Russell Wilson?

dll2000

Someone change the question mark to an exclamation point if it happens.  

http://seahawksdraftblog.com

Why a thread you ask? We already talk about it in other threads.  Because I think this actually has a 40+% chance of happening at this point largely agreeing with points expressed in above blog. 

This would be largest trade in Bears history.  Bigger than Cutler trade.  

And it would be made by a GM and Coach that arguably should have been fired in offseason.   And in a down cap year following a very unique year in our entire nations history that will have ramifications for decades to come .    

Deserves its own thread.  Even if it doesn’t happen or he goes elsewhere.   

Plus, to be honest I don’t personally like long giant threads.   I like shorter more focused ones where I can easily find comments of others I want to revisit.   Soul man used to agree with me here, but one of you got in a little spat with him and or someone moderated him or something and he got mad and left.  Not really sure what happened.

This would be a good thread to discuss ramifications of what Bears would have to give up for Wilson;

What he would bring to table despite those ramifications;

What it means for Nagy/Pace future;

What it means for Bears 2021 season hopes and record.    

Edited by dll2000

10 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

But we already have a QB acquisition thread we are talking about Wilson in, goober

He wants a conversation to focus solely on Wilson, though. And not even dwell much on what it would take to get him. That's reasonable, I'd say.

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Because I think this actually has a 40+% chance of happening at this point largely agreeing with points expressed in above blog. 

The Seahawks not mentioning Wilson in the season ticket holder letter is a clear indication that the organization believes there is at least a fair chance Wilson is traded. Wilson's agent going public with the four teams is kind of a big deal, too. I saw a mock earlier that had him going to the Jets. I doubt that happens, and it would be kind of a stupid move on the Jets' part.

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Well...it depends on how Pace drafts, really. He going to have to do a much better job than he did last year. It would be nice if he could create enough cap space to add another difference maker--on offense. And we really need a young QB that can be groomed to be a decent #2. 

None of that is out of the question. Pace's last draft was his first that I really disliked, so he can certainly turn things around this time. A lot of things hinge on whether he's able to keep the second round pick. But, again, it's certainly not impossible that he could acquire Wilson and also improve the team in other areas. 

If that happens? Wow. They went 8-8 and made the playoffs with, for the most part, a ****show at the QB position. It would be hard to not be optimistic for 2021 if all those changes were made. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

He wants a conversation to focus solely on Wilson, though. And not even dwell much on what it would take to get him. That's reasonable, I'd say.

The Seahawks not mentioning Wilson in the season ticket holder letter is a clear indication that the organization believes there is at least a fair chance Wilson is traded. Wilson's agent going public with the four teams is kind of a big deal, too. I saw a mock earlier that had him going to the Jets. I doubt that happens, and it would be kind of a stupid move on the Jets' part.

Well...it depends on how Pace drafts, really. He going to have to do a much better job than he did last year. It would be nice if he could create enough cap space to add another difference maker--on offense. And we really need a young QB that can be groomed to be a decent #2. 

None of that is out of the question. Pace's last draft was his first that I really disliked, so he can certainly turn things around this time. A lot of things hinge on whether he's able to keep the second round pick. But, again, it's certainly not impossible that he could acquire Wilson and also improve the team in other areas. 

If that happens? Wow. They went 8-8 and made the playoffs with, for the most part, a ****show at the QB position. It would be hard to not be optimistic for 2021 if all those changes were made. 

So 60/40 that it happens then?  :D

(I feel like I can say that now that I'm a Jags fan.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

25 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

So 60/40 that it happens then?  :D

(I feel like I can say that now that I'm a Jags fan.)

Michael Silver who has a track record of inside info with Seahawks as mentioned in link above says that Seahawks are in talks with Bears and the other teams on RW list.

Doesn't mean a trade will happen or if it does it will be with Bears.

But I think Bears would be clubhouse leaders because mult. media reports say they are putting out biggest offers for Wilson and Watson to date.

I think Watson have very little chance of coming to Bears as neither he nor Texans are interested in Chicago, but seems to be a lot of smoke and fire on Wilson.   Both Wilson and Seahawks seem to be inclined to move on if need be and willing to take best offer.  

40% is obviously an arbitrary figure, but it just me saying that the chance oF RW being a Bear is realistic at this point.   Just like Mack trade was kind of low chance thing then all of sudden gained momentum to reality.

Not sure if I would agree with a Wilson trade, but it certainly gives Pace and Nagy a life line - and they definitely want to extend their time with Bears.  

A rookie will in all likelihood have an awful season and can't think of any other veterans outside of Watson and Wilson that would truly be a difference maker for Bears in year one - which is what Nagy/Pace need to be back.

• Like 1

One thing you have to say about Bears in recent years.   They haven't been cheap as to players.

They are willing to pay cap games and pay players.

I think they did go a little cheap in not wanting to fire Nagy/Pace.  I think they also like those guys on a deeply personal level and want to find a reason to keep them around.

• Like 1

Look, if RW signs with Bears its getting its own thread that will go 100s of pages.  

I was just preemptively making one in case it happens.  

Why I said we can change ? to !!! if and when it does.  

