Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

28 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/pentagon-scientists-develop-microchip-that-detects-covid-before-symptoms-when-placed-under-skin/ar-BB1fChwa

Well there we go! We just gotta get through until we get the chips. Exciting stuff. I wonder why I couldn’t find this on google.

lol right on cue

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/pentagon-scientists-develop-microchip-that-detects-covid-before-symptoms-when-placed-under-skin/ar-BB1fChwa

Well there we go! We just gotta get through until we get the chips. Exciting stuff. I wonder why I couldn’t find this on google.

Buddy, this was literally on 60 Minutes, back like 6 months ago. If you couldn’t find it on Google, maybe ask yourself why you’re missing things being covered by national news outlets.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Buddy, this was literally on 60 Minutes, back like 6 months ago. If you couldn’t find it on Google, maybe ask yourself why you’re missing things being covered by national news outlets.

No I mean I googled something and all that came up was “fact checkers” about microchips in the vaccine, which I could be wrong but doesn’t sound possible. Same search on DuckDuckGo and I got several articles about this. It’s just very odd that would happen. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pwny said:

I think the issue is he used Google.

If he’d have used yahoo he’d have likely found the story the did months ago on this.

https://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-unveils-microchip-senses-covid-231239955.html

Wait, nope, Google had a full page of hits too.  😂 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

No I mean I googled something and all that came up was “fact checkers” about microchips in the vaccine, which I could be wrong but doesn’t sound possible. Same search on DuckDuckGo and I got several articles about this. It’s just very odd that would happen. 

Google sorts searches using an automatic algorithm that’s designed to give you *what you need* in the first page of results, and the algorithm sorts based on the articles others are clicking on. DuckDuckGo doesn’t use trend data. 

According to a study done last month, 20% of Americans believe there is a microchip in the vaccine. Which means that almost everyone who is searching “COVID microchip” is searching for information about the vaccine having a microchip in it, either to find out about it, or to try to talk their uncle out of believing it, so the overwhelming majority of clicks 6 months after the Pentagon showed off the microchip, are going to be about the conspiracy theory because that’s what people are searching for now.

You can see this trend with any search on Google vs DuckDuckGo. Go search for Trevor Lawrence on both. Every Google result is something you would likely want right now today; his draft profile that focuses on his projected NFL performance, a Wikipedia article about him, his Twitter account, and recent articles about his performance in camp and his outlook for year one. DuckDuckGo’s results are less today specific and have stuff about his wedding in April, a draft profile about how he shouldn’t be drafted #1 overall, an article about whether or not he’ll have to cut his hair before camp, etc.

If you are searching something that isn’t today specific, you gotta add another word. Don’t search “COVID microchip;” instead, search “COVID microchip detect” and then every article Google gives you is about the microchip the Pentagon developed.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, pwny said:
1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

you mean google might only find things that fit my high frequency search terms/themes/sites, etc.

Who would have thunk??

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Lol that's a big ol nope for me. 

The application isn’t for individuals, but if it ever gets used, it would be for military members deployed overseas. This specifically might be used for members who are deployed into countries without vaccine access and poor health care where we want to immediately quarantine them before we get a spread into a community that could destabilize a nation. Or more broadly, the technology could be further developed upon to allow troops in highly dangerous areas to be made immediately aware of any exposure to bioweapons or other dangers of that sort that might require immediate medical attention or quarantining. 

It’s never going to be used among the general populace just because it doesn’t make sense. Home tests are readily available and cheap. Bringing everyone in to get a microchip installed is a much more expensive and human resource intensive process than just selling tests at Walgreens and CVS, and offers very little benefit over the alternative.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, pwny said:

The application isn’t for individuals, but if it ever gets used, it would be for military members deployed overseas. This specifically might be used for members who are deployed into countries without vaccine access and poor health care where we want to immediately quarantine them before we get a spread into a community that could destabilize a nation. Or more broadly, the technology could be further developed upon to allow troops in highly dangerous areas to be made immediately aware of any exposure to bioweapons or other dangers of that sort that might require immediate medical attention or quarantining. 

It’s never going to be used among the general populace just because it doesn’t make sense. Home tests are readily available and cheap. Bringing everyone in to get a microchip installed is a much more expensive and human resource intensive process than just selling tests at Walgreens and CVS, and offers very little benefit over the alternative.

There he goes again, applying context.

What a friggin buzzkill…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnChimpo said:

If you don’t realize this is very thinly veiled, then I don’t know what else to tell you.

“Now I don’t know you personally at all, so I’m not saying you’re that dumbass, but if you’re not, you may wanna try harder because you’re giving that impression.”

You may not have called him one, but you said he gave that impression. 

listen, if you want someone to insult his intelligence straight-up i'm more than happy to oblige

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

This was developed in the 70s (or started development then) by DARPA. This is fairly ancient technology, actually. For civilian use, getting notification of infection a day or two earlier than symptoms let you know isn't all that valuable. Especially in a pandemic where the working assumption (and mitigation) is that everyone should act like the person next to them has it already anyway.

1 hour ago, pwny said:

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

This was developed in the 70s (or started development then) by DARPA. This is fairly ancient technology, actually. For civilian use, getting notification of infection a day or two earlier than symptoms let you know isn't all that valuable. Especially in a pandemic where the working assumption (and mitigation) is that everyone should act like the person next to them has it already anyway.

My favorite part of these responses is knowing DTMB isn’t even going to bother reading them or learn anything, he’s already halfway down some other rabbit hole looking for the next bit of info without context that’s gonna blow his mind to bits.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

3xdy4o.jpg

Not sure why the creator said “scientific” but the point remains.

The kind of thinking in this meme is the problem.  It is closed-minded arrogance.  A lot of the people who are putting their faith in "science" may be naively making the assumption that the data they are being given can be trusted 100%.  Maybe it can, but here is a question that I don't think a lot of you have taken the time to consider:  What if the data you are being given by the CDC is either incomplete or just simply incorrect?  If it is, then your "science" is of no more more value than what lady in the picture above is depositing in the toilet. 

I am not even going so far as to say that I am correct.  What I am saying is that I have concerns.  What's wrong with having concerns about an experimental injection that was rushed through by drug companies who are now making BILLIONS and who have been given 100% immunity from any liability?

Don't take my word for things.  I don't claim to be a doctor or a scientist.  That is not even the area where I have done any research.  The areas I have spend many hours in research include the subjects of history, politics, etc.  These are some of the subjects that many of you immediately write off as "conspiracy theories" and give no credibility.

I hope I am wrong in being concerned.  But the question, once again, is "what if I'm right?"

Anyway, I'm not asking anyone to take my word for anything.  Here is a web site where medical professionals post about their concerns regarding the vaccines. 

https://www.medscape.com/sites/public/covid-19/vaccine-insights/how-concerned-are-you-about-vaccine-related-adverse-events

Some of the concerns mention that the CDC could be "cooking the books" to fit a certain narrative, however most concerns listed come from their own observations with themselves or those of their patients. 

Again, I don't expect anyone to come to any conclusion solely from the information in the posts on this site.  It's just something that may be worth considering in the whole scheme of things.  Make of it what you will. 

Peace to you all.

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Oh I'm fully aware the odds of it going to the general population are slim to none. My comment made in jest. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781