Russell Wilson?

dll2000

10 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't know. I never believed Kobe would come to the Bulls. LeBron, either. 

This feels different. That doesn't mean it'll happen, of course. 

I didn’t allow myself to believe it possible until just before it didn’t happen. Hoping this goes differently.

Sure sounds like a guy who is about to move to a new team...even for 3 or 4 1st round picks I am not sure anyone else would have the impact on this team Wilson would from day 1...dude is a magician who has all the leadership skills in the world...would be an insane pick up.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I'm not optimistic we get him this year. Might be a next year thing. I think when the dust settles its going to be Mariota. 

Next year won’t do this regime any good.

We are likely heading towards a rebuild if we switch regimes with an ageing Defence and no QB. 

2 hours ago, GOGRIESE said:

I'm not optimistic we get him this year. Might be a next year thing. I think when the dust settles its going to be Mariota. 

Umm that would just be pretty underwhelming and sad

I'd rather sign a soon to be 37 year old Alex Smith for cheap than have to give up any draft compensation for Mariota at his current contract

21 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Mariota would be such a Bears level let down.

Well...you're not wrong. Unfortunately. 

Mariota did have a good, limited sample size showing last season. So, I mean, it's not a travesty if they bring him on board, or anything. 

Darnold and Minshew are simply far more intriguing. 

7 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Well...you're not wrong. Unfortunately. 

Mariota did have a good, limited sample size showing last season. So, I mean, it's not a travesty if they bring him on board, or anything. 

Darnold and Minshew are simply far more intriguing. 

Mariota is basically just a slightly more polished Mitch Trubisky and we already know how that worked out with Nagy.

We need a more cerebral QB who also happens to be a very good athlete...I know hard to come by

• Like 1

While RW makes us a better team on paper, I can't see it happening.  First, how many draft picks will it cost us to get him?  Quite a few, pieces we need to rebuild on offense and reload on defense.  Secondly, RW is owed $30+ the next three years(as of now)  maybe he restructures his contract, but it'll still cost us a lot.  Or current cap space is -$17.5+ million.  We'd have to cut a few players to make that happen as well.  Personally, I'd rather use our draft picks to build our team, not give them away like they're candy like Pace does.  We have 8 picks, Pace thinks we have way too many.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

While RW makes us a better team on paper, I can't see it happening.  First, how many draft picks will it cost us to get him?  Quite a few, pieces we need to rebuild on offense and reload on defense.  Secondly, RW is owed $30+ the next three years(as of now)  maybe he restructures his contract, but it'll still cost us a lot.  Or current cap space is -$17.5+ million.  We'd have to cut a few players to make that happen as well.  Personally, I'd rather use our draft picks to build our team, not give them away like they're candy like Pace does.  We have 8 picks, Pace thinks we have way too many.

I'm at a loss as to how even to respond to that. I mean...you're not wrong. Anybody looking at things with a clear head would acknowledge that. 

I'm fine with trading, say, Fuller and Hicks to get Russell Wilson, though. That's how strongly I feel we need a quarterback.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm at a loss as to how even to respond to that. I mean...you're not wrong. Anybody looking at things with a clear head would acknowledge that. 

I'm fine with trading, say, Fuller and Hicks to get Russell Wilson, though. That's how strongly I feel we need a quarterback.

I would trade Fuller,Hicks,Roquan,Jaylon Johnson and 3 first round picks for Wilson. Wouldn't even blink an eye. All I want before I die is a legit QB. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I can understand the want to have a great QB regardless of what else happens. And I think the Bears' best chance is most likely with Wilson rather than without him.

But I worry about what happens if you acquire him and it's not enough to put the team over the top.

• Like 1