Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

10 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

This issue with this is- it's going to spread abroad way more than it will in the US due to the world being severely under vaccinated at the moment. I know we'd like to cut out all the odds of this thing mutating, but the chances of it mutating abroad seems to be exponentially higher than it mutating here, especially in highly vaxxed areas, which is why I think the CDC should have made their recommendation based on how vaxxed a community is. 

you see how that mindset is a vicious circle though? Like if we look abroad and shrug and say, well they arent at our level in terms of mitigating spread so its gonna mutate anyways and then we throw our hands up then everyone else looks at us throwing are hands up and thinks, well if they aren't doing all they can then its gonna mutate anyways so lets throw our hands up. It's like not brushing your teeth in the morning because you are gonna eat later that day anyways. Brush your teeth people. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pwny said:

Didn’t want to derail the topic in NFL News any further, but I needed to say this:

This 99.998% is just absolutely hilarious. Reported cases of COVID in the US are just under $35M. A 99.998% survival rate would mean that less than 700 people in the US have died from COVID.

But as noted by these people, not only are the death totals fraudulent, but the positive cases are fraudulent too. So once you account for half of those being fake, we’re talking about 350 deaths total across the entire United States. 350. 

Somehow, the entire medical profession has fraudulently reported 611,500 deaths and none of these “friend of a friend who is a nurse and is sickened by the fraud they see every day” has thought to report a single one to the authorities for medical fraud.

How do people believe this crap?

Some are just not salvageable from the mothership.  

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

you see how that mindset is a vicious circle though? Like if we look abroad and shrug and say, well they arent at our level in terms of mitigating spread so its gonna mutate anyways and then we throw our hands up then everyone else looks at us throwing are hands up and thinks, well if they aren't doing all they can then its gonna mutate anyways so lets throw our hands up. It's like not brushing your teeth in the morning because you are gonna eat later that day anyways. Brush your teeth people. 

This issue could be somewhat remedied by donating more of our existing supplies abroad to help where the surge is. Especially when some of our current supplies is going to waste. We have to do better in that area even though the temptation is to take care of ourselves first.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/07/20/states-are-sitting-on-millions-of-surplus-covid-19-vaccine-doses-as-expiration-dates-approach/

Edited by Xenos

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

If people look at the Americans not getting vaccinated and think "oh that seems like a good idea" they probably weren't getting vaccinated to begin with.

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

EVEN IF 99.998% of people did survive, do you think the 0.002% of people (or over 500,000 because that's where we're at) or their families/friends give a flying F about that? It's 500,000 people who have died! We've lost more people per day to COVID than we did on 9/11 alone for like a year straight or something like that.

So yeah, for me, even if the death rate was 0.002% (which it's not), it's still unacceptable because it's COMPLETELY AVOIDABLE BY DOING SOME VERY SIMPLE THINGS.

(It’s actually over 612,000 now)

But that number is a lie, you see. It’s fraud. My friend is a nurse who works in a hospital and sees them make up fake death certificates every day. But my friend won’t actually go to the authorities or even to a news outlet that is telling everyone it’s a fraud with evidence for some reason. Instead, my friend stands by culpable for thousands of cases of medical fraud and the most widespread acted on conspiracy in history and just tells me about it so I can tell you guys about it on a football forum. Trust me.

They’re pretending that anyone who had the flu actually has COVID. So all these cases we see of COVID are fake. Like half of them are real. And that’s all of them. There’s no such thing as an asymptomatic carrier. And there’s a 99.998% chance of survival. So like 300 people have died and that’s it, dude.

• Like 4

Let’s see if this helps. Essentially a mandate for federal employees now.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-federal-worker-vaccination-push-affect-millions-2021-07-29/

President Joe Biden on Thursday urged local governments to pay people to get vaccinated against COVID-19, and set new rules requiring federal workers to provide proof of vaccination or face regular testing, mask mandates and travel restrictions.

• Like 1

Masks are a half measure right now. And half measures won't cut it.

If you aren't going to force people to get vaccinated, pay them to get vaccinated. $1000 to every adult who gets or has gotten vaccinated. That will make the numbers shoot up.

The initial vaccine rollout was admittedly not awful. Some powerful states were really slacking in the beginning, which was bad, but they picked it up. This plateau though is inexcusable. You knew there were a sizeable number of people who wouldn't get the vaccine; you needed to have a plan to get them vaccinated. The only two options I see are force or compensation. What happened to those vaccine lotteries in California and Ohio?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

If you aren't going to force people to get vaccinated, pay them to get vaccinated. $1000 to every adult who gets or has gotten vaccinated. That will make the numbers shoot up.

The initial vaccine rollout was admittedly not awful. Some powerful states were really slacking in the beginning, which was bad, but they picked it up. This plateau though is inexcusable. You knew there were a sizeable number of people who wouldn't get the vaccine; you needed to have a plan to get them vaccinated. The only two options I see are force or compensation. What happened to those vaccine lotteries in California and Ohio?

Where is that $1000 going to come from?

4 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

Where is that $1000 going to come from?

Where did the stimulus money come from? Where does any of the money come from? I won't say any more than that so this doesn't start turning into a political discussion. Bottom line though, we can't afford for people to not get vaccinated right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Where did the stimulus money come from? Where does any of the money come from? I won't say any more than that so this doesn't start turning into a political discussion. Bottom line though, we can't afford for people to not get vaccinated right now.

Well then you know it wouldn’t go over well.

23 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2781792

The study did not find evidence that a lottery-based incentive in Ohio was associated with increased rates of adult COVID-19 vaccinations. In contrast, the analyses suggest that the rate of decline in vaccinations slowed to a greater extent in the US than in Ohio after the May 12 lottery announcement. The slower decline in vaccination rates among adults in the US may suggest that expansion of vaccine eligibility to adolescents also was associated with an increase in adult vaccinations. These results contrast with prior reports of increased vaccination uptake in Ohio,2 which did not account for the contemporaneous expansion in vaccine eligibility to adolescents.

The findings are limited by the accuracy of US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention vaccine administration data,4 potential unmeasured confounders associated with the date of the Ohio vaccine lottery announcement and vaccination rates, and the study may be underpowered to detect small changes in the vaccination rate.6 Further evidence supporting the effectiveness of lotteries as strategies for increasing vaccine uptake are needed prior to widespread and potentially costly adoption.

jld210044f1_1625174412.15279.png?Expires

tl;dr It didn't look like the OH lottery made a difference, but it may have been a small one that we can't see

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2781792

jld210044f1_1625174412.15279.png?Expires

tl;dr It didn't look like the OH lottery made a difference, but it may have been a small one that we can't see

Interesting. There was anecdotal evidence of people straight up saying "I only got the vaccine for this lottery chance", but I guess those people were too far and in between. 

19 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

Well then you know it wouldn’t go over well.

A discussion on that topic or direct payments? If you're talking about the latter, that isn't true at all. The vast majority of the country loves direct stimulus payments. This would just be another one of those, essentially. Instead of the condition being some relatively arbitrary income requirement, it would be getting vaccinated.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/03/us/stimulus-check-polls.html