What's your draft big board? 2021 edition!

RaidersAreOne

If I'm going LB it's 

Parsons

Collins

then JOK 

People saying Morrow is similar to JOK. I say JOK is similar to Littleton when on the Rams. We HAVE Littleton here and it's not like the Rams but I'm NOT creating another imaginary NEED. Parsons and Collins have size for the position and I just see JOK being washed out along with Littleton as Kwit tries to hold his ground. Parsons and or Collins become enforcers who disrupt the play which allows Littleton to clean things up. So many here like Abram because of laying the wood but you want a bunch of lite in the rear LB's behind a terrible Dline and then expect a young secondary to keep up with receivers?!?  JOK is a over priced William Thomas and that's NOT ever worth a 1st. 3rd hell yeah but 1st?!? ARGH!!! 

Even with that rant I'd still welcome him to the team but we'll need some HUGE DT's too because our secondary will outweigh our LB's. I thought football was a contact sport. JOK can hit, fly and be disruptive. I just don't think he can or will be with the team we will put on the field. If he did become our Derwin James I'd be really happy but I just don't see it. Great player in the right system if the talent is around to let him do his thing. We lack talent. Yet I'd still take him over Jenkins. LOL 

Overall big board 

1. Trevor Lawrence 

2. Kyle Pitts

3. Penei Sewell

4. Micha Parsons 

5. Ja'Marr Chase 

6. Christian Darrishaw 

7. Justin Fields 

8. Rashawn Slater 

9. Azeez Ojulari 

10. Patrick Surtain II

11. Caleb Farley

12. DeVonta Smith

13. Jaycee Horn 

14. Jaylen Waddle 

15. Joe Tryon 

16. Jalen Phillips 

17.  Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah 

18. Kwity Payne 

19. Trey Lance 

20. Zach Wilson 

21. Trevon Moehrig 

22. Jamin Davis 

23. Alijah Vera-Tucker 

24. Najee Harris 

25. Zaven Collins 

26. Rashod Bateman 

27. Javon Holland 

28. Tevon Jenkins 

29. Levi Onwuzurike 

30. Travis Etienne 

31. Jayson Oweh

32. Nick Bolton

I am a firm believer in not reaching for need, but I also think true BPA is a luxury most teams can't afford. So based off of my views on these players my current big board for pick 17 in terms of guys I think have at least an outside shot of being available would look as such

1. Micha Parsons - Parsons IMO is one of the true blue chip prospects in this draft. He's a guy you draft and he's locked up the long term MLB spot on your team for a decade. He's the type that gives the team a real identity. He's a ridiculous athlete for the position, when he hits people they go backwards, he's a terror on blitzes, and while he hasn't played the position for very long he still has pretty dang good instincts. He will have to work on becoming a consistent coverage threat, but he has every tool to do exactly that. He doesn't fill the biggest need, but if he's available we should run the pick in immediately. 

2. Christian Darrishaw - The only tackle I would draft is Darrishaw. I think in most drafts he would be the top OT in the class for me. He checks all the boxes. Athletic. Has some nastiness to him. Good technique. He's just such a great and clean prospect I would make an exception on my view of waiting until the 2nd or 3rd to take a tackle. 

3. Azeez Ojulari - I am much higher on him than most. A lot of websites and guys have him anywhere from 15-30 on their big board, to me he's the clear cut #1 edge rusher in this class. Watching him play is absolutely awesome. Tremendous technique, discipline, hand usage, has a couple of moves he can lean on that can work against NFL tackles, versatile as all heck. He is a guy that just makes plays. And good teams can find a way to use him. Put him at SLB on early down, hand in the dirt in nickel. With him, Yannick and Crosby rotating I would feel much better about our outside pass rush. 

