Vikings Release Riley Reiff

56 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I hope they have a plan.  I'd be all for signing a high priced guard now and either moving Cleveland to LT or drafting one and leaving him at guard

I too hope they have a plan. I would assume that they would have a plan before cutting Reiff, but then I remember that our general manager is Rick Spielman. I'll be shocked if his plan works out. The man is completely lost with respect to the offensive line and its relative importance to consistent team success.

Based on Rick Spielman's history, what reason do we have to believe he can find two solid starting offensive linemen in one offseason? That and we also have to hope that Bradbury works his way up to being an average center.

2 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Based on Rick Spielman's history, what reason do we have to believe he can find two solid starting offensive linemen in one offseason?

In 2017 the Vikings signed both Reiff and Remmers, who were both solid starting offensive linemen. 

I could see the Vikings take a similar approach this offseason, albeit with the guard positions. 

Posted (edited)

Cleveland - Free Agent/Draft Pick - Bradbury - Free Agent/Draft Pick - O'Neill

Athleticism on the edge, add some beefy athleticism (maybe Oli Udoh?) in the middle (preferably) and hope Bradbury doesn't bust.

Edited by RpMc
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Cleveland - Free Agent/Draft Pick - Bradbury - Free Agent/Draft Pick - O'Neill

Athleticism on the edge, add some beefy athleticism (maybe Oli Udoh?) in the middle (preferably) and hope Bradbury doesn't bust.

1. Sign Kevin Zeitler (legit starter who doesn’t count towards comp formula)

2. Sign Forest Lamp (placeholder with some potential)

3. Trade down from 14 and acquire 2nd round, or more ammo to trade for a 2nd rounder. 

4. Draft Christian Barmore in the 1st round (best pass rushing DT in the draft)

5. Draft Quinn Meinerz in the 2nd round (can push Lamp and/or Bradbury)

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

3. Trade down from 14 and acquire 2nd round, or more ammo to trade for a 2nd rounder. 

I’m onboard with this. 

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

You forgot...

6. Profit.

Sucks to see Reif go. He has been very solid the last few years, especially considering where 2016 and before at the tackle spot in the Clemmings/Khalil era.

Hopefully Cleveland can make the jump at his natural spot. The kid is a freak. Either way the team should try to bring in 1 starting vet as a hedge at G.

Hoping Ezra gets the LT spot, he's built like an LT. He's too tall and has a weak anchor at RG. Like everyone else the Vikings need to sign one of the good OG.

This is not the time to be cute and do something crazy.  I hope they didn't chose keeping Shamar over Reiff.

Edited by dc_vikingfan
7 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Most years this FO can't find one good OL.... now they need at least two? I feel really bad for Cousins. 

Knowing how management rolls we likely overpay on Forrest Lamp and "promote" Brett Jones.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Dozier re-signed either.  This is the same team that is fixated with Shamar Stephen of all people.  Maybe we see a Nick Easton return.

Teams are gonna set the market too high for Thuney, Zeitler, and Jackson.  It happens every year.  I will be absolutely stunned if we end up with one of them.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Freakout said:

Knowing how management rolls we likely overpay on Forrest Lamp and "promote" Brett Jones.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Dozier re-signed either.  This is the same team that is fixated with Shamar Stephen of all people.  Maybe we see a Nick Easton return.

Teams are gonna set the market too high for Thuney, Zeitler, and Jackson.  It happens every year.  I will be absolutely stunned if we end up with one of them.

The fact that Stephen is still employed and Reiff isn’t is mind boggling at best. 

• Like 1