Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

21 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This is correct. It's crazy. In Maine, as a healthcare worker in order to work ANYWHERE you must have the following:

1. Rubeola (measles);

2. Mumps;

3. Rubella (German measles);

4. Varicella (chicken pox);

5. Hepatitis B; and

6. Influenza.

https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/infectious-disease/immunization/providers/documents/Immunization Requirements for Healthcare Workers.pdf

Have to imagine COVID will be on their once its fully FDA approved. As it stands, just last week we had a nurse who had been an employee for years meet a new patient to work in their home for 40+ hours a week. It went EXTREMELY well... until the family found out she wasnt and didnt intend to get vaccinated so they turned her down. When it becomes are requirement, given how many caregivers we currently have unvaccinated with no plans to get it, I imagine the nursing shortage in Maine is going to get much much worse. Most states only require a Hep B declination to work in Homecare settings. All my nurses will just go there. 

You can technically still mandate it even if it’s EUA. It’s just the legality is a little bit more murky. But some places have already announced that it will be mandatory like the place I work at, which is both a university and hospital. It’s because we can’t wait for the full FDA approval. Also don’t forget what happened with Methodist.

29 minutes ago, Xenos said:

You can technically still mandate it even if it’s EUA. It’s just the legality is a little bit more murky. But some places have already announced that it will be mandatory like the place I work at, which is both a university and hospital. It’s because we can’t wait for the full FDA approval. Also don’t forget what happened with Methodist.

There is no way I can do that and still have a business lol

22 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

There is no way I can do that and still have a business lol

Obviously it all depends on the place and the clout they have. Though it sounds like even with full approval, you guys will still have issues mandating it. That’s unfortunate and makes me upset about healthcare workers willing not being vaccinated.

Edited by Xenos

37 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Obviously it all depends on the place and the clout they have. Though it sounds like even with full approval, you guys will still have issues mandating it. That’s unfortunate and makes me upset about healthcare workers willing not being vaccinated.

Maine will almost assuredly make it a requirement at the state level. Which is good and bad. It's good that all my competition will also have to require it. It's bad because so many nurses in the state will flee to NH

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Maine will almost assuredly make it a requirement at the state level. Which is good and bad. It's good that all my competition will also have to require it. It's bad because so many nurses in the state will flee to NH

Maybe NH will also make it mandatory.

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Anti-vaxxers in a nutshell:

I'd gladly play this on a loud speaker for all the delusional anti-vaxxers.

Correct me if I'm wrong,  but "then just die" doesn't seem to be your reaction to people not wanting the vaccine.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong,  but "then just die" doesn't seem to be your reaction to people not wanting the vaccine.  

Preferably dying without infecting anyone else and taking up valuable hospital resources/space.

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

Preferably dying without infecting anyone else and taking up valuable hospital resources/space.

Like Deadpulse said, if we ever reach a point where these idiots are only hurting themselves with their stupidity, then by all means, leave them to their own devices (read: hospital beds, whatever's left of them) without a hitch, but that's just not the case. There's people who can't get the vaccine for medical reasons and kids who are at risk because of anti-vaxxers and vaccines aren't 100% preventive even from those who have gotten it like responsible adults. They could also spread variants that the vaccine can't protect against.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Like Deadpulse said, if we ever reach a point where these idiots are only hurting themselves with their stupidity, then by all means, leave them to their own devices (read: hospital beds, whatever's left of them) without a hitch, but that's just not the case. There's people who can't get the vaccine for medical reasons and kids who are at risk because of anti-vaxxers and vaccines aren't 100% preventive even from those who have gotten it like responsible adults. They could also spread variants that the vaccine can't protect against.

Yeah unfortunately Darwinism can’t help us here 😢