Week 7: Seahawks @ Giants

showtime

d623lGu.jpg

When: Sunday, October 22, 4:25 PM on CBS

Where: MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey

How are you guys feeling about this match-up?  The Giants just won their first game of the season vs the Denver Broncos and I think that is a huge blessing for the Seahawks.  These type of games are so dangerous because the Giants have had a really poor start to the season and have lost key players via injury, so maybe some teams think they won't be much of a challenge - possibly what the Broncos thought last night.  The shocking victory over the Broncos should really open the eyes of the Seahawks and ensure they take the game very seriously.

As far as the game goes, I predict a comfortable Seahawks win.  The Seahawks offense does have a tendency to start off very slowly, which allows teams to stay close.  Hopefully the Giants offense will be limited by the loss of Beckham Jr. + playing against the mighty Seahawks defense!  I expect Russell Wilson and the offense to start getting things into gear as we approach the second half of the season.

I predict the Seahawks win this one by 10 points.

Trap game imo. They have enough defensive talent to shut our inconsistent offense out. I hope Carroll/Bevell/Cable doesn't even try to run over Harrison, Paul and Vernon. That would be a really bad idea. And, like always, they will waste the first half trying and failing to run the ball.

Giants played 2 TE sets in the majority of their offensive snaps in the last game. Seahawks always have trouble against that. We don't even have Avril and Bennett to exploit their weak OL. This defense could make me really happy if they can keep forcing turnovers consistently like in the past two games.

21 hours ago, brazilianguy said:

Trap game imo. They have enough defensive talent to shut our inconsistent offense out. I hope Carroll/Bevell/Cable doesn't even try to run over Harrison, Paul and Vernon. That would be a really bad idea. And, like always, they will waste the first half trying and failing to run the ball.

Giants played 2 TE sets in the majority of their offensive snaps in the last game. Seahawks always have trouble against that. We don't even have Avril and Bennett to exploit their weak OL. This defense could make me really happy if they can keep forcing turnovers consistently like in the past two games.

It could be a trap game, but I think beating the Broncos in a primetime game opened the Seahawks eyes (at least I'm hoping it did) that they need to come in prepared for a hard fought game.  You make a good point about the Giants defense potentially causing the Seahawks offense a lot of problems.  I would be in favor of the offense being opened up.  It seems like, for whatever reason, it takes this team an entire half to get it together offensively.

Nice play call on the screen when Janoris Jenkins is blitzing.  Rawls outruns his blockers.  Sigh.  Just slow down and let the three blockers in front of you... block.

Jimmy Graham drops a pass where he was WIDE OPEN on what looked like a 40+ yard completion.  Second drop for Graham on the day.  Sigh sigh sigh.

Frustrating game to watch for alot of reasons. Some much flukey non-sense making the game closer than it had any business being. 

Defense flashed some of that vintage domination. I understand the Giants are missing alot of OL and Skill talent but they came out and did what they needed to do. Good to see McDoug in and making plays. Defensive line played very well considering they are down Avril and MB wasnt on the field that consistently. 

I know Rawls had the drop and fumble, but he obviously a better fit than Lacy. Plus that fumbled should have never happened. Rawls and his head grabbed and yanked twice. Main reason he fumbled. Needs to slowdown a bit though, misses some holes.

Ifedi and Rees are getting less worse every game as far as pass protection. Still not very good though. Ifedi needs to watch those false starts though. His holding penalty was crap. The DE saw RW out of the pocket and just flopped on the ground. Ifedi never even moved his arms/hands. 

RW Magic was in full effect. Gameplan seemed pretty vanilla, no run game, WRs couldn't catch a cold, goes out, puts up three TDs (Should have four) and 330 yards. Long Ball accuracy still off a bit (Missed Baldwin And Lockett), but best game he has had in a long time.

Sorry I wasn't as active.  Didn't seem like anyone was here during the game and I didn't want to make this thread 20+ post replying to myself haha.  

Russell Wilson played a tremendous game.  Would have probably thrown for well over 400 yards if Graham doesn't have the dropsies.  Really happy overall, though.  Seems like clockwork, but the team is starting to turn the offense around as we reach the second half of the season.  <3 Wilson.

Archived