If the NFL is trying to have minimal cases shouldn't the vaccinated players have to follow most of the same protocols as the unvaccinated since it looks fairly likely that vaccinated people will be able to spread delta.

Or will there not be many cases because they won't be tested unless symptomatic? 

Is the end game of this to just have our bodies adapt to this virus making it like a cold or something similar to how we handle other coronaviruses? It doesn't seem like it's going away so I'm genuinely curious if this is what's to be expected. 

15 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

This is some sad stuff right here so selfish.🤦 

You wanna see something really sad/pathetic?

Putting on full display not just how insensitive he is, but how dumb he is as well. Doesn’t know the difference between affect/effect, their/there, choose/chose, etc. Worst part is he did all that babbling and didn’t actually apologize.

We’re going to hell in a handbasket 😞

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This is my family's go-to method for trolling. "Why are you mad?" "I don't know why that bothers you." They know, it's a deliberately insincere way to wind someone up. 

We should call it what it is: these people are getting off on ruining society.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This is my family's go-to method for trolling. "Why are you mad?" "I don't know why that bothers you." They know, it's a deliberately insincere way to wind someone up. 

We should call it what it is: these people are getting off on ruining society.

My favorite trump card is “I’m sorry you’re upset”, as if that’s a viable apology. I chuckle every time it works.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I had been debating about whether or not to really prepare for another lockdown. Guess I"ll get on that tomorrow.

Get your tp while it's still in stock!

I have to think well vaccinated communities are close to taking the steam out of COVID. From what I've read- cases are about 3x higher than what's being reported. That would have us at around 33% of Americans contracting COVID. The US has fully vaccinated nearly 50% of the total population. Obviously there's some overlap of those who have been infected also being vaccinated, so if we take 1/2 to 1/3 of those infected by COVID and add it to those vaxxed- we'll be around 60-65% of the country having some type of immunity against the virus.

The lowly vaccinated areas are going to have more of a climb to reach that herd immunity threshold, and that's troublesome. Where as the highly vaxxed areas (60% total population+) will be damn close to that threshold after this surge in cases. On a nation wide level, things aren't going to look too peachy for a bit. 

I'm hoping this is COVIDs last hoo-rah in these highly vaxxed areas, but I've said that in the past- and been burned, so I ain't making no more concrete statements with this nasty, diligent little bastard. The fall/winter time will be interesting. No doubt. I don't know what to expect there.

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Putting on full display not just how insensitive he is, but how dumb he is as well. Doesn’t know the difference between affect/effect, their/there, choose/chose, etc. Worst part is he did all that babbling and didn’t actually apologize.

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Holy absolute hell.

13 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

What kind of death rate dies the delta variant have? 

Don't know yet:

"There is some indication that the Delta variant may also result in more severe disease. A study in Scotland, published in the Lancet, found the hospitalization rate of patients with that variant was about 85 percent higher than that of people with the Alpha variant. But because of the time lag between hospitalizations and deaths, there is not enough data to say whether or not Delta is more deadly than other variants."

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-dangerous-is-the-delta-variant-and-will-it-cause-a-covid-surge-in-the-u-s/#

• Like 1

Paywalled:

Something strange is happening in Britain. Covid cases are plummeting instead of soaring.

The daily number of new infections recorded in the United Kingdom has fallen for seven days in a row — to 23,511. That is half what it was one week ago. More than 70 percent of adults in Britain are fully vaccinated, and 88 percent have had a first dose, one of the best vaccine uptakes in the world. Among those who have not been vaccinated, many have had covid or asymptomatic infection, adding to natural immunity.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/britain-covid-cases-plummet-mystery/2021/07/28/4fa3a734-ef7c-11eb-81b2-9b7061a582d8_story.html

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Xenos said:

Probably a combination of vaccination and enough people being infected with Delta.

That's the hope, and is the reason why I think heavily vaxxed areas will get through this surge quickly without a high death toll. NY, for example, is starting at a higher vaccination threshold than the UK did when Delta started surging there, so I'm hopeful we'll get through this one a bit quicker.

The only concern is waning immunity among the most at-risk. Fingers crossed immunity is holding strong there.

• Like 1