Vikings release Dan Bailey

47 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

Since what? It really hasn't been that bad with kickers. There are good years and bad years, like every other position.

It was more of a Gary Anderson joke.  We did have some kicker stability with Ryan Longwell.

45 minutes ago, RpMc said:

It was more of a Gary Anderson joke.  We did have some kicker stability with Ryan Longwell.

Even Blair Walsh provided stability until that fateful day in January. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Even Blair Walsh provided stability until that fateful day in January. 

The funny thing about the Anderson/Walsh kicks is that if they had made them, they probably wouldn't have been considered particularly clutch.  Anderson's was to go up 10 and Walsh's was so short. Kai Forbath made a pretty clutch kick in 2017 that gets completely forgotten because so much happened in the one minute 29 seconds after it.

Edited by Worm Guts
39 minutes ago, Jesse James said:

Didn't Bailey start missing kicks after we cut our long snapper?

Bailey had his worst game two weeks after they released Cutting, his 3rd game with the new long snapper. But Bailey was missing kicks before that too. 

27 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

As long as we find a holder

I wish we'd go back to the days of the backup QB holding.  It at least provides more of a threat of a fake.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, swede700 said:

I wish we'd go back to the days of the backup QB holding.  It at least provides more of a threat of a fake.  

Apparently coaches don't like the threat of their holder going rogue and faking when their could have been an alternative.  I am with you though, I liked the threat being there. I get that backup QBs have other things to work on and practice time isn't what it was. Developing QB skills is probably a better use of the limited practice time.

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

Apparently coaches don't like the threat of their holder going rogue and faking when their could have been an alternative.  I am with you though, I liked the threat being there. I get that backup QBs have other things to work on and practice time isn't what it was. Developing QB skills is probably a better use of the limited practice time.

Bud Grant used a QB for a holder until one broke his arm. after that he had a DB do the job because he knew they could play with a cast if necessary.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, swede700 said:

The last QB to do that for us was Brad Johnson I think.

Man, those were the days!!😂