What's your draft big board? 2021 edition!

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, G said:

Here's how I see the Tackles.

Sewell/Slater with Darrisaw close behind and all worth #17

Leatherwood, Mayfield, Vera-Tucker depending on system but reaches @17 but still 1st round because of teams needing cheap/young linemen

Jenkins, Cosmi (system) Eichenberg could go in 1st but are 2nd rounders because of depth. A 'run' makes them all 1sts

Radunz, Brown, Little are 2nd to 3rd rounders due to competition or injury

Smith, Christenson should be 3rd but reaches happen once a run happens.

Teams might wait and we could see a late 1st early 2nd 'run' and with a probably run on QB's with 1/2/3 maybe all being QB's this could slip an excellent defender to us. I want Parsons but the Denver probability is pretty high. A trade down in 1st and trade up in 2nd would be ideal. Really want a FS (Hooker) and RT signed before the draft but...We like showing our 'needs' 😜

You are leaving out Jackson Carman. If someone gets him in the 2nd I think it is a great spot. If someone gets him 3rd or later they got a steal.

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I like Jackson alot as a guard in the 3rd. 

He could play both. Kid is strong as an ox has a great get off. Had his best games against his toughest competition. Started every game he played in college. At LT protecting Lawrence blind side. And against Ohio State when they were constantly in obvious passing downs he only gave up 1 pressure in 49 snaps. He is also nimble to be 6'6" 345.

3 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

He could play both. Kid is strong as an ox has a great get off. Had his best games against his toughest competition. Started every game he played in college. At LT protecting Lawrence blind side. And against Ohio State when they were constantly in obvious passing downs he only gave up 1 pressure in 49 snaps. He is also nimble to be 6'6" 345.

You don't think he will struggle at RT? I want to wait until 3rd to go for T, I like him there. The way mocks have been looking, I think we could add real talent on the OL in the 3rd

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

You don't think he will struggle at RT? I want to wait until 3rd to go for T, I like him there. The way mocks have been looking, I think we could add real talent on the OL in the 3rd

I'm not an expert but I don't think he would have an issue at right tackle. Apparently Tony Pauline doesn't think so either. I try to go by what I see and not risers or fallers. In May before people had to "shake up" rankings to get clicks he was considered the 3rd best tackle. Behind Swell and Darrisaw. I try not to get hyped over people that rise late. I also think Ben Cleveland that you mentioned in your mock is being slept on. That's a guard with a mean streak and another guy with lots of starts against great competition.

• Like 1

Just now, BigD1123 said:

And I'm not pounding the table for him or anything. I was just pointing out how he continually gets overlooked. When he could be a very good starter. At RT or guard. His arms are a little too short for LT. 

Like I said, he's a guy I like alot in the 3rd. I think he can maul people at guard, or be a Trent Brown replacement at tackle. Clemson tie is there too, maybe not 2nd but 3rd

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

Like I said, he's a guy I like alot in the 3rd. I think he can maul people at guard, or be a Trent Brown replacement at tackle. Clemson tie is there too, maybe not 2nd but 3rd

I wouldn't be angry at the 2nd but I'd love it in the third. But honestly I've never been big on 1st and 2nd round o linemen. They are expected to be so good in those two rounds you get a lot of pressure and every mistake scrutinized. Almost like we forget they are rookies. For some reason I've always liked round 3 and 5 for o linemen.

1 minute ago, BigD1123 said:

I wouldn't be angry at the 2nd but I'd love it in the third. But honestly I've never been big on 1st and 2nd round o linemen. They are expected to be so good in those two rounds you get a lot of pressure and every mistake scrutinized. Almost like we forget they are rookies. For some reason I've always liked round 3 and 5 for o linemen.

I'll rather go OL and pass rusher early and then DBs.. idk how it's going shake out, just alot of good tackles in this draft class.. Makes me think we can wait and get a stud, and help our pathetic defense early on.

Edited by Humble_Beast

6 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

You are leaving out Jackson Carman. If someone gets him in the 2nd I think it is a great spot. If someone gets him 3rd or later they got a steal.

Walterfootball mocked him to the Raiders at 17 overall which was eye opening to say the least

I agree with you. I think round 2, he'd be great value. He's a an absolute bruiser with good feet.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Walterfootball mocked him to the Raiders at 17 overall which was eye opening to say the least

I agree with you. I think round 2, he'd be great value. He's a an absolute bruiser with good feet.

Yeah he’s another guy like day 2. He’s got tackle talent but say he doesn’t do well at that right away. Like say there’s a scenario where somehow Brandon Parker puts it together and wins the job(it’s highly unlikely as that would be) or Denzel Good wins the job(The more likely scenario) Jackson Carmen’s Play style translates to him being a very high end guard with the potential to still play right tackle with coaching. My thing is I think one of those playoff teams is going to draft him at the bottom of the first. 

11 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

I was thinking G in the 3rd just like HB said but being I put AVT I think I should have added JC too.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Carman is dealing with a back injury which is why he didn't workout at his pro day. One thing to note from his pro day as well was that he was listed at around 340 while at Clemson and was 317 at his pro day. On one side that could be a positive sign that indicates he's in better shape or it could be a negative sign that indicates he hasn't been working out a ton due to the back injury. 

I need to watch some more of him but most things that I've read said that he struggled against speed rushers and is likely better suited to move inside to OG. 

Edited by NYRaider

50 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

My thing is I think one of those playoff teams is going to draft him at the bottom of the first. 

I think he goes late 2nd/early 3rd round. Daniel Jeremiah was talking about him during a recent podcast and said that the back injury hurt his draft stock. 

36 minutes ago, G said:

I was thinking G in the 3rd just like HB said but being I put AVT I think I should have added JC too.

The Athletic recently published an article where Tom Cable gave his thoughts and opinions on the new look OL. And the thing that stood out to me most were his comments on John Simpson. Cable said the 2 starting OG spots will be a 3 way competition between Good, Simpson, and Incognito. Cable also said that he sees Simpson as a guy with the potential to "just take off this year." 

• Like 1