Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

And btw I’m not against the vaccine. I’m against forced vaccinations and I don’t want it. I’ve told several people in my life, elderly, overweight, lifetime alcoholics, breathing problems that I think they probably should.

“Not against the vaccine”

“i don’t want it”

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I was under the impression that not getting within 6 feet of people would do that.

As long as you stay far away from people and mask up, then sure don’t get the vaccine.

33 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Yeah, I agree with that. Anyone who hasn't gotten it by now unfortunately probably isn't going to ever change their mind, whether it be because their closed mind will stay closed or because their ego won't allow them to concede they were wrong. With anything, you need to be able to take new information as it comes and adjust your opinion and some people aren't willing to do that. I wasn't talking about the "it's not approved" defense as being legit, just saying that the government shouldn't have the power to mandate everyone take something that hasn't been fully approved yet because that ideology could get out of hand. 

That's the problem - that's exactly what the CDC/WHO/Scientific Community did as they started to learn more about COVID, but the anti-mask/anti-vax people took that as them lying because "SEE, they said you don't need a mask here but then LATER they said a wear a mask, SO WHICH IS IT????/////".

It's just a huge, pathetically sad joke at this point, especially since the most prominent people advocating against vaccines are already vaccinated.

12 minutes ago, Xenos said:

As long as you stay far away from people and mask up, then sure don’t get the vaccine.

I don't think that's an issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Let's be honest...the people pretending like they're not getting the vaccine because "it's not FDA approved!" are just lying. They're using that as an excuse, and once the vaccines do get fully approved here in the next month, they'll move the goalposts and make up some other excuse.

bxy6y0fyx4d71.jpg

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

And btw I’m not against the vaccine. I’m against forced vaccinations and I don’t want it. I’ve told several people in my life, elderly, overweight, lifetime alcoholics, breathing problems that I think they probably should.

this is just an admission that you don't understand how vaccines prevent contagious disease lol. mass uptake is integral to their functioning, it's not just a pick-and-choose situation

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

especially since the most prominent people advocating against vaccines are already vaccinated.

This part honestly blows my mind. I don't understand the thought process behind what they are doing. What do they have to gain from advocating against something that they already participated in? 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JonStark said:

This part honestly blows my mind. I don't understand the thought process behind what they are doing. What do they have to gain from advocating against something that they already participated in? 

No idea, honestly. It's not like people are gonna stop watching Fox News because they got vaccinated.

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Yeah, I agree with that. Anyone who hasn't gotten it by now unfortunately probably isn't going to ever change their mind, whether it be because their closed mind will stay closed or because their ego won't allow them to concede they were wrong. With anything, you need to be able to take new information as it comes and adjust your opinion and some people aren't willing to do that. I wasn't talking about the "it's not approved" defense as being legit, just saying that the government shouldn't have the power to mandate everyone take something that hasn't been fully approved yet because that ideology could get out of hand. 

Disagree with this. You can search any social platform and find thousands upon thousands waiting for NovaVax which is a more proven method with long term data. Most of the people not getting the current vaccines are not AntiVax (some are, but most aren't). They are just fearful of no long-term data on any of these new technologies. Vaccines normally take years upon years of getting approved. While Pfizer and Moderna look good, I do understand people's sentiment. 

As for NovaVax, I bet there are millions actually lying in wait for it. I hope the vaccines are distributed within America, as there has been some talk most of it will be used overseas. I just hope not all of it will be used overseas. There will be a great demand in America. And it will get a lot more people vaccinated, which is a huge plus. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Disagree with this. You can search any social platform and find thousands upon thousands waiting for NovaVax which is a more proven method with long term data. Most of the people not getting the current vaccines are not AntiVax (some are, but most aren't). They are just fearful of no long-term data on any of these new technologies. Vaccines normally take years upon years of getting approved. While Pfizer and Moderna look good, I do understand people's sentiment. 

As for NovaVax, I bet there are millions actually lying in wait for it. I hope the vaccines are distributed within America, as there has been some talk most of it will be used overseas. I just hope not all of it will be used overseas. There will be a great demand in America. And it will get a lot more people vaccinated, which is a huge plus. 

BS. It's an excuse they're saying because it sounds good and it sounds good in their heads.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

BS. It's an excuse they're saying because it sounds good and it sounds good in their heads.

You do realize most of the people not taking the vaccine are loaded with vaccines and generally support vaccines, correct? I'm wondering if media/websites have made you think otherwise. 

While there are certainly some AntiVaxxers out there, a large majority of the people not taking the vaccine is because they don't like that there isn't long term data on the new technologies. That is by far the #1 reasons. Perhaps you should actually talk to some people who aren't vaccinated. #2 is probably Medical Reasons (me included), #3 is Religious reasons, and all the way down at #4 is true Anti-Vaxxers. 

• Like 2

Just now, BayRaider said:

You do realize most of the people not taking the vaccine are loaded with vaccines and generally support vaccines, correct? I'm wondering if media/websites have made you think otherwise. 

What statistics support this, especially at this point?

Just now, BayRaider said:

While there are certainly some AntiVaxxers out there, a large majority of the people not taking the vaccine is because they don't like that there isn't long term data on the new technologies. That is by far the #1 reasons. Perhaps you should actually talk to some people who aren't vaccinated. #2 is probably Medical Reasons (me included), #3 is Religious reasons, and all the way down at #4 is true Anti-Vaxxers. 

According to?