4. Joe Tryon - I suppose there may be a theme this year with my edge rankings being different than most. I truly believe had he played this past season he would be viewed as a top 10 lock. He's so smooth, electric, twitchy, great bend. Can beat tackles to the corner, can use his hands and strength to bull rush, push and pull, or use his ridiculous quickness to beat tackles inside, also has a terror of a spin move that he showed fantastic success with. I actually think I could convince myself he's a top 10 player in this draft as is. He only has one year of production, but he was great as a sophomore, and he's a guy that will get better and better with an NFL strength and conditioning program and experience. He's the guy I actually kind of hope we pull the "reach" or surprise pick in taking him because I would agree with this one lol. 

5. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - My having 2 LBs in my top 5 of my big board for pick 17 isn't actually so much a reflection on thinking our LB core is terrible. I think Kwit is a decent starting MLB, and I am actually more hopeful for Littelton and his level of play in Bradley's defense than almost anyone. However, neither of those guys and Morrow even less so would stop me from drafting someone I am high on. Especially guys like Parsons or JOK that can do certain things and fill certain roles that nobody on the roster currently can. Roles that are incredibly valuable in the current NFL. Parsons and JOK are very different LBs though and would fill different roles. Ojulari and Tryon get the nod because I believe a dominant and deep pass rush is more beneficial to anything else on defense, but JOK would be a great chess piece to have. We need playmakers, period. And JOK fits that bill. I am actually higher on him with Bradley in the fold than I would have been before he was hired because Bradley has a track record of being able to get a lot out of players of JOK cut. He has to be deployed the right way. Fortunately our DC doesn't seem to be one of the coordinators that wouldn't know how to use him and waste his potential. 

6. Kwity Paye - Similar reasoning to Ojulari and Tryon. I just haven seen quite as much in terms of his ability to produce pressure day one. He has a very high ceiling though. And with time and coaching he could be one of the best ends in the NFL period. That is worth the gamble at pick 17. 

7. Jaycee Horn - This spot would go to Farley, but the back concerns scare me a lot. Injuries are also why Phillips isn't here or higher (though his injuries would keep me from drafting him in the first altogether). All three of the top corners IMO have #1 CB, top 10 in all the NFL potential. I don't see Horn or any CB being the pick in the first because of the resources we have invested, but I just don't think Arnette ever becomes what we need him to, and I would feel much more confident in our secondary with a top prospect like Horn paired with Mullen on the outside. Taking Horn would be going against how I usually think you build a team but making the exception because he's just that talented. 

8. Trevon Moehrig - My top safety in the class, but not by much. I think had Holland played this year there is a distinct possibility he's a concensus top 15-20 player and the top S on the board. How high I am on Holland doesn't mean I don't like Moehrig a lot though. If we take him at 17 I will view it as an ever so slight reach, but my biggest gripe is if we take him simply because we view safety as a bigger need than an edge player or a LB like Parsons or JOK. Moehrig is worthy of an early 20s selection but he just isn't as good of a player as some of the edge and LBs and ultimately I think this defense is in such shambles we need to bring in the best players and trust Bradley and company can make it work. However if Moehrig does end up being the pick it could make a tremendous impact on our secondary. I don't think he has Earl Thomas potential, but he certainly can be one of the top 5-10 free safeties in the league that makes a ton of plays on the ball. 

Last parting note, I also think Levi Onwuzurike is the clear cut top DT in this class. I think he is worthy of a first round selection. My dream start to the draft is Parsons in the first and Onwuzurike in the second. I would even be willing to trade up to the mid 30's to make sure I landed him. I have a terrible feeling we go RT and FS in the first two rounds when really I think we should just be adding the best defensive prospect we can. I think some of the guys I talked about in the first and someone like Levi Onwuzurike, Nixon, Ossai, Bolton, Cox, etc in the second with a RT like Brown or Carmen in the third is going to be way more beneficial to this team overall. Don't force it Mayock and Gruden. I hope we take the two best front 7 players we can get, and then look to fill the RT spot in the third or trading up into the 2nd to make sure we get one we like. Holland is the only safety I would take over those guys I mentioned in the second if he is there. 

• Like 1