What's your draft big board? 2021 edition!

RaidersAreOne

For me at 17 goes...

Worthy of the picks at 17 are... Tucker or Jenkins(Maybe Ojulari)

Steals are... Parsons Darrisaw Phillips or Surtain

Reaches are.... Paye, Newsome, Any safety, Oweh, 

Great players that don't really help us are.... JOK and Collins

With that being said I:

1. Consider Gus Bradley a competent defensive coordinator that actually knows what to do with what he asks for so whoever they draft on defense I'll be good with

2. Tom cable was right about Kolton Miller so I trust whichever lineman they choose at 17

Edited by Jeremy408

let's be real, Kwit is an average starting MLB. Littleton is good, morrow is fast but just alright. Our LB isn't a strength at the moment. our defense never plays fast, and a big reason is because of the LB. that isn't going stop me from drafting a LB. Average seems amazing with all the boo boo we been throwing out in the field. Give me a LB with good ceiling over a reach fora need. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

20 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

let's be real, Kwit is an average starting MLB. Littleton is good, morrow is fast but just alright. Our LB isn't a strength at the moment. our defense never plays fast, and a big reason is because of the LB. that isn't going stop me from drafting a LB. Average seems amazing with all the boo boo we been throwing out in the field. Give me a LB with good ceiling over a reach fora need. 

Actually I think the reason why our defense doesn't always play fast is because when you have too many plays you overthink. The calling card of the Seattle cover three is that it's so simple that it allows you to just go out there and play football.

My reason why I consider JOK a great player that doesnt help I like him as a player Is because the question is how much better is he the Nicholas Morrow(if he's better at all)? And then the other question we have to ask is do we want to waste a first round pick to find out? Thats my take.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

So many different opinions on the board this year. I don’t think I’ve ever known a year where there are so many prospects that cover the range of steals to reaches in people’s minds.

You have some who think the likes of Jenkins, Cosmi, Newsome, Barmore, Moehrig would be decent value at 17 and others who think they would be a reach.

There’s Paye, JOK and even Parsons who some are high on - others less so, but for totally different reasons.

Then you’ve got Phillips and Farley as the injury worries who very well could be there, the no oline cos we need defenders crowd (which I’m a committed member!). Just a tonne of wildly different opinion.

I wonder if some of it has to do with the opt outs, no combine etc. making it harder to both have greater clarity over top prospects - plus the fact that the media aren’t able to hype up the workout warriors which fans tend to rally around.

Whichever way you look at it there are gonna be some wild reactions in here on draft night! I can’t imagine there will be much consensus judging by the different lists, mocks and comments people keep putting out.

Should be fun!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, reddevil said:

So many different opinions on the board this year. I don’t think I’ve ever known a year where there are so many prospects that cover the range of steals to reaches in people’s minds.

You have some who think the likes of Jenkins, Cosmi, Newsome, Barmore, Moehrig would be decent value at 17 and others who think they would be a reach.

There’s Paye, JOK and even Parsons who some are high on - others less so, but for totally different reasons.

Then you’ve got Phillips and Farley as the injury worries who very well could be there, the no oline cos we need defenders crowd (which I’m a committed member!). Just a tonne of wildly different opinion.

I wonder if some of it has to do with the opt outs, no combine etc. making it harder to both have greater clarity over top prospects - plus the fact that the media aren’t able to hype up the workout warriors which fans tend to rally around.

Whichever way you look at it there are gonna be some wild reactions in here on draft night! I can’t imagine there will be much consensus judging by the different lists, mocks and comments people keep putting out.

Should be fun!

I think it's the combination of no combine(So a lot of the 40s are based off of hand times) opt out(Which is causing more tape scrutiny for certain players) And then because the lack of OTA's there's the whole viewing player a based on their projection at the next level vs. viewing them based on where at what position they play now.

47 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Actually I think the reason why our defense doesn't always play fast is because when you have too many plays you overthink. The calling card of the Seattle cover three is that it's so simple that it allows you to just go out there and play football.

