knows how he's going to pan out because he hasn't played in the league yet whereas morrow we know he's a good player already who has the potential to improve in the Gus Bradley system(Which Gus Bradley who coached Bobby Wagner KJ wright and Tevin smith thinks so). Remember before Gus Bradley became a defensive coordinator he was a linebackers coach(Which means that linebacker is his specialty) And that guy wanted Morrow back.

I’m all on board not drafting JOK and rocking Morrow. I think he’ll be solid in Bradley’s scheme. I think Parsons, the Corners, Paye, and Moehrig make us better on D over JOK.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Paul Guenther was a LB coach.... how'd that work out?

Sure Bradley sees a role for Morrow. But that certainly doesn't mean he will overlook the potential for a star level talent of another LB. 

If the Raiders are basing any draft decisions off of having Nicholas Morrow.... then they have no idea what they are doing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Paul Guenther was a LB coach.... how'd that work out?

Sure Bradley sees a role for Morrow. But that certainly doesn't mean he will overlook the potential for a star level talent of another LB. 

If the Raiders are basing any draft decisions off of having Nicholas Morrow.... then they have no idea what they are doing.

Here's my thing though with that: Who can we look at and say that Paul Gunther has ever produced? In other words, what LB on the Bengals or the Raiders can we directly say that player What are developed by Paul Gunther(That wasn't already a starter Before he became the defensive coordinator)?

Edited by Jeremy408

22 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

And if they had a ton of faith in him they would've signed him to a longer extension. Kwit, Littleton, and Morrow could all be gone after the season. 

JOK would be a fine pick and not a reach, that is something I think the fanbase can agree on. I also think the fanbase can agree that Parsons and Surtain would make our D better over JOK. 

I won’t include Farley because the fanbase is split on him over medicals and did not include Moehrig because the fanbase is also split on him. 

Although personally, speaking strictly defensive players, I’d take Parsons, Farley, Surtain, Paye, and Oweh over JOK. But I’d also be perfectly fine with JOK as well, he’s a fine pick. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Here's my thing though with that: Who can we look and say that Paul Gunther has ever produced? In other words, what LB on the Bengals or the Raiders can we directly say that player What are developed by Paul Gunther(That wasn't already a starter Before he became the defensive coordinator)?

I thought Kwit and Morrow played pretty well. 

41 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think Littleton is going to surprise a lot of people this year.

Surprise how? If he makes 1 play it's more than he made in the entirety of last season. 

Littleton is another Raider fan hopeful. Team is loaded with those. Guys who  are "going to surprise a lot of people".