Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

15 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/309762

According to the Israeli health ministry,  the last wave of infections is showing that natural immunity might be better at preventing infections than immunity from the vaccine.  72 of the more than 7,700 infections were from people who had previous infections while more than 3,000 were fully vaccinated. 

It doesn't say anything about people who were had the vaccine after already being infected

That'd be very shocking since the latest research I saw on this said that natural infection wasn't as good as fully vaxxed, but one dose after infection provided similar protection. 

Edited by WizeGuy

Free stuff:

Some countries defend mixing vaccines after WHO suggests booster strategy is ‘chaotic’.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/07/14/coronavirus-latest-updates/

Canada's vaccination approach including mixing doses is 'bearing out,' PM Trudeau says.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/canada-s-vaccination-approach-including-mixing-doses-is-bearing-out-pm-trudeau-says-1.5507376

Mixing Covid jabs has good immune response, study finds.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57636356

On 7/12/2021 at 11:32 AM, incognito_man said:

Our country has obviously failed a huge percentage of our population. If you raise this many adult humans who are literally dying instead of getting a statistically 100% safe vaccine, your education system sucks.

This is the clearest evidence yet of the fragility of the American experiment IMO. Once you lose critical thinking skills in 40% of your population you (as a nation) need to pivot hard and fast or real disaster is likely to ensue.

And I'm a raging optimist, typically. But this is beyond frightening.

And what is your opinion of people who have a history of reactions to medication?

I’ve talked my dad and my sister and a couple other people into getting the vaccine, but I’m not doing it.

It terrifies me.

I’ve had severe allergic reactions to virtually every medication I’ve ever been put on including Tylenol and something in the yeast of Pizza Hutt pizza makes me pee out my butt for a week.

If you’ve got a history of allergic reactions, you’re under 50 years old, and you’ve already had covid, it’s not conspiracy level paranoia to not want to get the shot.

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

and you’ve already had covid

just a quick FYI in case you hadnt heard, but reports are saying that the Delta variant ignores any immune response you gained from having another variant previously. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

And what is your opinion of people who have a history of reactions to medication?

I’ve talked my dad and my sister and a couple other people into getting the vaccine, but I’m not doing it.

It terrifies me.

I’ve had severe allergic reactions to virtually every medication I’ve ever been put on including Tylenol and something in the yeast of Pizza Hutt pizza makes me pee out my butt for a week.

If you’ve got a history of allergic reactions, you’re under 50 years old, and you’ve already had covid, it’s not conspiracy level paranoia to not want to get the shot.

Obviously if your doctor recommends you not get it, you shouldn't get it. I'm outraged that those WITHOUT medical reasons don't get it exactly because it puts those with legitimate reasons not to at risk.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It terrifies me.

How bad did you have Covid? 

28 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Obviously if your doctor recommends you not get it, you shouldn't get it. I'm outraged that those WITHOUT medical reasons don't get it exactly because it puts those with legitimate reasons not to at risk.

Yup, one of the points of herd immunity is to protect those who can’t safely get the vaccine. It’s why there will still be people wearing masks until this pandemic goes away.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

It terrifies me.

Besides what @Deadpulsealready mentioned, I would say that if you can survive Covid, you’ll be fine getting the shot.

6 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

How bad did you have Covid? 

Not the worst sickness I ever had.  Exactly two years before Covid hit I got something that kept me out of it for a week.

Covid gave me no energy for two days, but after two days I felt back to normal.

Except for my sense of smell.

I got it in January and I couldn’t smell anything until about a month ago, and now I go a day or two being able to smell things, then a few days without, kinda like I’m re-learning how to smell.

Just when I think it’s back to normal it’s gone again.

Bottom line is I never felt in danger for my life when I got covid.

I’ve been told that if I used a nasal spray with steroids, my sense of smell would return.  Frankly I’ve been too lazy and apathetic to care.  If my sense of smell is the only thing I have to worry about long term with covid, I take the risk of getting covid again over serious allergic reactions to the jab.

I don’t live the type of lifestyle where I’m in danger of frequently catching or giving covid.

I’m content with and would not be angry with restrictions applied to me if it comes to that.

Just now, Xenos said:

Besides what @Deadpulsealready mentioned, I would say that if you can survive Covid, you’ll be fine getting the shot.

Likely, but I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.  I’ll consult professionals at some point and make an informed decision then.

• Like 1