Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

did you put it in the middle and shake it all around? 

Too much paaaain.

I couldn't raise it above my shoulder yesterday night.  Today is a lot better.  Probably tomorrow it'll be fine.  

This is normal for me though.  Every time i get a shot.

1 minute ago, The Gnat said:

Got my first shot scheduled for the 1st. Stoked to be getting it, only driving an hour and a half to get it.

Jeez, how far in the sticks are you?  I had like 6 options within 15m of me.

Just now, theJ said:

Jeez, how far in the sticks are you?  I had like 6 options within 15m of me.

Oh, I'm not in the sticks, that's the issue. In MN it just opened up to everyone, so starting at 6:30 AM I was online trying to find a spot locally to about 30 miles out, then I said screw it and opened it up more than that. A lot of the rural areas have gotten all the old people vaccinated already so have more availability. When the vaccine first rolled out in MN, a lot of people from the Twin Cities were driving to my home town, about three hours away to get shots.

Hope y'all are ready for that second dose if the first was that bad. I'm 7 days away from being super human w/ 4 arms and auditioning for the role of Goro in the next Mortal Kombat flick and my second dose was about 2x the symptoms of my first. Luckily it was only a sore arm for 2 days instead of 8 hours and had minor body arches for an hour and some change the next day. Felt fine after I ate dinner though.

Definitely be prepared to not do much the following 48 hours if you had a bad reaction to the first.

Best of luck to you all and good **** getting it done. We opened vaccines to everyone 16 and older in this lovely state and I know they've been aggressively giving them to people since. We're on our way!

8 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Oh, I'm not in the sticks, that's the issue. In MN it just opened up to everyone, so starting at 6:30 AM I was online trying to find a spot locally to about 30 miles out, then I said screw it and opened it up more than that. A lot of the rural areas have gotten all the old people vaccinated already so have more availability. When the vaccine first rolled out in MN, a lot of people from the Twin Cities were driving to my home town, about three hours away to get shots.

Ah makes sense.  I'd have waited, but i'm also working from home 100%, never see anyone, and hate driving.  lol

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Hope y'all are ready for that second dose if the first was that bad. I'm 7 days away from being super human w/ 4 arms and auditioning for the role of Goro in the next Mortal Kombat flick and my second dose was about 2x the symptoms of my first. Luckily it was only a sore arm for 2 days instead of 8 hours and had minor body arches for an hour and some change the next day. Felt fine after I ate dinner though.

Definitely be prepared to not do much the following 48 hours if you had a bad reaction to the first.

Best of luck to you all and good **** getting it done. We opened vaccines to everyone 16 and older in this lovely state and I know they've been aggressively giving them to people since. We're on our way!

High School Film GIF

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theJ said:

Ah makes sense.  I'd have waited, but i'm also working from home 100%, never see anyone, and hate driving.  lol

I am a massive extrovert so anything I can do to help me see more people faster, I'll do that.

• Like 2

Seems like we're reaching a plateau in hospitalizations + cases are on the rise. It's going to be interesting to see how many of these hospitalizations turn into ICU admissions and then deaths. 

Prior to vaccinations we had a general idea of X amount of hospitalizations= Y amount of ICU admissions =Z amount of deaths

Now with vaccinations we should see that ratio decrease. Still, not out of the woods yet, but hopefully this is COVIDs last jab as many vaccinations are ramping up and many states are opening eligibility to every 16+. 

• Like 2

Also, the CDC- for the first time to my knowledge- has said the mRNA vaccines appear to be incredibly effective at preventing infection. 

Two weeks after the first dose they're 80% effective at preventing infection.

They're 90% effective at preventing infection after the second dose. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/real-world-study-shows-mrna-vaccines-protect-symptomatic/story?id=76752330

I have to wonder how this will change guidelines going forward. Will the CDC say it's safe for vaccinated individuals to engage in more risky behaviors such as going out to a bar or will they wait for cases to fall before saying that?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Also, the CDC- for the first time to my knowledge- has said the mRNA vaccines appear to be incredibly effective at preventing infection. 

Two weeks after the first dose they're 80% effective at preventing infection.

They're 90% effective at preventing infection after the second dose. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/real-world-study-shows-mrna-vaccines-protect-symptomatic/story?id=76752330

I have to wonder how this will change guidelines going forward. Will the CDC say it's safe for vaccinated individuals to engage in more risky behaviors such as going out to a bar or will they wait for cases to fall before saying that?

I'm guessing they'll wait for cases to fall.  But that is good news.

1 minute ago, theJ said:

I'm guessing they'll wait for cases to fall.  But that is good news.

I can def see that being the case. I know I've been slowly doing more risky things like hanging out with another household that may not be vaccinated as long as theyre not at high risk (per CDC guidelines). My dad and I are also going to find a low key bar to have a few brews at once he's fully vaccinated.

Just now, WizeGuy said:

I can def see that being the case. I know I've been slowly doing more risky things like hanging out with another household that may not be vaccinated as long as theyre not at high risk (per CDC guidelines). My dad and I are also going to find a low key bar to have a few brews at once he's fully vaccinated.

I'll be doing the same.  My wife is fully vaccinated.  I think once i am, we'll start hanging out with a few select friends here and there.

• Like 1