What's your draft big board? 2021 edition!

RaidersAreOne

22 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

With regard to potential RTs we might look at I see Teven Jenkins projected to us a lot but that leads me to thinking that the types of tackles we've gone after have been very tall, athletic types like Miller and Parker, even Trent Brown when he was in shape is very athletic and long. Wouldn't Cable be more likely to be pushing for a guy like Radunz, Brown or Cosmi or even later on guys like Doyle or Christensen? Obviously they are less polished but having seen the progress of Miller I think we can give a little benefit of the doubt for once 😁 

Jenkins did test ridiculously well though. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

With regard to potential RTs we might look at I see Teven Jenkins projected to us a lot but that leads me to thinking that the types of tackles we've gone after have been very tall, athletic types like Miller and Parker, even Trent Brown when he was in shape is very athletic and long. Wouldn't Cable be more likely to be pushing for a guy like Radunz, Brown or Cosmi or even later on guys like Doyle or Christensen? Obviously they are less polished but having seen the progress of Miller I think we can give a little benefit of the doubt for once 😁 

Jenkins is one of the only guys that has actually played RT in college and is a plug and play starter. He also has a nasty streak and is an aggressive run blocker which seems to fit the mold of guys we like on the right side. 

Miller is a good example of why we'd likely target someone like Jenkins. I don't think Jenkins upside is as high as other guys but he has played RT and is a guy you can probably count on to start as a rookie. Miller was absolutely horrible as a rookie and we need someone that can come in and be at least average from day 1. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I didn't want a DT at every spot and to be fair this was before we signed 45 DT. 

😂 you misunderstand, I wasn't mocking you, I just find it funny (in a good way) how many DTs we signed and then saw you had a DT on your big board at everyspot and thought, screw it, after how bad our pass rush has been recently, I'm down to sign anyone and everyone to compensate. 😂

• Like 1

Me personally

Parsons Horn Jenkins Darisaw. Or small trade back for Collins. I think this system is made for him or Parsons  honestly. But Collins for some reason gives me Khalil Mack vibes.

Also would not be afraid of just bpa even a receiver or running back. Let's be honest this team needs a talent infusion.

Grant maybe Carman. Bpa

On a side note. I read an interesting article. What if we decide to take anyone off the board who opted out last year? I mean that could actually be a thing.

9 hours ago, reddevil said:

This is exactly what will happen. Could be the other way round - but we will pick these positions early, regardless of value at the time of the picks.

Similar to last year where it was obvious we needed a WR and CB. And in hindsight, we possibly tackled it in the wrong order and we’re left flailing with pick 19.

Needing starters at certain positions from early draft picks will force you into decisions you don’t want to take. Instead of going into this draft targeting difference makers for our terrible defense, we will be using the best chance we have for that to fill needs 

There is zero doubt I would have went AJ Terrell at 12 and Jefferson at 19.  This team would have been in a much better position today if they did. 

I really liked Terrell and wanted him at 19, I was very shocked to see the backup plan they had in place.  I would have never guessed reaching for a CB was the direction they were going in. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

There is zero doubt I would have went AJ Terrell at 12 and Jefferson at 19.  This team would have been in a much better position today if they did. 

I really liked Terrell and wanted him at 19, I was very shocked to see the backup plan they had in place.  I would have never guessed reaching for a CB was the direction they were going in. 

I don't think it was any shock at all we went WR then CB, wasn't that what we all thought the FO would do? Now, Terrell of course if we'd chosen him would have been playing in our crappy scheme with no pass rush and running round back there in a state of confusion so half the forum would be saying he's a reach and a bust at this point.

It's arguable that we don't beat the Chiefs without Ruggs too so it's not simply a case of saying they would have been better....... Let's see how young Arnette does in a (hopefully) better scheme, maybe with a little pass rush help and with a competent DC. Ruggs too offers something that the other guys don't, so though I wanted Kinlaw and Lamb I think we need to see what these youngsters do with a hopefully full off season and TC less abridged. You argue often and well about Carr and the support he hasn't been aforded (something I agree with) so let's not rush to judgement on the rookies in a similar position.

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I don't think it was any shock at all we went WR then CB, wasn't that what we all thought the FO would do? Now, Terrell of course if we'd chosen him would have been playing in our crappy scheme with no pass rush and running round back there in a state of confusion so half the forum would be saying he's a reach and a bust at this point.

