Russell Wilson?

dll2000

14 hours ago, Epyon said:

I feel like RW to the Bears is more likely than not at this point...

Pace and Nagy are desperate, I don't think a rookie can save their jobs, and for all the Watson talk out there (or rumors that Bears would even prefer Watson, via age), it would also look incredibly damning to Ryan Pace if he has to give up significant resources to go out and get watson, after giving up resources to NOT draft him back when we picked Trubisky.

Wilson should be cheaper than Watson (meaning we wouldn't be completely screwed on draft picks), doesn't constantly highlight Pace's failures in that QB draft like Watson would, and is as good (and has expressed interest in coming here). Pace and Nagy's desperation probably gets this done, so long as Seattle is remotely reasonable in their demands.

Agreed.  

19 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Not sure if I would agree with a Wilson trade, but it certainly gives Pace and Nagy a life line - and they definitely want to extend their time with Bears.  

Hmmm. Really? Why not? 🤔

17 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Bears likely need to cut Graham in cost saving move if they bring in Wilson.  

Current scuttlebutt is that they're re-working his deal. I suppose (?) that's reasonable. May also be a good indication that Wilson is actually coming.

16 hours ago, dll2000 said:

For Bears to be a SB team even with Wilson they need to:

1) Get better at LT

They need to sign Rieff. Like, yesterday.

5 hours ago, malagabears said:

Not the place or topic I know but can we try getting Soulman back? He really adds good content & perspective.

I PMed him a long time ago, haven't tried since. He mostly likely doesn't have them send notifications to his e-mail any more (if he ever did). 

I can certainly try again. I suggest you do the same! 🙂

26 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Hmmm. Really? Why not? 🤔

Current scuttlebutt is that they're re-working his deal. I suppose (?) that's reasonable. May also be a good indication that Wilson is actually coming.

I PMed him a long time ago, haven't tried since. He mostly likely doesn't have them send notifications to his e-mail any more (if he ever did). 

I would absolutely love Wilson, but not at any price.  Just like I would love a Rolls Royce, but can’t afford one.  

But I would pay 3 first rounders for Wilson in a NY minute.  Especially if Pace is drafting the first rounders.   

15 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Cowboys going to town creating cap space.

I can't believe I stressed about cap so many years.   It really is mostly a myth.  The future years means you can do whatever to create space whenever you really want to.  

I bet most Teams simply have an internal budget mandate they give their GM.    Obviously you can't spend anything you want.   You have to stay within team specific profit margins. There are limits, even for Cowboys who make a ton on side that they alone get to keep.      

They likely  average it over 3 years probably and do what they want within those parameters.   Sometimes it changes when an owner wants it to.

That's it.  

Like magic.  

10 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

But I would pay 3 first rounders for Wilson in a NY minute.  Especially if Pace is drafting the first rounders.   

I doubt it would take much more than 3 firsts. It might even take less. Somebody (might have been @G08, not sure) pointed out that the price for Wilson may not be as high as we're assuming it will be. And, if Wilson REALLY wants out (and if he ends up getting traded, that's probably what's going on) then the second team isn't totally over a barrel. 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Hmmm. Really? Why not? 🤔

I did email him & called him. He will be back soon.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

People still do this?? 

My process is I start typing a long text in response to a question, get frustrated and just call the person.

I hate texting unless it is something simple like 'on my way' or 'running late'.

14 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:
Fully preparing myself for heartbreak now. 🙏🙏

On Get Up yesterday, a couple people pointed out how incredibly easy it would be for Wilson to quash all this "Russell to the Bears" talk. And he hasn't. They were also discussing how they thought that Wilson isn't particularly happy about being (essentially) upstaged by Mahommes--and to a lesser degree Watson and Jackson. 

Yeah, that does sound kind of petty...but it all boils down to money, in the end. I'm sure Brady and Rodgers still playing well doesn't help matters, either. It's like I said--Wilson goes to Chicago, he's instantly more famous than he was before. Wilson leads the Bears into Lambeau on Sunday Night Football and beats Rodgers in an exciting barn-burner? That's gold. Wilson against Brady in the playoffs? You see where I'm going, here. The NFC West projects to be a quagmire for some time to come. The Lions are rebuilding, and the Vikings might be close. Getting traded to the Bears might literally be like a $100 million boost for Wilson. 

Edited by Heinz D.

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

On Get Up yesterday, a couple people pointed out how incredibly easy it would be for Wilson to quash all this "Russell to the Bears" talk. And he hasn't. They were also discussing how they thought that Wilson isn't particularly happy about being (essentially) upstaged by Mahommes--and to a lesser degree Watson and Jackson. 

Yeah, that does sound kind of petty...but it all boils down to money, in the end. I'm sure Brady and Rodgers still playing well doesn't help matters, either. It's like I said--Wilson goes to Chicago, he's instantly more famous than he was before. Wilson leads the Bears into Lambeau on Sunday Night Football and beats Rodgers in an exciting barn-burner? That's gold. Wilson against Brady in the playoffs? You see where I'm going, here. The NFC West projects to be a quagmire for some time to come. The Lions are rebuilding, and the Vikings might be close. Getting traded to the Bears might literally be like a $100 million boost for Wilson. 

I'm starting to believe that Russ to Chicago might -actually- be a real possibility. And that's just going to make it hurt more when it doesn't happen. 

• Like 1