Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

I might have exaggerated a wee bit by saying heat stroke but you folks act like heat related illnesses isn't a thing. 

And what with all of this crap about 1 person being able to do something so everybody should be able to? 

You'll all be happy to know that survived the heat with a mask on and am fine im sure

15 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

you folks act like heat related illnesses isn't a thing. 

On 3/24/2021 at 4:58 PM, Deadpulse said:

If you are doing outside work or have health conditions that make you susceptible to heat stroke you should be taking precautions regardless, mask or no mask. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

you folks act like heat related illnesses isn't a thing. 

Hmm.

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

Heat related deaths are a thing...

You must be talking to someone else...

• Like 3

I'm interested in seeing how many people in Florida will be wearing masks in a few weeks when I'm down there. I've had friends fly down multiple times a month for the last few months and they post a ton if pics with not a lot of masks. I'm guessing they aren't too popular down there. 

In my tiny county, they've definitely gotten less and less apparent. Good thing we're opening vaccines to everyone 16 and older next week. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

Anyway hopefully getting away from the fluff posts. Got dose number one. Went pretty well. Just tingling in the chosen prick point arm. Weird left calf cramp a few hours after being pricked. Since I was a good boy I treated myself with some BBQ. Mmmmm...

Woke up the next day, slight pain in my right shoulder, prick point. The rest of the day I felt slightly fatigued. Could definitely say my body was fighting something off. Honestly was happy feeling that. Let’s me know I’m alive and have a body that cares about immunity. Dang still have slight cramps in my left calf. 

One thing I really wish I knew beforehand is to hydrate the day of getting vaccinated. Please if you’re going to get vaccinated, drink lots of water. I don’t recall peeing yesterday and wish I did. I think I would have felt better today if I did. 

Anyway, bottom line is the experience is not bad at all. Literally the worst part was filling out the paperwork I downloaded online along with printing out my confirmation email and getting to the vaccination site and they telling me that it wasn’t usable. I literally had to redo more paperwork. Oh and when I was waiting my 15 minutes to make sure I was ok post shot I somehow got into a conversation with a wife of a conspiracy theorist husband. Supposedly a scientist. Ooh boy did I mention I got BBQ?  

Anyway this post is actually very true. If you get anything out of this?  Get vaccinated. If you’re worried about being put out, losing your rights, growing a third eye, anything else that’s bs you’ve been led to believe, don’t. You’ve already been put out. Suck it up care about other people and get it done. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

One thing I really wish I knew beforehand is to hydrate the day of getting vaccinated. Please if you’re going to get vaccinated, drink lots of water.

This is true of any vaccine. Very good advice. 

• Like 1

Dose #1 went well. Ended up getting the Moderna vaccine. Yesterday, all I had was a dead arm. Felt like someone gave me a charlie horse in my upper arm. Otherwise, it was smooth. Today, I was just fatigued. Felt like I hadn't slept in a few days. Managed to stay awake tho. 

My stepdad had no reactions except the soreness in the upper arm and the fatigue as well. My mom didn't get so lucky. She had a really bad case in the fall so she ended up getting a reaction. Wasn't anything that caused much concern but she ended up getting really fatigued and got a bad case of the chills and a headache as well as loss of appetite. She slept quite a bit today and is doing better sans the headache now. So, the 3 in my family that have gotten it are in the clear until dose #2 in 4 weeks.

Wish the rest of my family would get it and weren't full of...well...I won't go there. Really is maddening living an entirely different lifestyle than people you love. Luckily, and I know this will shock some of you here lol, I know when to pick my battles with them. I'm extra good at pushing people's buttons (shocker, right?) so I do get on them when I feel it's necessary but I'm just gonna shut up and hope they come out of this okay. Luckily, my highly at risk father, lives in a small town and is retired so he doesn't interact with people very often. Been friggin' terrified this entire year IRT his health. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 4

Hydration has nothing to do with vaccines. You should do this at all times. 

Regardless, good to read people are getting it done. I'm 56 hours into shot #2 and it was nothing more than a sore arm for 1.5 days and an achy body for 1.5 hours (went away last night after dinner). I'll take that over covid any day of the week. 

Pedialyte, Gatorade, liquid IV packs, whatever. Get them, take them, utilize them. I feel great right now and am relieved to know that in 11 more days, I'll have 4 arms and be protected..... well one of those is likely. 

• Like 2