Actually knowing this sub-forum a new one will probably be started and this one then locked.  But that was plan in my head anyway.

13 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

One thing you have to say about Bears in recent years.   They haven't been cheap as to players.

They are willing to pay cap games and pay players.

I think they did go a little cheap in not wanting to fire Nagy/Pace.  I think they also like those guys on a deeply personal level and want to find a reason to keep them around.

If they do acquire RW I will be sure to cuck you and get this locked

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Someone change the question mark to an exclamation point if it happens.  

http://seahawksdraftblog.com

Why a thread you ask? We already talk about it in other threads.  Because I think this actually has a 40+% chance of happening at this point largely agreeing with points expressed in above blog. 

I'll take the 40% chance. That's 40% higher than I would have guessed at the end of the season. 

This would be largest trade in Bears history.  Bigger than Cutler trade.  

Agree 100%. Cutler has a boatload of physical talent but was still a mystery for his ceiling. Wilson is an elite QB and anyone who questions that should be subject to a not-so-random drug test. 

And it would be made by a GM and Coach that arguably should have been fired in offseason.   And in a down cap year following a very unique year in our entire nations history that will have ramifications for decades to come.   

Deserves its own thread.  Even if it doesn’t happen or he goes elsewhere.   

Plus, to be honest I don’t personally like long giant threads.   I like shorter more focused ones where I can easily find comments of others I want to revisit.   Soul man used to agree with me here, but one of you got in a little spat with him and or someone moderated him or something and he got mad and left.  Not really sure what happened.

To be honest I think it would offer Pace more time potentially if the offense was mediocre but the team won well enough due to defense. Nagy could still be cut and I would want Wilson heavily involved in that decision (and the new HC search too).

This would be a good thread to discuss ramifications of what Bears would have to give up for Wilson;

Ramifications means an unmanly squeal from me and trying to pre-order his jersey for me, the wife, my brother and kid ones to frame and hang in the kids' rooms. 

What he would bring to table despite those ramifications;

The best offensive weapon the Bears have had since Payton and the GOAT for the franchise at the position. 

What it means for Nagy/Pace future;

Pace might get an extension if the team doesnt fall apart but if the defense props Nagy due to his failing system then he gets cut. If your offense blows with Wilson then GTFO. I dont care how much your players like you. Produce or go away. 

Meatheads will say Super Bowl or bust. We will expect an offensive boost but the roster around him will be critical. We at min are expecting for 2nd in the division and a postseason appearance. Chicago would push GB seriously for the NFC North. Unlike in 2020, the "anything can happen" mantra isnt nonsensical with our team. We actually have a talent that can catch fire without bullying bad defenses. 

The next few offseasons will undoubtedly be putting priority on OL since hes had the hell beat out of him in SEA. 

Bears potential 2021 Offensive SL:

ARob or Golladay                           Leno     Daniels     Mustipher  Whitehair  Ifedi or Bars    Kmet                     Mooney

Miller/Ridley/Rookie                                 R. Wilson

Montgomery

Bears likely need to cut Graham in cost saving move if they bring in Wilson.  

An upgrade over Leno to even an average player with above group I think would be key .   

They have to stay really healthy too.   

You instantly get a lot worse with any missed time to injury to QB1, W1, or W2.  

Bears without Robinson lack a primary WR.  

Bears without Mooney lack any explosion and separation.   

Bears without Wilson suck at QB (as it stands).

Edited by dll2000

4 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'll take the 40% chance. That's 40% higher than I would have guessed at the end of the season. 

Agree 100%. Cutler has a boatload of physical talent but was still a mystery for his ceiling. Wilson is an elite QB and anyone who questions that should be subject to a not-so-random drug test. 

To be honest I think it would offer Pace more time potentially if the offense was mediocre but the team won well enough due to defense. Nagy could still be cut and I would want Wilson heavily involved in that decision (and the new HC search too).

Ramifications means an unmanly squeal from me and trying to pre-order his jersey for me, the wife, my brother and kid ones to frame and hang in the kids' rooms. 

The best offensive weapon the Bears have had since Payton and the GOAT for the franchise at the position. 

Pace might get an extension if the team doesnt fall apart but if the defense props Nagy due to his failing system then he gets cut. If your offense blows with Wilson then GTFO. I dont care how much your players like you. Produce or go away. 

Meatheads will say Super Bowl or bust. We will expect an offensive boost but the roster around him will be critical. We at min are expecting for 2nd in the division and a postseason appearance. Chicago would push GB seriously for the NFC North. Unlike in 2020, the "anything can happen" mantra isnt nonsensical with our team. We actually have a talent that can catch fire without bullying bad defenses. 

The next few offseasons will undoubtedly be putting priority on OL since hes had the hell beat out of him in SEA. 

For Bears to be a SB team even with Wilson they need to:

1) Get better at LT

2)  Stay healthy at key positions mainly QB, WR and CB.

3)  Retain Fuller and probably Hicks.

4)  Get peak and impactful play from Mack, Jackson, and Quinn.   

5) Other top teams need injuries and/or discord to pave way.

6) Refs have to call offensive holding and allow hard hits without penalty as Bears are still built through defense.