Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

when you're a big strong boy >>>

Idk about that. But I’m in pretty great shape.  And while folks like you were shoveling gluten down your throats with tears and crumbs on your face, feeling helpless while you looked at the internet, I was eating salmon and taking vitamin D and preparing my immune system for this.

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Idk about that. But I’m in pretty great shape.  And while folks like you were shoveling gluten down your throats with tears and crumbs on your face, feeling helpless while you looked at the internet, I was eating salmon and taking vitamin D and preparing my immune system for this.

Please tell me this is a copypasta and not a serious response. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

286.jpg

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 5:35 PM, Xenos said:

Some things don’t change lol. Though I feel that Canada is in a better position than the US so far. We might get more vaccinations once the FDA gives full approval, and employers feels more confident about having mandates. Though I think the US also needs to start donating more vaccines to help the rest of the world also. Reading this makes me sad.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/07/20/states-are-sitting-on-millions-of-surplus-covid-19-vaccine-doses-as-expiration-dates-approach/

This is what politicizing public and personal health does to people, and not just themselves, either. They're hurting not only the immunocompromised who can't get the vaccine, but also kids who aren't allowed to get it yet and even the vaccinated who'll become more susceptible to catching deadly variants through these morons.

I won't celebrate their (entirely preventable) death/sickness or anything, but if you touch a hot stove clearly labeled "hot stove", it stands to reason you're gonna get burned, i.e: you reap what you sow, or in Layman terms, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

And worse yet: they're allowing it continue through legislation, which just further exposes their hypocrisy. God bless the Colorado baker for refusing to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple, but God forbid businesses be allowed to protect their workforce and customers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Anyone still on the fence isn't on the fence in actuality. The people who followed the science got their vaccines already. The people who don't have it never will.

Yeah, I agree with that. Anyone who hasn't gotten it by now unfortunately probably isn't going to ever change their mind, whether it be because their closed mind will stay closed or because their ego won't allow them to concede they were wrong. With anything, you need to be able to take new information as it comes and adjust your opinion and some people aren't willing to do that. I wasn't talking about the "it's not approved" defense as being legit, just saying that the government shouldn't have the power to mandate everyone take something that hasn't been fully approved yet because that ideology could get out of hand. 

9 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Kinda serious. Kinda light. I did do things to be proactive but how serious am I going to take “big strong boy”?

Your big strong immune system isn’t going to stop you from infecting others. That’s the point that you’re missing.

• Like 1

Just now, Xenos said:

Your big strong immune system isn’t going to stop you from infecting others. That’s the point that you’re missing.

Or from contracting serious disease in some cases. But let's not let facts get in the way.

I'm just a med student, but I don't question people who have 30 years of infectious disease and virology experience on me. I leave that to people with high school diplomas and below.

And btw I’m not against the vaccine. I’m against forced vaccinations and I don’t want it. I’ve told several people in my life, elderly, overweight, lifetime alcoholics, breathing problems that I think they probably should.

Edited by DontTazeMeBro