Russell Wilson?

dll2000

20 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

I can understand the want to have a great QB regardless of what else happens. And I think the Bears' best chance is most likely with Wilson rather than without him.

But I worry about what happens if you acquire him and it's not enough to put the team over the top.

This is what I'm saying.  If we trade for Wilson(or Watson, or trade into the top 10, even 5 for a QB) we're giving up a lot of draft capital to get the QB, which means we won't have much to put a team around him.  Also, we're not a QB away from competing for the division.  Besides QB, we have needs at LT, RT, WR and safety, plus depth pretty much everywhere else.  Wilson is a great QB, and I'll support the team whatever we do, even if I don't like it(I didn't like it when we initially traded for Cutler)  IMO trading for a QB is almost like putting all our eggs in one basket.  Personally, I'd rather stay at 20 and take the best offensive player, same with rounds 2 and 3. 

51 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

This is what I'm saying.  If we trade for Wilson(or Watson, or trade into the top 10, even 5 for a QB) we're giving up a lot of draft capital to get the QB, which means we won't have much to put a team around him.  Also, we're not a QB away from competing for the division.  Besides QB, we have needs at LT, RT, WR and safety, plus depth pretty much everywhere else.  Wilson is a great QB, and I'll support the team whatever we do, even if I don't like it(I didn't like it when we initially traded for Cutler)  IMO trading for a QB is almost like putting all our eggs in one basket.  Personally, I'd rather stay at 20 and take the best offensive player, same with rounds 2 and 3. 

That’s if we add Russ AND lose Mack and more from the defense. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

I kind of disagree we’re only a QB away from competing for a championship. Yes, the organization would be giving up a lot to get either Wilson or Watson but both are proven QB’s to add with this win now defense. They already franchised ARob, they have good receivers behind him, a good 1-2 RB in DM and TC, line needs work, ST is ok. This would be a great move. BS with draft capital, hit or miss. This team is built for 1 year only, effing do it now. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I figure I need to step away from this hype and histeria garbage and chill until they do something. It is what it is, the desperation is very real and a lot of fans won´t like the outcome. But if you can get as an example 1 or 2 SB wins from a 6-7 window with WIlson at QB it will have been well worth it.

Edited by malagabears

8 hours ago, BP42 said:

I kind of disagree we’re only a QB away from competing for a championship. Yes, the organization would be giving up a lot to get either Wilson or Watson but both are proven QB’s to add with this win now defense. They already franchised ARob, they have good receivers behind him, a good 1-2 RB in DM and TC, line needs work, ST is ok. This would be a great move. BS with draft capital, hit or miss. This team is built for 1 year only, effing do it now. 

Yeah, exactly. No team is perfect. Seattle had some holes when they won. No team is perfect. If this wS baseball Wilson would be a 2-3 WAR player. This team was a QB away from winning a playoff game last year, if not more as their seed would've been better. 

I remember the exact place I was at and moment when we traded for Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall. BMarsh was especially exciting because he was easily my favorite WR in the league at that point and thought it was a pipe dream to reunite him and cutler. I figure it’ll be the same if we trade for Wilson. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I remember the exact place I was at and moment when we traded for Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall. BMarsh was especially exciting because he was easily my favorite WR in the league at that point and thought it was a pipe dream to reunite him and cutler. I figure it’ll be the same if we trade for Wilson. 

I remember those as well, same with when they drafted Tayo Fabuluje & traded for Mack 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Rappaport just said it looks like the deal isn't happening...

Until Seattle comes out and says “We are not dealing Wilson” the rumor will persist. These rumors have been hot for days. Woulda took just one 5-second comment from Schneider to squash it.

That said, Pace is gonna look so bad if the deal doesn’t get done at this point given the amount of run it’s gotten everywhere, which probably isn’t even fair to him. To go from a week or more of “Wilson may be a Bear” to “The Bears have acquired Gardner Minshew for a 2021 5th rounder and a conditional 2022 pick” is gonna be soul-crushing. 

• Like 1