What's your draft big board? 2021 edition!

RaidersAreOne

21 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I thought it was character concerns

That's Micah Parsons who was the ring leader during Penn State's hazing scandal. 

“He has had a back injury and he had to get that fixed after the season,”Jeremiah said. “So today he did not do anything, but just kind of measured and weighed in. I did see he was 317 pounds, which is significantly lighter than what he played at last year at Clemson.”

Carman also measured in at 6-foot-4 with an 87-inch wingspan. He said he’s met with a handful of NFL teams and has more meetings scheduled. Teams have discussed possibly moving him over to the guard position at the next level.

“Definitely something I’m prepared for, ready for,” he said. “When I get to a team, I’m a team player, so if that’s something that needs to be done for the betterment of the team, I’m going to do it. And so for me, I’m excited for the opportunity wherever I’m able to play in the NFL. I feel like I have the traits to transition to whatever position they need me in.”

12 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

For some reason I've always liked round 3 and 5 for o linemen.

In 2019 when our OL was considered one of the best in the NFL we started: Miller (1st) - Incognito (3rd) - Hudson (2nd) - Jackson (3rd) - Brown (7th). 

In 2016 when our OL was considered one of the best in the NFL we started: Penn (UDFA) - Osemele (2nd) - Hudson (2nd) - Jackson (3rd) - Howard (UDFA)

And over the last decade or so the OL that we've drafted that have been average to good starters have been Miller (1st), Jackson (3rd), Wisnewski (2nd), Veldheer (3rd). 

Edited by NYRaider

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's Micah Parsons who was the ring leader during Penn State's hazing scandal. 

OK cool thanks for the clarification. I'll take them in the third with injury concerns. I also like him the second depending on who else is there.

Edited by Jeremy408

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

OK cool thanks for the clarification. I'll take them in the third with injury concerns. I also like him the second depending on who else is there.

The OT class this year reminds me of the CB class last year. A few guys that are considered top tier and then a bunch of guys in a similar tier, so it will come down to team preference. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The OT class this year reminds me of the CB class last year. A few guys that are considered top tier and then a bunch of guys in a similar tier, so it will come down to team preference. 

Yea I definitely see that. My thing with drafting offensive players(Or really any of the decisions they make offensively) is I don't really worry too much about that due to the fact that it seems like on the offensive of the ball we know what we want to do(Which they've proven by being top 10 and 11 offense and the last two years).

For me what I was worried about these last couple of years has been who they draft on defense because up until Upcoming season it Seemed like they were getting players For Gunther who didn't really know what he wanted because he's never had to actually develop players before.

I think now from a defensive perspective no I'm still worried I'm not as worried because you know the type of players that Gus Bradley are consistant With what he's done in the past(In other words he has a type).

23 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think now from a defensive perspective no I'm still worried I'm not as worried because you know the type of players that Gus Bradley are consistant With what he's done in the past(In other words he has a type).

Guenther had a type but he was just piggy backing off of Mike Zimmer. He wanted to build a defense that was designed to stop the run first, use press man coverage, and use split safety looks. In Cincinnati he was just blessed to have inherited a very talented defense with guys like Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap, Michael Johnson, Vontaez Burfict, Reggie Nelson, etc. 

1 hour ago, Blazer026 said:

17. Caleb Farley CB 

Going CB in the first is interesting. We no doubt have a need but man oh man have we even sunk a lot of assets into the secondary over the past number of years. Farley seems like a potential all-pro, but his injury history is worrisome isn't it?

20 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Going CB in the first is interesting. We no doubt have a need but man oh man have we even sunk a lot of assets into the secondary over the past number of years. Farley seems like a potential all-pro, but his injury history is worrisome isn't it?

You are absolutely right, we have put so much into the secondary that it's discouraging we are even considering adding more.

I'm of the mindset that we should roll with the young DBs we have right now and see who sinks and swims. I'd play Mullen and Johnson on the outside with Arnette in the slot. Play Abram in the box where hopefully he can show improvement. We still would be missing a deep safety where I can see Moherig or Grant, but then wed be lacking experience.

A new coordinator and scheme should help, but if we really want to give the young secondary a chance, we need to add more assets to the dline. Easier said then done, I know, but until the team seriously addresses that issue we will never end the cycle of a bad secondary. 

You can never have enough pass rushers.

8 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

You are absolutely right, we have put so much into the secondary that it's discouraging we are even considering adding more.

I'm of the mindset that we should roll with the young DBs we have right now and see who sinks and swims. I'd play Mullen and Johnson on the outside with Arnette in the slot. Play Abram in the box where hopefully he can show improvement. We still would be missing a deep safety where I can see Moherig or Grant, but then wed be lacking experience.

A new coordinator and scheme should help, but if we really want to give the young secondary a chance, we need to add more assets to the dline. Easier said then done, I know, but until the team seriously addresses that issue we will never end the cycle of a bad secondary. 

You can never have enough pass rushers.

We have 43 DL.  We would need to get rid of some before adding more.

37 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Where are we going to find better.  That's the real question.  

Sure is, and I'm not 100% sure this front office can find them.

They had a opportunity last season to try and add Quinnen Williams (I would have traded a 1st), they passed on Burns and Allen for Cle, and this draft I bet they'll pass on a stud player for a player of need. 

There's some Dline pieces we can use in this draft. Whether we are smart or creative enough to add them to the team is up in the air.

1 hour ago, OldManWillis said:

Sure is, and I'm not 100% sure this front office can find them.

They had a opportunity last season to try and add Quinnen Williams (I would have traded a 1st), they passed on Burns and Allen for Cle, and this draft I bet they'll pass on a stud player for a player of need. 

There's some Dline pieces we can use in this draft. Whether we are smart or creative enough to add them to the team is up in the air.

Well we definitely need to add players at other positions.  But we'll see what happens.  Hopefully they add a great player.