Free Agency

Johnny Nix

Those guys are left tackles and the team's position is that Jonah is their guy at that spot.  So I'd be surprised if Bengals are negotiating with any of those guys. We need LG, RG, and RT. It's a good draft for tackles so they could well defer or go for a trade. I'd rather trade for Havenstein or Ramczyk than sign Reiff or Okung or Villanueva.  We could also start with the spot in the middle, RG, where there is a great option available, Larry Warford. He played at UK, won't be hugely expensive, and is a pretty good player, certainly better than anyone currently on the roster. He sat out last season but was a probowler in 2017, 2018, and 2019 and is not yet 30.

I think at this point in his career, Villanueva would be open to playing RT.  This is his last big deal at age 32.  Reiff actually did play a season at RT already back in 2016.

I'd be looking at one of those tackles AND going after Warford.  They can easily do both by cutting Hart and Geno.

41 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Those guys are left tackles and the team's position is that Jonah is their guy at that spot.  So I'd be surprised if Bengals are negotiating with any of those guys. We need LG, RG, and RT. It's a good draft for tackles so they could well defer or go for a trade. I'd rather trade for Havenstein or Ramczyk than sign Reiff or Okung or Villanueva.  We could also start with the spot in the middle, RG, where there is a great option available, Larry Warford. He played at UK, won't be hugely expensive, and is a pretty good player, certainly better than anyone currently on the roster. He sat out last season but was a probowler in 2017, 2018, and 2019 and is not yet 30.

If the money is right, they'll play RT.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

If the money is right, they'll play RT.

But we can get better players like Havenstein who costs 8.3 and 8.8 for the next 2 years. He's a much better option than fitting a LT in there.

1 hour ago, Johnny Nix said:

AJ Green to the cards 😞

Seems to indicate Larry Fitzgerald isn't coming back. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

He'll want big bucks that can be better spent on the O-line. We could probably get Josh Reynolds for a third of what Golladay gets.

The rest of what's out there shouldn't command big dollars. They should be able to do both. 

Sounds like Reif is also in the cross hairs. 

Bengals have signed former Browns DT Larry Ogunjobi. He's not as good as Geno in his prime but better than Mike Daniels or the corpse of Geno. This solidifies our D-line next to Reader. 

We also re-signed WR Mike Thomas. I'm a little surprised by this after the Dolphins game.

Edited by sparky151

2 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Bengals have signed former Browns DT Larry Ogunjobi. He's not as good as Geno in his prime but better than Mike Daniels or the corpse of Geno. This solidifies our D-line next to Reader. 

We also re-signed WR Mike Thomas. I'm a little surprised by this after the Dolphins game.

They need a lot of roster depth, so bringing back Thomas isn't surprising to me at all.

Signing Ogunjobi was a good move.

Was reading about how the Browns misplayed him as a NT and that he could be a breakout candidate getting to play as a 3 tech next to a presence like Reader.  Kind of wish it was a 2 year deal now, but I bet it was Ogunjobi who wanted the 1 year deal and try to hit FA next year with a better profile.

9 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Was reading about how the Browns misplayed him as a NT and that he could be a breakout candidate getting to play as a 3 tech next to a presence like Reader.  Kind of wish it was a 2 year deal now, but I bet it was Ogunjobi who wanted the 1 year deal and try to hit FA next year with a better profile.

Yeah i'd bet on the same thing.  We'll see how he does.