Russell Wilson?

dll2000

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Bears potential 2021 Offensive SL:

ARob or Golladay                           Leno     Daniels     Mustipher  Whitehair  Ifedi or Bars    Kmet                     Mooney

Miller/Ridley/Rookie                                 R. Wilson

Montgomery

Bears likely need to cut Graham in cost saving move if they bring in Wilson.  

An upgrade over Leno to even an average player with above group I think would be key .   

They have to stay really healthy too.   

You instantly get a lot worse with any missed time to injury to QB1, W1, or W2.  

Bears without Robinson lack a primary WR.  

Bears without Mooney lack any explosion and separation.   

Bears without Wilson suck at QB (as it stands).

I wouldnt even be opposed to moving Ifedi to RT and delegating another OL to a blocking TE to help Leno or a cheap replacement. Hell put Bars in that role, hes a fairly athletic OL and better than Coward. 

Kmet clearly would be the starter but if we need to play bully ball then he can kick out wide while the big guy helps the OT. Could help a lot when we face a great EDGE too. Dont even play around, move the big boy in motion to whatever side that EDGE is on. We had Leno and Massie one on one with the best EDGE too much the last 2 years. 

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

For Bears to be a SB team even with Wilson they need to:

1) Get better at LT

2)  Stay healthy at key positions mainly QB, WR and CB.

3)  Retain Fuller and probably Hicks.

4)  Get peak and impactful play from Mack, Jackson, and Quinn.   

5) Other top teams need injuries and/or discord to pave way.

6) Refs have to call offensive holding and allow hard hits without penalty as Bears are still built through defense.  

Well for anyone to win the SB most of those things need to happen. Not many teams have the Bucs' talent outside or win with the back up like PHI did. Those are abnormalities. GB lost their LT and it completely derailed them, and their offense is way more talented than anything the Bears have. 

We would essentially be running a team much like the Seahawks did in their deep runs and win and what NYG did when they made their wins. 

Realistically we're looking at competing with anyone in the playoffs, but we aren't remotely going to be favorites even with Wilson.

Still a massive upgrade from what the Bears have been since the 80s. 

Just now, Sugashane said:

I wouldnt even be opposed to moving Ifedi to RT and delegating another OL to a blocking TE to help Leno or a cheap replacement. Hell put Bars in that role, hes a fairly athletic OL and better than Coward. 

Kmet clearly would be the starter but if we need to play bully ball then he can kick out wide while the big guy helps the OT. Could help a lot when we face a great EDGE too. Dont even play around, move the big boy in motion to whatever side that EDGE is on. We had Leno and Massie one on one with the best EDGE too much the last 2 years. 

The extra OL doesn't work often except inside the 10.

Remember when you sub in NFL defense is allowed to sub too to match up.

Why GB runs offense it does.   It can be power or finesse with same line up and keep your guys on field and getting tired.  Every college and NFL team wants to sub out D linemen regularly to keep them fresh and pursuing sideline to sideline.  Started in early 90s.   

Then when you try to sub they quick snap it and get free 5 yards and often a free play.   I don't get why Rodgers is only QB that does do that.  Everyone should do it whenever they can.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Well for anyone to win the SB most of those things need to happen. Not many teams have the Bucs' talent outside or win with the back up like PHI did. Those are abnormalities. GB lost their LT and it completely derailed them, and their offense is way more talented than anything the Bears have. 

We would essentially be running a team much like the Seahawks did in their deep runs and win and what NYG did when they made their wins. 

Realistically we're looking at competing with anyone in the playoffs, but we aren't remotely going to be favorites even with Wilson.

Still a massive upgrade from what the Bears have been since the 80s. 

Yes everyone needs luck.   But thinner you are, more luck you need.   Bears are really thin.  

37 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Bears potential 2021 Offensive SL:

ARob or Golladay                           Leno     Daniels     Mustipher  Whitehair  Ifedi or Bars    Kmet                     Mooney

Miller/Ridley/Rookie                                 R. Wilson

Montgomery

Bears likely need to cut Graham in cost saving move if they bring in Wilson.  

An upgrade over Leno to even an average player with above group I think would be key .   

They have to stay really healthy too.   

You instantly get a lot worse with any missed time to injury to QB1, W1, or W2.  

Bears without Robinson lack a primary WR.  

Bears without Mooney lack any explosion and separation.   

Bears without Wilson suck at QB (as it stands).

Why on Earth would you move Whitehair away from LG. 

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Why on Earth would you move Whitehair away from LG. 

Because Daniels always plays LG when he is healthy.

But I don't have strong feelings on it.   I will say Whitehair is far better at G than C and makes the OL much better playing G.   Not sure what took Bears so long to realize that.   Again I blame this on way they practice and how HC doesn't seem to pay attention to results of live reps.  

He (WH) should be an emergency C only.  

• Like 1

Cowboys going to town creating cap space.

I can't believe I stressed about cap so many years.   It really is mostly a myth.  The future years means you can do whatever to create space whenever you really want to.  

I bet most Teams simply have an internal budget mandate they give their GM.    Obviously you can't spend anything you want.   You have to stay within team specific profit margins. There are limits, even for Cowboys who make a ton on side that they alone get to keep.      

They likely  average it over 3 years probably and do what they want within those parameters.   Sometimes it changes when an owner wants it to.

That's it.  

I feel like RW to the Bears is more likely than not at this point...

Pace and Nagy are desperate, I don't think a rookie can save their jobs, and for all the Watson talk out there (or rumors that Bears would even prefer Watson, via age), it would also look incredibly damning to Ryan Pace if he has to give up significant resources to go out and get watson, after giving up resources to NOT draft him back when we picked Trubisky.

Wilson should be cheaper than Watson (meaning we wouldn't be completely screwed on draft picks), doesn't constantly highlight Pace's failures in that QB draft like Watson would, and is as good (and has expressed interest in coming here). Pace and Nagy's desperation probably gets this done, so long as Seattle is remotely reasonable in their demands.

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Because Daniels always plays LG when he is healthy.

But I don't have strong feelings on it.   I will say Whitehair is far better at G than C and makes the OL much better playing G.   Not sure what took Bears so long to realize that.   Again I blame this on way they practice and how HC doesn't seem to pay attention to results of live reps.  

He (WH) should be an emergency C only.  

He did last season, but Whitehair was better at that position. Keep him there.

Ok, i thought about a wild trade today. something like this would never happen in the nfl, because i don't 3-team trades. i also don't know how this would affect cap space. THIS IS FOR FUN AND DISCUSSION

Bears trade Arob and 2021 3rd round draft pick to NYJ for Darnold, 2021 2nd round pick and 2021 5th round pick

Bears then trade Darnold, 2021 1st and 2nd round pick, and 2022 1st round pick to Seattle for Russell Wilson

Seattle gets 2 firsts, a 2nd, and young QB to replace Wilson with and see what they have. NYJ get a #1 WR to pair with their new QB - and have the cap space to give him a new contract. Bears get Wilson and 2nd that can be used for a OT or WR, depending on FA.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ty21 said:

J8G4toJ.gif

funny-gif-Panda-Mascot-basketball-ball.g

^^^

The first time I see you, this will be what happens. Cbears, it is premeditated. 

12 hours ago, dll2000 said:

princess bride Theatre & Musicals GIF

I don't think you guys want to watch me have sex and I for sure don't want to watch you.

Ah... I see you didnt say you didnt want to watch us watch you...

Kinda creepy, guy.