It's arguable that we don't beat the Chiefs without Ruggs too so it's not simply a case of saying they would have been better....... Let's see how young Arnette does in a (hopefully) better scheme, maybe with a little pass rush help and with a competent DC. Ruggs too offers something that the other guys don't, so though I wanted Kinlaw and Lamb I think we need to see what these youngsters do with a hopefully full off season and TC less abridged. You argue often and well about Carr and the support he hasn't been aforded (something I agree with) so let's not rush to judgement on the rookies in a similar position.

Guenther was an idiot he used the CBs like LBs in the run game and they all got hurt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I like Ruggs as he was my 2nd choice at 12 behind Lamb.  We all knew it was one of the top 3 WR's at 12 and I liked Ruggs over Jeudy out of those 3.  I was hoping he would show more as a rookie but he did not.  I agree that he brought a speed element that had to be accounted for at all times which did open things up for other players.  With all of that being said he has to produce this season, you do not draft a WR at 12 to be a decoy.  We need to find a way to get the ball in his hands and for him to have a successful season I feel he needs to have at least 65 receptions.  

I was never a fan of the Arnette pick and still am not.  I was focused on Terrell being there at 19 and was disappointed when ATL. swooped him a few picks ahead.  Our fallback plan in Arnette was a disappointment and a reach.  Once again you do not take a Cb who doesn't possess #1 potential in the top 20 in the NFL draft.  I assure you that Arnette will never be a lockdown #1.  He has a place on this roster but I am telling you now he will never live up to his draft status and from that prospective he will be a disappointing pick.  He will be 25 when the season kicks off, has questionable speed, short arms and got torched last season.  I never understood the pick and last season reinforced my suspicions and that was they were locked in on taking a CB, not BPA and I rarely agree with that philosophy.  

I've always been about taking bigger WR's and would have preferred Lamb and Jefferson over Ruggs but I don't dislike Ruggs by any means he just has to win in different ways than the bigger guys.   Ruggs is obviously very fast and appears to have very good hands and is quite tough for his size.  

On draft day after Ruggs was selected and Terrell went off the board I think we would have all wanted a trade back but let's assume that was not on the table.  The player that intrigued me was Kalavon Chaisson (Edge) who was selected one pick later.  He had a disappointing season last year from a statistical standpoint but is very raw so I anticipated a slow start to his career.  He was also 20 when the season kicked off but his upside potential and versatility is what intrigued me, he plays a position of need, which is also an impact position (Edge). I still would prefer him over Arnette. 

I also have been saying for months that CB needs to be considered at 17 this season as well.  Arnette should not detour us from taking a lockdown #1 CB at 17 if we feel there is one there.  I have been saying for months that if Jacyee Horn is there at 17 he should be the pick that is assuming that Surtain is gone before we pick.  If Horn pans out as a number 1 that would turn a weakness into a strength.  Horn, Mullin and Arnette as the NB would be a solid CB corp.  I don't like the value of a FS at 17 overall as I feel value can be had later on.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I like Ruggs as he was my 2nd choice at 12 behind Lamb.  We all knew it was one of the top 3 WR's at 12 and I liked Ruggs over Jeudy out of those 3.  I was hoping he would show more as a rookie but he did not.  I agree that he brought a speed element that had to be accounted for at all times which did open things up for other players.  With all of that being said he has to produce this season, you do not draft a WR at 12 to be a decoy.  We need to find a way to get the ball in his hands and for him to have a successful season I feel he needs to have at least 65 receptions.  

I was never a fan of the Arnette pick and still am not.  I was focused on Terrell being there at 19 and was disappointed when ATL. swooped him a few picks ahead.  Our fallback plan in Arnette was a disappointment and a reach.  Once again you do not take a Cb who doesn't possess #1 potential in the top 20 in the NFL draft.  I assure you that Arnette will never be a lockdown #1.  He has a place on this roster but I am telling you now he will never live up to his draft status and from that prospective he will be a disappointing pick.  He will be 25 when the season kicks off, has questionable speed, short arms and got torched last season.  I never understood the pick and last season reinforced my suspicions and that was they were locked in on taking a CB, not BPA and I rarely agree with that philosophy.  

