CB Malcolm Butler released

ttitansfan4life

I'm not shocked at all. Predicted this multiple times in my mock off season. Yes he is the best CB on the team, yes he was the lone bright spot on defense last year but he is 31, will be declining in athleticism, and not great in man coverage. 

This is going to be a tough off season guys. So many teams are over budget that you are going to see good talent leave teams and free agents signing cheap 1 year deals. This is not the year we go window shopping for each new free agent that hits the market

10 minutes ago, TJM217 said:

So many teams are over budget that you are going to see good talent leave teams and free agents signing cheap 1 year deals. This is not the year we go window shopping for each new free agent that hits the market

Some might take that approach, but its also harder to hide cap hits on a 1 year deal.

I think you'll see players taking contracts with more guaranteed money pushed down the line. The approach for teams would be to take a smaller cap hit this year, and push cap to future years when the new TV deals take effect. (The Dak contract is a perfect example).

I think that's why you may even see a restructure on a guy like RT, only 1 year in to his contract. Push cap hits to the future, make room right now. 

• Like 1