Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

46 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

We give flu shots down to kids at 1 year old right?

Correct. I always wait(ed) until age 2 for the flu shot specifically for my children. All other inoculations on time.

10 hours ago, TVScout said:

1620105985860_n_maddow_herd_210503_1920x

Yeah, this is sad to see, but to be expected. We're closing in on 60% of adults having at least one dose, and I believe we were forecasting that around 65%-70% of the adult population would be willing to get vaccinated at some point. The next 5%-10% is going to be more spread out as these people aren't in a hurry to get vaccinated. Hopefully states and the federal gov't can give some incentives for those people to get vaccinated quicker. 

34 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Yeah, this is sad to see, but to be expected. We're closing in on 60% of adults having at least one dose, and I believe we were forecasting that around 65%-70% of the adult population would be willing to get vaccinated at some point. The next 5%-10% is going to be more spread out as these people aren't in a hurry to get vaccinated. Hopefully states and the federal gov't can give some incentives for those people to get vaccinated quicker. 

yea based on these trends, herd immunity is a pipe dream at this point. 

44 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

9 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

yea based on these trends, herd immunity is a pipe dream at this point. 

Not to be a jerk, but the fallout is on this group at this point, and since they have advocated for "medical freedom" for quite some time, they're unfortunately going to get their wish here this summer.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Not to be a jerk, but the fallout is on this group at this point, and since they have advocated for "medical freedom" for quite some time, they're unfortunately going to get their wish here this summer.

Can you clarify, I am not sure I understand what you mean. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I think he's saying that those 30% not getting it will get their comeuppance by getting COVID over the next few months.

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Just now, theJ said:

I think he's saying that those 30% not getting it will get their comeuppance by getting COVID over the next few months.

Basically. Or they're willing to risk it and own the ramifications that will be imposed upon them with travel/etc. I'm sure there will be a bunch of lawsuits on this, but in the meantime, I don't really care as long as I have my freedom to be blunt. I haven't tried to hide my feelings on this at all whatsoever. :) 

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Basically. Or they're willing to risk it and own the ramifications that will be imposed upon them with travel/etc. I'm sure there will be a bunch of lawsuits on this, but in the meantime, I don't really care as long as I have my freedom to be blunt. I haven't tried to hide my feelings on this at all whatsoever. :) 

My concern would be that without herd immunity, CDC guidelines will not change from where they currently stand. I would love for this to be a situation where those people get theirs and the rest of us move on, but unfortunately its an all for one situation. If a certain threshold isnt reached, the disease will continue to spread at it's current pace. 

8 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

My concern would be that without herd immunity, CDC guidelines will not change from where they currently stand. I would love for this to be a situation where those people get theirs and the rest of us move on, but unfortunately its an all for one situation. If a certain threshold isnt reached, the disease will continue to spread at it's current pace. 

And should the CDC make that decision and other governors try to implement this, there will be a mass mutiny that they will have on their hands. This is a basic sociological fact. You can't preach the vaccine being the end game, then go back on your word when 20-30% of the population refuses to get it, nor can you make it mandatory for everyone and hold them down against their will and give it to them.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

And should the CDC make that decision and other governors try to implement this, there will be a mass mutiny that they will have on their hands. This is a basic sociological fact. You can't preach the vaccine being the end game, then go back on your word when 20-30% of the population refuses to get it, nor can you make it mandatory for everyone and hold them down against their will and give it to them.

The CDC will give their guidance, but it will be on the states to implement rules and regulations, and I'm not sure many of them are going to holdout until we reach that 70-80% vaccinated (entire population) threshold that Fauci was so adamant about reaching. I think at most you'll see states fully reopen but pull what PA is doing regarding masking, which is requiring 70% of the adult population to be fully vaxxed before dropping all mask mandates. I believe PA is sitting over 60% of the adult population rcving at least one dose, so getting the final >10% of adults who are likely dragging their feet to get vaccinated is doable, and may give the incentive needed to light a fire under their *** and get plucked quicker. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

The CDC will give their guidance, but it will be on the states to implement rules and regulations, and I'm not sure many of them are going to holdout until we reach that 70-80% vaccinated (entire population) threshold that Fauci was so adamant about reaching. I think at most you'll see states fully reopen but pull what PA is doing regarding masking, which is requiring 70% of the adult population to be fully vaxxed before dropping all mask mandates. I believe PA is sitting over 60% of the adult population rcving at least one dose, so getting the final >10% of adults who are likely dragging their feet to get vaccinated is doable, and may give the incentive needed to light a fire under their *** and get plucked quicker. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I don't disagree with you. However, if we see surges and hospitals overrun again, how can they not go back into some form of lockdown? Herd immunity was always the actual endgame, vaccines were the route to it. If it doesn't happen and we miss the threshold, the pandemic wont end. Governments can do what they will, but WHO's pandemic declaration will stand. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I don't disagree with you. However, if we see surges and hospitals overrun again, how can they not go back into some form of lockdown? Herd immunity was always the actual endgame, vaccines were the route to it. If it doesn't happen and we miss the threshold, the pandemic wont end. Governments can do what they will, but WHO's pandemic declaration will stand. 

So, devil's advocate:

Sell me and every other vaccinated person in this country on another lockdown and what the solution is and what the end game is besides "lockdown".

Vaccination was always the end game on a tangible/controllable level. If herd immunity is impossible, then we need another solution.

That's a FACT.

• Like 2