I've always been about taking bigger WR's and would have preferred Lamb and Jefferson over Ruggs but I don't dislike Ruggs by any means he just has to win in different ways than the bigger guys.   Ruggs is obviously very fast and appears to have very good hands and is quite tough for his size.  

On draft day after Ruggs was selected and Terrell went off the board I think we would have all wanted a trade back but let's assume that was not on the table.  The player that intrigued me was Kalavon Chaisson (Edge) who was selected one pick later.  He had a disappointing season last year from a statistical standpoint but is very raw so I anticipated a slow start to his career.  He was also 20 when the season kicked off but his upside potential and versatility is what intrigued me, he plays a position of need, which is also an impact position (Edge). I still would prefer him over Arnette. 

I also have been saying for months that CB needs to be considered at 17 this season as well.  Arnette should not detour us from taking a lockdown #1 CB at 17 if we feel there is one there.  I have been saying for months that if Jacyee Horn is there at 17 he should be the pick that is assuming that Surtain is gone before we pick.  If Horn pans out as a number 1 that would turn a weakness into a strength.  Horn, Mullin and Arnette as the NB would be a solid CB corp.  I don't like the value of a FS at 17 overall as I feel value can be had later on.  

Good post and understandable on all your points. I too was not a fan of Arnette, I believe in the draft thread I said I projected him as a slot CB and had him behind Johnson, Terrell, Fulton, maybe a few others too so was very disappointed to have taken him in the first round. There was a great discussion in the draft thread and whilst I am a little pessimistic about the young man we still need to give him a fair shot I feel, though if Surtain fell to 17 for example Arnette wouldn't prevent me from taking him. We do have a guy in Bradley who has a good track record with DBs so I'm in 'wait and see' mode and at worst I feel he'll be a good nickel - now that is not what you want from a 1st round pick obviously but it's where we're at I guess!

Pick 17:

1. LB Micah Parsons

Personally, I love Parsons and think he's a Blue Chip Prospect. LB is no where near as big of a need as DT, RT, S, or CB but he's a Blue Chip Prospect (imo) that has a slight chance of falling to us. 

2. OT Liam Eichenberg

My second favorite Tackle prospect in the draft behind Sewell.  

3. CB Caleb Farley

I have him ranked pretty high in this draft but his injuries are a huge concern. He would take care of our outside corner position and Arnette could move inside. 

4. S Trevon Moehrig

Big fan of Moehrig and would love if he's the pick at 17. He's the dynamic FS in coverage that we have been looking a long time for. 

5. OT Christian Darrisaw

Good fit for Cable's system. He may be a better fit than Eichenberg, but I'm not gonna pick him solely for that reason if Eichenberg is on the board.

6. EDGE Azeez Ojulari

Can never have too many EDGE Rushers, and Ojulari oozes potential as a 4-3 end. 

Pick 48:

1. DT Christian Barmore

Some want Barmore in the 1st, and knowing Mayock/Gruden, that reach is a huge possibility. However, I think he's more of a Early 2nd Round Talent. I don't think he'll fall to 48, but I'd be absolutely jumping for joy if he did. It's a very very weak IDL class, and Barmore is still my #1 IDL Prospect. 

2. CB Eric Stokes

I'm a big fan of both Georgia Corners, especially in the 2nd Round. Stokes is a bit of a project, but he has every bit of potential to develop into an Outside Lockdown Corner in the NFL. 

3. OT Walker Little

I'm a big Walker Little fan, have loved him as a Prospect for a long time. If it wasn't for his injuries, I think he'd be a Top 15 talent in this draft. 

4. IOL Landon Dickerson

Injury may scare some people, but I think he's going to be a great IOL at the next level and solidifies our IOL for years to come. 

5. CB Tyson Campbell

The other Georgia Corner. I think he also has potential to become a solid Outside Starting Corner in the NFL. 

6. S Richie Grant

A bit of a chess piece, do-everything Safety. He'd be great value at 48, and a solid 2nd Round Prospect. 

Here is my Top 25 Big Board (usually do 75, but not enough time on my hands this year):

https://thedraftnetwork.com/bigboard/DZ6UUy2KS3

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Guenther was an idiot he used the CBs like LBs in the run game and they all got hurt.

This make no sense. How did he use CBs like LBs?

Guessing because Arnette knocked himself out a couple time tackling a RB who made this assertion?