Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

10 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I would love to discuss it, but it would inevitably turn into a political discussion and as a result, my hands are tied on this site.

Unless you have an underlying medical condition, if your research leads to you being unvaccinated, getting Covid, and hurting others, then it’s bad research. If you think Covid is political, then it’s a YOU problem. Not a site issue.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Will insurance carriers adjust premiums this upcoming open enrollment for vaccinated/ unvaccinated individuals?

Or they'll include language specifying that the policy won't cover inoculable diseases without a vaccine record or doctor's note. I'm really interested to see what open enrollment looks like this year. 

Health insurance companies don't cover labs ordered out of network by an in network doctor without a screaming fight. I don't get why'd they'd cover something that's both frighteningly expensive and totally unnecessary.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I would love to discuss it, but it would inevitably turn into a political discussion and as a result, my hands are tied on this site.

So then why exactly are you continually posting these bait messages?

Seems a little trollish to post these things and then when challenged on it, immediately turn to “I’m not allowed to talk about it” to shield yourself from any form of criticism or requirement to back up your outlandish claims.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Seems a little trollish to post these things and then when challenged on it, immediately turn to “I’m not allowed to talk about it” to shield yourself from any form of criticism or requirement to back up your outlandish claims.

no, no. you see, when people disagree with him by actually arguing against him, it's oppressive and closedminded. but when he disagrees with people by posting vague memes and whining, it's brave advocacy for freedom.

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Says the guy who thinks we can fight our way out of a pandemic by exercising.

I've said instead of one or the other we should talk about both sides.  But yes the more you exercise and eat better, the healthier your immune system is.  Easy low hanging fruit right there that people still aren't willing to do.

Meanwhile, in Texas there are no pediatric ICU beds available in Dallas area. While kids are literally dying, state leadership is focused on upholding mask mandate restrictions. Those monsters are literally killing children. How the frick do they actually sleep at night?

What monsters.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Unless you have an underlying medical condition, if your research leads to you being unvaccinated, getting Covid, and hurting others, then it’s bad research. If you think Covid is political, then it’s a YOU problem. Not a site issue.

Okay serious question.  Just going off of everything I have seen.  Vaccinated people are also spreading COVID.  So by your logic, whether you are vaccinated or not and get COVID then you are hurting others?  

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I've said instead of one or the other we should talk about both sides.  But yes the more you exercise and eat better, the healthier your immune system is.  Easy low hanging fruit right there that people still aren't willing to do.

Yes. So long as 85+% of the population is unwilling to do this, pick at least one:

(1) Vaccine mandate

(2) Junk food ban + exercise mandate

15 minutes ago, pwny said:

It’s not trollish you moron, and I’d be perfectly happy to explain why, but I’m not allowed to talk about it here, my hands are tied on this site.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Okay serious question.  Just going off of everything I have seen.  Vaccinated people are also spreading COVID.  So by your logic, whether you are vaccinated or not and get COVID then you are hurting others?  

You’re less likely to get infected if you’re vaccinated. Therefore there’s less chance of transmission. And even if you are infected, there’s still debate about whether having the viral load means same level of transmission. But most importantly, when you get vaccinated, even against Delta it’s even rarer for you to be hospitalized and take away valuable healthcare resources from other non Covid medical emergencies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Yes. So long as 85+% of the population is unwilling to do this, pick at least one:

(1) Vaccine mandate

(2) Junk food ban + exercise mandate

Why didn't we just ban pre-existing medical conditions, then they'd go away. Brilliant. Have we also considered making the spread of COVID illegal?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Okay serious question.  Do you hold this same standard when someone says drunk driving is bad?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Meanwhile, in Texas there are no pediatric ICU beds available in Dallas area. While kids are literally dying, state leadership is focused on upholding mask mandate restrictions. Those monsters are literally killing children. How the frick do they actually sleep at night?

What monsters.

well maybe if the kids simply ate better they wouldn't be dying. ever think of that?

• Like 4