Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

So what makes you think everyone not taking the vaccine right now are actually Anti Vaxxers? Every single person I have talked to that hasn't had the vaccine, both in-person, and online (probably 40+ people) are all loaded with vaccines, pro vaccine, and just do not like that there is no long term data on the current technologies of the current few vaccines. 

What is your experience talking to people? Have you talked to "true" Anti vaxxers? Has anyone you met or talked to about not getting the vaccine been a true "Anti Vaxxer" ? Or are you 100% going on what websites tell you? I haven't met a single Anti Vaxxer yet. Real Anti Vaxxers are usually insane people, or dumb as rocks. 

You're leaving out one large group of the population. You're saying that there are two groups:

Group A: People who are waiting for Novavax/long term results
Group B: Antivaxxers.

What about the people on the more conservative side of the spectrum that eat up everything Fox news (hypocritically) spews out and are refusing to get the vaccine because it's being pushed by the more liberal side? Because that exists. Again, I'm against forced un-approved vaccine mandates, but that group of people is using the "it's not approved/need longterm studies" excuse as a reason to essentially not lose this issue. There will be another "reason" after those are met. That's the problem with how tribal our country has become. Sometimes it overrides common sense and when you add those people to the ones who already lack common sense, you get a **** show. 

Edited by JonStark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

What about the people on the more conservative side of the spectrum that eat up everything Fox news (hypocritically) spews out and are refusing to get the vaccine because it's being pushed by the more liberal side? 

I haven’t watched Fox News in like 8 months but I’m familiar with some of this. Didn’t state media kinda shoot themselves in the foot on that one when they praised Hannity for some semi-pro vaccine statement? If they have any self awareness at all they know any approval from them is toxic on that side.

Edit: lol omg I’m reading more about this. So apparently Fox seemed to shift the other day. And instead of just shutting up and letting them, the rest of the media and high ranking(like the highest) gov officials either sarcastically applauded or just ridiculed. What a bunch of petty idiots.

Edited by DontTazeMeBro
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I haven’t watched Fox News in like 8 months but I’m familiar with some of this. Didn’t state media kinda shoot themselves in the foot on that one when they praised Hannity for some semi-pro vaccine statement? If they have any self awareness at all they know any approval from them is toxic on that side.

Edit: lol omg I’m reading more about this. So apparently Fox seemed to shift the other day. And instead of just shutting up and letting them, the rest of the media and high ranking(like the highest) gov officials either sarcastically applauded or just ridiculed. What a bunch of petty idiots.

Fox deserved to be ridiculed for spending so much time promoting false information about the vaccine before this. And then when the stock market took a nose dive on Monday, everything mysteriously shifted. So many more people could have gotten vaccinated if they had done so from the start.

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Lets say that’s true. It’s still counterproductive to what you want. 

Counterproductive? I don’t understand your weird logic. If you’re an organization that has its employees vaccinated and require vaccine passports, then the right thing to do is to promote the vaccine to your many followers and remind them that Covid is a public health issue, not a political one. It was an ethical responsibility. The fact that they haven’t up until this past Monday should be pointed out and emphasized completely.

Edited by Xenos

It's strange to me how there's such a disconnect between those who understand and respect the social contract for their fellow humans and those who don't.

Like, what is this switch in people that many people have that and so many other are so callous or ignorant?

There must be graduate level textbooks written about this basic human characteristic. It's just mind-blowing to me that population has so many members. It's VERY frightening and makes self-inflicted human annihilation appear within reach. I'm becoming much less of an optimist.

• Like 2

A third booster shot to help the immunocompromised?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/8061006002

People who are severely immune-compromised should consider getting a third dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, several members of a federal advisory committee said Thursday, and should definitely take other precautions like wearing masks and making sure those around them are vaccinated.

The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), which doesn't have the regulatory authority to officially recommend a third shot, presented data at its meeting Thursday that suggested a booster shot was unlikely to cause harm and might benefit someone who is significantly immunocompromised because of cancer or on powerful medication to prevent autoimmune reactions or organ rejection.

How many people have died from the vaccine in the U.S.?

Between December 2020 and July 19th, 2021, VAERS received 6,207 reports of death (0.0018% of doses) among people who got a vaccine, but this does not mean the vaccine caused these deaths. Doctors and safety monitors carefully review the details of each case to see if it might be linked to the vaccine. There are three deaths that appear to be linked to blood clots that occurred after people got the J&J vaccine. Since we now know how to correctly treat people who develop these blood clots, future deaths related to this very rare side effect can be prevented.

https://covid-101.org/science/how-many-people-have-died-from-the-vaccine-in-the-u-s/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

You know who I’m talking about but sure. I’ll say them anyway.

Big pharma. The government. The media.

How about the scientists?

The "institutions" are simply the messengers of the experts.

40% of the people are anti-science. Either knowingly or unknowingly. Some percent of those 40% are sticking their heads in the sand and ignoring science because their little egos are offended and can't bring themselves to allow the other side to "win" (but getting a scientifically recommended vaccine).

It's just literally mind-numbing to me. "I hate democrats so much I'm going to pretend science isn't real because it happens to agree with them on this manufactured partisan issue".

They're a buncha sheep, truly. Like the worst kind.