Compensatory picks awarded x 4 for Dallas

WizardHawk

I’d seriously consider trading Gallup for a 2nd rounder to add a 5th pick in first 3 rounds and get better compensation for him now than a potential 3rd or 4th round Comp pick in 2023. He’s not being resigned next offseason best to make the move now

1 minute ago, textaz03 said:

I’d seriously consider trading Gallup for a 2nd rounder to add a 5th pick in first 3 rounds and get better compensation for him now than a potential 3rd or 4th round Comp pick in 2023. He’s not being resigned next offseason best to make the move now

I’m starting to question his trade value with all the quality WRs in FA and the draft. I feel we think more of him then the rest of the league might.

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

I still think there is no chance Gallup could fetch us a 2nd round pick.

21 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

In which case I prefer holding on to him for a year and thanking him for his service next year as we collect a 3rd round comp pick jn the future. 

I agree. I think the only trade that really makes sense for him would be player-for-player. If you found a team that had a Leonard Williams type, who they weren’t going to re-sign, and also needed a WR.

Otherwise, let it ride.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, textaz03 said:

I don't think we have a shot at getting a 2nd for Gallup. Given this is a deep receiver class and Gallup needs a new contract, I think the best is a 3rd.

4 hours ago, textaz03 said:

I'd rather re-sign him and see if we can offload Cooper's contract.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I agree. I think the only trade that really makes sense for him would be player-for-player. If you found a team that had a Leonard Williams type, who they weren’t going to re-sign, and also needed a WR.

Otherwise, let it ride.

I'd LOVE to trade him for Jeff Okudah.

Lions need WR help badly. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:
6 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I'd LOVE to trade him for Jeff Okudah.

Lions need WR help badly. 

Giddy up.

I’m sure Detroit would want a deal sweetener, but absolutely. This is the type of thing that makes some sense.

Deal sweetener......hmmmm.....isn’t Detroit short handed at LB too?  😈 

8 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Played poorly in year 1 + new coaching staff + wishful thinking. 

yes.  even when i search for 'Jeff Okudah' trade rumors,   all the results are Cowboys sites.  It's essentially an urban legend.  :)

Edited by SweetFancyMoses