Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I'm not sure what you're asking.  Drunk driving is bad and illegal.

I'm just bringing up hypotheticals....what if someone didn’t drive drunk, but had a disease that gave them seizures, but thought since they were asymptomatic and had no idea they could ever have seizures, they went out on a highway where they had a seizure in the middle of rush hour and crashed into a family minivan.  What are your thoughts on that?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Why didn't we just ban pre-existing medical conditions, then they'd go away. Brilliant. Have we also considered making the spread of COVID illegal?

In some municipalities it was tried, but individual rights and all that, so it was a no go.  

• Like 1

Cardiovascular diseases take an estimated 17.9 million lives per year according to WHO.

I am reading 4.34 million lives from COVID the past year+.

These CVDs also make COVID more fatal.  I came in for discussion about how both vaccines and exercise/nutrition should be talked about not just vaccines.  Not questioning everyone that doesn't agree with me. But I'm the bad guy for talking about personal health.

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

Cardiovascular diseases take an estimated 17.9 million lives per year according to WHO.

These CVDs also make COVID more fatal.  I came in for discussion about how both vaccines and exercise/nutrition should be talked about not just vaccines.  Not questioning everyone that doesn't agree with me. But I'm the bad guy for talking about personal health.

yeah, maybe it's treated as a ridiculous distraction tangential to the problem because we are currently in the middle of a ******* pandemic and improving individuals' health is an enormously complicated issue that largely hinges on poverty reduction and access to healthy foods and leisure time, so it's not exactly the type of thing that can solve ongoing disease spread.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The upside here is I just got an email for “crisis rate jobs” paying $21k a month, so that’s cool.

Keep fighting the good fight Patriots, daddy wants a new truck!

I’m desperately refreshing my Facebook group: “TRUE PATRIOTS oNLY No Masks NOW” but I can’t get an answer for why hospitals that aren’t actually in a crisis and the media is overblowing the effects of it would be offering someone as mediocre as you $21k a month. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Again, for like 5th time, literally no one is sayin you shouldn’t work to improve physical health.  You’re just back to wanting to frame every discussion around exercise and/or supplementation/diet etc.

That said, it’s not a cure for a damned virus.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pwny said:

I'm just bringing up hypotheticals....what if someone didn’t drive drunk, but had a disease that gave them seizures, but thought since they were asymptomatic and had no idea they could ever have seizures, they went out on a highway where they had a seizure in the middle of rush hour and crashed into a family minivan.  What are your thoughts on that?

Exercise and eat better ???

1 minute ago, pwny said:

I’m desperately refreshing my Facebook group: “TRUE PATRIOTS oNLY No Masks NOW” but I can’t get an answer for why hospitals that aren’t actually in a crisis and the media is overblowing the effects of it would be offering someone as mediocre as you $21k a month. 

And I haven’t even worked bedside in almost 7 years.

Theyre offering this stuff to try to lure my off my office chair.

• Like 2