Russell Wilson?

dll2000

According to Dan Patrick on "The Dan Patrick Show", Chicago offered Seattle a trade package that included three first-round picks, one third-round pick and two starters. 

Bears probably would have went higher in a counter offer.

I would have done it.  Because I always take the other side of a monster player trade.   Because they almost always work out in favor of the non-player side team unless team totally screws it up.

Seattle can't take any high contracts because of dead cap hit of Wilson.   So take the young talent with years left.

I probably take the 3 1's and 3rd plus JJ, Mooney and Kmet.    That was a good draft class and will be cheap for years to come.

But I don't like to deal with malcontents.  Football is very much an everybody must be pulling on same rope game.  

Make a minor Trade for Darnold or Minshew as your QB and load the team.   

Dolphins had top 2 or 3 QB in football for years and never won a SB.   Lots of teams have won it with a loaded team plus a just okay QB.

Not just one formula.

19 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Make a minor Trade for Darnold or Minshew as your QB and load the team.   

It will be interesting to see what Pace does next. Getting Dalton sure makes it seem like he's looking to draft a guy. I was all in favor of a move for Darnold or Minshew--Pace should have went that route first, probably. 

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

It will be interesting to see what Pace does next. Getting Dalton sure makes it seem like he's looking to draft a guy. I was all in favor of a move for Darnold or Minshew--Pace should have went that route first, probably. 

A lot of people in media are saying he is going after Darnold or Minshew still.

That means he thinks he can deal Foles.   

Keeping 3 vet QBs or even 2 and a rookie makes zero sense.   I make fun of Pace, but he is not a total moron.  He isn't doing that.

It is either Dalton or Foles or Dalton and someone else and Foles is heading elsewhere.

If he can't deal Foles and wants another QB than the Dalton deal was indeed moronic.   He just hurt his cap for no good reason.  

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

A lot of people in media are saying he is going after Darnold or Minshew still.

That means he thinks he can deal Foles.   

Keeping 3 vet QBs or even 2 and a rookie makes zero sense.   I make fun of Pace, but he is not a total moron.  He isn't doing that.

It is either Dalton or Foles or Dalton and someone else and Foles is heading elsewhere.

If he can't deal Foles and wants another QB than the Dalton deal was indeed moronic.   He just hurt his cap for no good reason.  

I do think Pace knows he can deal Foles. If not, there's always the possibility Pace will just cut him. I believe it's only a $3 million cap hit, Pace can easily work around that. Getting Darnold or Minshew does make you wonder if Pace would intend for there to be a camp battle, or if they'd be a backup to Dalton. As it should be the other way around. 

• Like 1

How many teams ride their franchise QB to title contention for nearly every year or a decade plus?

Everybody wants to be the Brady Patriots and almost nobody actually does it.

Even Green Bay and New Orleans haven't been legit title contenders many years.   

New Orleans got back in grove with a home run draft class after years of being not that good.

Seattle really hasn't been great for a full season since legion of boom dispersed.  

Andrew Luck never had a legit title contender.  And so on.

Basically Peyton Manning and Tom Brady and more recently Mahomes are only ones in modern era.   Before them Montana.

Before that it was Bradshaw, but he was just a guy to be honest.  The rest of team and coaching carried them.  

Don't get me wrong, I think it is easier to build around a QB than constantly trying to find one.

Just saying everyone is trying to do same thing and only 2 - 4 of 32 teams are actually doing it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I just saw a report on NBC that the two players offered were Mack and Hicks.

Makes sense given the $$$ that would be moving. Can see why Seattle said no, though, given that they are likely approaching their own rebuild and a Wilson-less Hawks team doesn't make the Super Bowl with Mack and Hicks.

I think it does say a lot about the direction that this franchise is heading, though. Unfortunately, it also suggests that Pace and Nagy have more job security than we think.

This was funny from PFF:

The lone blueprint was real simple: Convince the league’s oldest head coach, Pete Carroll, to trade away one of the best quarterbacks in the league in Russell Wilson, take on the largest dead cap charge in NFL history at $39 million and enter a complete rebuild heading into his age-70 season.

• Like 1