Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm interested in seeing how many people in Florida will be wearing masks in a few weeks when I'm down there. I've had friends fly down multiple times a month for the last few months and they post a ton if pics with not a lot of masks. I'm guessing they aren't too popular down there. 

In my tiny county, they've definitely gotten less and less apparent. Good thing we're opening vaccines to everyone 16 and older next week. 

Just got back from there.  Where I was most people wore masks but it probably had to do with being in the more touristy areas. It's probably different on other parts of the state.  No one was on the beach from the little we saw but what do you expect

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

Just got back from there.  Where I was most people wore masks but it probably had to do with being in the more touristy areas. It's probably different on other parts of the state.  No one was on the beach from the little we saw but what do you expect

Your posts provoked mine. What part were you in? I'm going to a less touristy area and I'll follow any guidelines any establishment requires but I'm definitely getting closer to the "not caring" aisle of this ordeal. I'm still far too selfless to not mask up though.

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Your posts provoked mine. What part were you in? I'm going to a less touristy area and I'll follow any guidelines any establishment requires but I'm definitely getting closer to the "not caring" aisle of this ordeal. I'm still far too selfless to not mask up though.

The fort myers area.  The hotel and chains stores still had mandates along with the national park that we went to

11 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Hydration has nothing to do with vaccines. You should do this at all times. 

This is true, but staying hydrated is important. You want your body at max when you get a vaccine. Being hydrated will help a lot. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Anyone in Minnesota over 16 can get the vaccine starting Tuesday.  Seems like good news but I'm surprised they are going ask the way to 16 right away

Many states are following suite. We'll be hitting 50% (perhaps higher) having at least one dose nationally as we head into May. We'll be hitting 70% (Perhaps higher) having at least one dose as we head into June. This is assuming acceptance of the vaccine is high enough to hit that 70% threshold. If it is- we'll for sure be hitting herd immunity as we head into July at the latest.

My main concern is the rest of the world will take much longer to vaccinate, which brings the possibility of variants emerging that could make the vaccines less effective. My gravest concern is COVID infects some animals, hops back into humans, and brings a freakishly new strain. This is something that could take years, obviously, and i'm not going to be actively thinking about it- but damn it- we really need our standards for animal farming to be better world wide. Oh, and no more wet markets!

9 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I might have exaggerated a wee bit by saying heat stroke but you folks act like heat related illnesses isn't a thing. 

Can you quote where someone said heat stroke isn't a thing?

Feels like you are shifting to an extreme stance and framing the posts replying to you that wasn’t stated.

9 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

And what with all of this crap about 1 person being able to do something so everybody should be able to? 

You'll all be happy to know that survived the heat with a mask on and am fine im sure

Going the martyr route it appears.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Im going Good Healthy Eating for $500 Alex

14 minutes ago, theJ said:

Stress.  Gotta be stress.

Oh, I mean as in I'm missing 4/5. I sleep like a professional, rest are sorta... I dunno, off in the background.

My mistake, fellas.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

I remember as a kid they told us drink 8 glasses of water to stay hydrated. I always thought that was bs. If you’re exercising I get it, but if your having a normal day 4-5 spread out is just fine.

Fine and healthy are different things. You can live an unhealthy life just fine for a long time. 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

4/5 ain't bad. Right?

I'd say I'm a 4.5/5

I drink a ton of water

I eat healthy one week, then let myself go the next week, so this is where I'd give myself a .5.

I sleep 7-8 hours a night most nights

I do some pretty heavy cardio workouts 3 times a week, and get those light cardio workouts almost everyday (I'm constantly walking at my job, and do a lot of walks around the block with my little guy)

I'm not too stressed, though I do get anxiety from time to time.

Now, how about the things we shouldn't do?

Drink?

Smoke?

I drink probably 10-15 beers a week, and smoke that natural stuff a couple of times a week, so who knows how much that offsets all the 'good' I do for my body? haha. Although, these 'negative' things I do may also be why I'm not overly stressed. I also did damn good on my biometric screening this year, but long term- those 10-15 beers a week and that smoke filling up my lungs may cause issues. Oh well, a smart man once said YOLO. 

I just realized no one probably gives two-craps about how healthy some random dude on the internet is, haha. I have a bit of down time at work, so I filled that gap with some useless information for the internet lurkers to glance over and say "yeah, I ain't reading this crap from this schmuck". Fulfilling life I have over here =P

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 2