Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Cardiovascular diseases take an estimated 17.9 million lives per year according to WHO.

I am reading 4.34 million lives from COVID the past year+.

These CVDs also make COVID more fatal.  I came in for discussion about how both vaccines and exercise/nutrition should be talked about not just vaccines.  Not questioning everyone that doesn't agree with me. But I'm the bad guy for talking about personal health.

Where has anyone said people shouldn't eat better and exercise more in general?

How long does these eating better and exercise take to improve CV health?

How long does it take to get 1 or 2 covid vaccine shots?

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pwny said:

I’m desperately refreshing my Facebook group: “TRUE PATRIOTS oNLY No Masks NOW” but I can’t get an answer for why hospitals that aren’t actually in a crisis and the media is overblowing the effects of it would be offering someone as mediocre as you $21k a month. 

Wow there..... he is at least solidly mediocre

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pwny said:

I’m desperately refreshing my Facebook group: “TRUE PATRIOTS oNLY No Masks NOW” but I can’t get an answer for why hospitals that aren’t actually in a crisis and the media is overblowing the effects of it would be offering someone as mediocre as you $21k a month. 

They should advertise to nurses that they would get to tell the COVID patients how high their salaries are. I bet that'd get more people in the door.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Where has anyone said people shouldn't eat better and exercise more in general?

How long does these eating better and exercise take to improve CV health?

How long does it take to get 1 or 2 covid vaccine shots?

 

Or, and hear me out, what if you’re cardiovascular issues aren’t diet and exercise related?

What if, and this just a hypothetical, you have hereditary/genetic issues?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

They should advertise to nurses that they would get to tell the COVID patients how high their salaries are. I bet that'd get more people in the door.

“I’m happy to see you too, you just bought me a new boat!”

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And I haven’t even worked bedside in almost 7 years.

Theyre offering this stuff to try to lure my off my office chair.

Just trying to get you some exercise!!!!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

How long does these eating better and exercise take to improve CV health?

How long does it take to get 1 or 2 covid vaccine shots?

It takes about three weeks to make a new lifestyle become a habit, give or take. 

https://www.integrativenutrition.com/blog/how-long-does-it-take-for-your-body-to-adjust-to-eating-healthy#:~:text=The key thing to remember,to form a new habit!

 

It takes two weeks for your vaccination to take hold and become effective. 

 

Both are excellent ideas for everyone. And I'd recommend everyone take part in each for their health.

But the latter is the one that matters far more right now. Both for you and everyone around you.

 

You can exercise now or later. Getting vaccinated right now should just be the case.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I use a 1-10 scale, but don't say that the range is from 9.1-10.0.

My wife has a nice name for me/saying that. She calls me an “old soul”.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why haven't the media monetized this more? Feels like we should be seeing headlines like "US Lost $9 Trillion of Economic Growth This Decade Due to Mask Hesitancy" or " Median 401(k) Projected To Lose $50,000 by 2030 Due to Vaccine Hesitancy" or "US Saves $400 Billion For Each Percent Increase in Vaccination Rate" and like compare it to foreign countries' money saved and turn it into an elementary school competition. That's a familiar language to the target audience.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It takes about three weeks to make a new lifestyle become a habit, give or take. 

So is the habit change in those 3 weeks enough to change CV health?

21 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

https://www.integrativenutrition.com/blog/how-long-does-it-take-for-your-body-to-adjust-to-eating-healthy#:~:text=The key thing to remember,to form a new habit!

 

It takes two weeks for your vaccination to take hold and become effective. 

 

Both are excellent ideas for everyone. And I'd recommend everyone take part in each for their health.

But the latter is the one that matters far more right now. Both for you and everyone around you.

 

You can exercise now or later. Getting vaccinated right now should just be the case.

I don't disagree with you on this.  But CV health improvement is likely more along a 1-2 months type process.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Why haven't the media monetized this more? Feels like we should be seeing headlines like "US Lost $9 Trillion of Economic Growth This Decade Due to Mask Hesitancy" or " Median 401(k) Projected To Lose $50,000 by 2030 Due to Vaccine Hesitancy" or "US Saves $400 Billion For Each Percent Increase in Vaccination Rate" and like compare it to foreign countries' money saved and turn it into an elementary school competition. That's a familiar language to the target audience.

 

I imagine it would be pretty easy to question the numbers.  Is it the lack of mask wearing or the governments response to the mask wearing hurting the economy?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I imagine it would be pretty easy to question the numbers.  Is it the lack of mask wearing or the governments response to the mask wearing hurting the economy?  

There's no distinction there, and even if there was, it doesn't matter. The point isn't to find what side to blame, it's to point out that "Collectively, we're all losing this badly, just FYI!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

So is the habit change in those 3 weeks enough to change CV health?

I don't disagree with you on this.  But CV health improvement is likely more along a 1-2 months type process.

That seems quick but a lot of improvements could be made in 18 months.  Obviously it is it of some people's control though

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...