My reason why I consider JOK a great player that doesnt help I like him as a player Is because the question is how much better is he the Nicholas Morrow(if he's better at all)? And then the other question we have to ask is do we want to waste a first round pick to find out? Thats my take.

Theres a possibility our defenders will look better in a different scheme. I haven't gave up on alot of our youth, unlike alot of this board. I don't see Morrow as a core player on defense. He was an after thought in free agency, no team offered him good money on the market. I'm higher on other players on defense than Morrow, who is okay player. I think there is a big gap between JOK and Morrow. JOK and Littleton gives our LB unit an identity for once. just my 2 cents 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reddevil said:

Should be fun!

Jenkins slots in as a day 1 starter on our OL.  Very few players at 17 will be able to slot in on day one as respectable starters.  Parsons probably won't make it to 17.  JOK will take time to develop into his role IMO.  I really think this is an overall weak DL class and hope we avoid drafting a DL in the first three rounds.  I don't want an OL that has played their entire career at LT to have to switch over to RT because it may take them time to adjust or they may not be able to do it as well as we'd like.  

Look, Tevin Jenkins no matter what.  I hope we trade down to 19-20 and scoop up a third.  I know people are saying 17 is too high for him but I keep seeing him slotted to teams in the early 20s.  I think if we trade into the 25-32 range then he'll probably be gone by then.  

Lastly, Tevin Jenkins no matter what.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Theres a possibility our defenders will look better in a different scheme. I haven't gave up on alot of our youth, unlike alot of this board. I don't see Morrow as a core player on defense. He was an after thought in free agency, no team offered him good money on the market. I'm higher on other players on defense than Morrow, who is okay player. I think there is a big gap between JOK and Morrow. JOK and Littleton gives our LB unit an identity for once. just my 2 cents 

Hey I respect it. But some things to consider:

1. Ron Rivera (who is one of the best linebacker coaches probably ever and one of the best defense of minds in the NFL) wanted Morrow.

2. I heard what made Morrow come back to the Raiders was that Gus Bradley (who had been watching film on him since he had gotten hired) said he was the perfect fit for his scheme and showed him exactly how he was going to use him. 

Edited by Jeremy408

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Hey I respect it. But some things to consider:

1. Ron Rivera (who is one of the best linebacker coaches probably ever and one of the best defense of minds in the NFL) wanted Morrow.

2. I heard what made Morrow come back to the Raiders was that Gus Bradley (who had been watching film on him since he had gotten hired) said he was the perfect fit for his scheme and showed him exactly how he was going to use him. 

Maybe... too bad Morrow couldn't play SLB. JOK could be a star at the next level, hard to pass that up. 

The “Day 1 starter” mindset is what lead us to overdraft Arnette.  

while there is value in a prospect who can start right away, outside of the very top prospects there are no GUARANTEED day 1 starters.  And even if the player does start, is he really playing better then the other option or is he starting because he’s a top draft pick?

• Like 1

I’m one of Morrow’s biggest supporters around but JOK  is two levels above Morrow.  

Morrow is only under contract for 1 year and could very easily be gone next year.  While I think he would want to stay here if money was comparable, If he plays very well he could get an offer we can’t match or come close to.  The reality is Morrow is a replacement level starter and not a corner stone of this defense.

But having Morrow does make me question if drafting JOK... assuming other top options are available too, Is worth it.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

The “Day 1 starter” mindset is what lead us to overdraft Arnette.  

while there is value in a prospect who can start right away, outside of the very top prospects there are no GUARANTEED day 1 starters.  And even if the player does start, is he really playing better then the other option or is he starting because he’s a top draft pick?

Exactly. End up drafting a low ceiling player and for what? The team is not going to the Superbowl anytime soon. I'd rather swing at a high ceiling player who can be a difference maker.

Why I don't like the safe Olin pick at 17 unless it's Darrisaw who fell. Taking a Jenkins level player at 17 when there is surely to be a potential star defensive talent will be so deflating once again.

17 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I don't agree with you at all, I think you're putting terrible DT play on him. He was never clean other teams were pushing the DT in his face.