Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The overwhelming feedback from the public is that this rollout has been too complicated and too disjointed. People want one portal, yes or no, tell me when.

The value that we might gain in efficiency is more than offset by what we lose in public understanding. 

That too.  I'm fairly educated, and know how find things.  Even i was a little confused about where to register or when i'm eligible.  I just ignored the whole thing for a month, and now it's more clear lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The overwhelming feedback from the public is that this rollout has been too complicated and too disjointed. People want one portal, yes or no, tell me when.

The value that we might gain in efficiency is more than offset by what we lose in public understanding. 

Season 9 Thank You GIF by The Office

Just now, Xenos said:

It’s an honor system. How would they know who to prioritize other than trusting people not to lie? It’s not like they can get access to your medical records.

That's the thing too.  Ohio is open to everyone, but some websites still aren't reprogramed with all the questions about place of work, risk factors, etc.  So when i registered, i just lied on the form.  No one checked when i went in to get the shot.

16 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

https://covidvax.live/location/usa    (thx for link WizeGuy)

Its gonna be close - but it looks like US will surpass 150,000,000 shots in arms by the end of March 2021.

Truly an amazing, stupendous, incredible accomplishment. While many Americans complained about the impacts on their lives, a group of similarly impacted people rolled up their sleeves...so you can roll up yours.

Let's put aside our challenges for a few moments and say thanks to all of the MDs, nurses, front line workers, immunologists, epidemiologists and regulatory scientists who pulled off this remarkable achievement for the benefit of everybody. They too had kids struggling at home, they too had family members battling mental health issues-  they faced everything we faced and more- yet they buckled down and got it done and they deserve our undying gratitude.

And part of that gratitude is helping to finish the job so their heroic efforts aren't wasted by jumping back in too soon.
Kindly honor their efforts & sacrifice by staying vigilant a little longer, just a few more months. 

Well Done Reaction GIF

Just now, theJ said:

That too.  I'm fairly educated, and know how find things.  Even i was a little confused about where to register or when i'm eligible.  I just ignored the whole thing for a month, and now it's more clear lol.

Yeah so obviously it's great that you got your shot, but we as the providers screwed up and cost a month there. There are millions of those stories. 

At this point, I'd be for less criteria, not more. Open it up to everybody who can safely get it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xenos said:

It’s an honor system. How would they know who to prioritize other than trusting people not to lie? It’s not like they can get access to your medical records.

No, I get it but there were many people who were open about it and IMO, it would've been a personal choice for them to say "I've already had it, when they become more abundant, I'll get in line". These feelings didn't last long and waned about a month into the vaccine distribution. I never felt this way to get myself in line quicker but instead, front line workers who didn't knowingly recover but had to wait b/c other colleagues who did and have immunity, got the shots instead.

12 minutes ago, theJ said:

That's the thing too.  Ohio is open to everyone, but some websites still aren't reprogramed with all the questions about place of work, risk factors, etc.  So when i registered, i just lied on the form.  No one checked when i went in to get the shot.

Same for me except my contractor gave me a signed letter stating I would be in their office, around patients, and office staff. I could've lied a month ago and gotten in line even before this opportunity came up. A month ago, there were people fighting to get spots but these days, you can sign up and get in the next day so there's certainly a surplus. My county is at almost 30% vaccinated though so I'm feeling good even though our R value is one of the worst in the state lol.

I love country folk

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

20 minutes ago, theJ said:

At this point, there are shots going to waste and time slot openings for anyone to get the vaccine.

My wife just happened to be at the CVS drugstore yesterday afternoon around 5pm and they told her they had one extra dose if she wanted it. Huge score

For those who want to sign up for Dr. B, they'll ping ya when extras are available

https://hidrb.com/

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

No, I get it but there were many people who were open about it and IMO, it would've been a personal choice for them to say "I've already had it, when they become more abundant, I'll get in line". These feelings didn't last long and waned about a month into the vaccine distribution. I never felt this way to get myself in line quicker but instead, front line workers who didn't knowingly recover but had to wait b/c other colleagues who did and have immunity, got the shots instead.

I don’t blame them for jumping in line since experts don’t know how long the protection last. As long as they fall under the original criteria i.e. essential worker or older, I’m more okay with it then someone who did not. My understanding is that protection from Covid recovery is at least 3 months. After that, it becomes hazy.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/facts.html

Edited by Xenos

32 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't really take the "big pharma" stuff personally. The economics of pharma/healthcare are what people are usually talking about when they criticize big pharma, and if it's not that then it's the opiate crisis...and well yeah we brought that on ourselves.

Specifically, the context of the criticism is that you can't trust the COVID vaccine because of Pharmacists/Big Pharma. 

41 minutes ago, theJ said:

At this point, there are shots going to waste and time slot openings for anyone to get the vaccine.  So there's no reason to discriminate based on any particular individual situation.

I get that.  The shouldn't be shots going to waste and I'm not saying the people getting Covid recently shouldn't be able to get the vaccine. 

I don't think that it makes sense to make people in New York that have had covid a month ago get the vaccine or keep getting negative tests to get into places if they are ok waiting until there is more supply.  

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Specifically, the context of the criticism is that you can't trust the COVID vaccine because of Pharmacists/Big Pharma. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also not surprising for college towns tbh. We still get people passing out Atlas Shrugged and whatnot in Madison. People who are learning to think critically for the first time tend to default to extreme positions, and then experience gives them the nuance.

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

yeah, that's fairly common and from an image POV, Pharma is an easy target- and in many cases they've earned that lousy reputation. There's also a boatload of meme's out there- like this one:

"Pharma has the cure for cancer, but they're hiding it so they can sell more meds"

Of course that's not true, but if you put that statement into a poll, fair guess that 75 % of public would call it True

• Like 1