Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It's still more accurate than pretty much every single theory or assumption presented by someone who hosts a blog or website. 

The data from the CDC isn't determined in a vacuum - it's a global effort from many different nations, with feedback from everyone around the world and stress tested by people who have studied in this field for decades. It's peer reviewed, it follows the scientific method, there is an order of operation from "theory" to "generally accepted".

Serious question for you - how do you think the CDC comes to any of their conclusions to begin with? How does the CDC get their data?

If your response is "I don't know" then could you please figure this out first, THEN ask the questions you're asking? Because you're ignoring a significant amount of context in how they come to their conclusions. It's not a bunch of people saying "Well... what about this?"  

These people aren't just throwing stuff against the wall and seeing what sticks. They literally have decades of case studies and empirical data that they use to come to the conclusions they come to - unlike many other "sources" who have the conclusions they WANT to come to, and create false narratives to get there.

I know this is what we are all supposed to believe, ET.  I think what we need to do is go further than just believing this, however.  This is where non-scientific research may come in. 

We need to ask ourselves "who is funding the CDC?"  What are the previously stated goals of these people?  Could the data being published possibly be manipulated?  It certainly wouldn't be the first time in history that has happened. 

Keep in mind, I'm not saying that is absolutely the case here, but after doing hundreds of hours of study on political history, I am certainly suspicious enough to ask the questions.

I ask these questions and people here who haven't done near the studying I have done immediately want to write off my concerns as nothing but crackpot conspiracy theories that deserve nothing but derision, at best.   

30 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Much appreciated. 

Just remember that the Chargers have won the same number of Super Bowls as the Vikings and the Jaguars. 

There is NO misinformation in this post.

Yes there is. The whole post and other stuff you’ve posted on the topic is filled with twisting of facts, half truths and outright falsehoods and misreading of data.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

the ones who will not even consider ideas from sources other than the ones they are familiar and comfortable with. 

Ah, maybe this is the hang-up...

You are confusing "sources "we" are familiar and comfortable with" and "the best available scientific sources".

It has nothing to do with familiarity and absolutely EVERYTHING to do with rigorous and defendable sources. I have zero allegiance to any one researcher or university or company or agency. Just like everyone else who supports science in here: our allegiance is to the truth, to reality, and we require the information we accept to be defendable, rigorous, and REVIEWED BY EXPERTS.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Serious question, Buck - do you understand the peer review process?

I don't have detailed knowledge of it.  My understanding is that something is studied by a succession of people in the industry/profession, etc. who all agree and a concensus is eventually reached.

As I said before, I do not claim to be a scientist.  My concerns are not necessarily even scientific.  I have big concerns about people like Anthony Fauci, Bill Gates, and the people high up in the companies who may possibly have reason to withhold or twist the facts to keep the dollars coming in or to reach other goals they may have.

9 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Keep in mind, I'm not saying that is absolutely the case here, but after doing hundreds of hours of study on political history, I am certainly suspicious enough to ask the questions.

I ask these questions and people here who haven't done near the studying I have done immediately want to write off my concerns as nothing but crackpot conspiracy theories that deserve nothing but derision, at best.   

You’re not saying it is the case, and you are only asking questions.

You have done hundreds of hours of research, but that research led you to citing a death rate number that would mean less than 300 people in the US have died of COVID and that medical professionals across the country have falsified 621,000 death certificates.

So yes, your concerns are nothing but crackpot conspiracy theories that deserves nothing but derision, at best. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pwny said:

You’re not saying it is the case, and you are only asking questions.

You have done hundreds of hours of research, but that research led you to citing a death rate number that would mean less than 300 people in the US have died of COVID and that medical professionals across the country have falsified 621,000 death certificates.

So yes, your concerns are nothing but crackpot conspiracy theories that deserves nothing but derision, at best. 

Yes.  I firmly believe that a large percentage of these deaths have been falsely reported.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

My favorite part of these responses is knowing DTMB isn’t even going to bother reading them or learn anything, he’s already halfway down some other rabbit hole looking for the next bit of info without context that’s gonna blow his mind to bits.

Lol what rabbit hole? I saw a video about it on TikTok. Googled to see if it was real so I don’t get burned again like with the mRNA phase 3 thing. Saw a bunch of fact check articles. Rolled my eyes and was like of ******* course. Went to DDG. Found out it was real. Sent the story to all my friends and relatives I share this kinda stuff with. Then came here. Then back to TikTok.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Ah, maybe this is the hang-up...

You are confusing "sources "we" are familiar and comfortable with" and "the best available scientific sources".

It has nothing to do with familiarity and absolutely EVERYTHING to do with rigorous and defendable sources. I have zero allegiance to any one researcher or university or company or agency. Just like everyone else who supports science in here: our allegiance is to the truth, to reality, and we require the information we accept to be defendable, rigorous, and REVIEWED BY EXPERTS.

OK, but my question is who is funding these experts?

Edited by Uncle Buck

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Lol what rabbit hole? I saw a video about it on TikTok. Googled to see if it was real so I don’t get burned again like with the mRNA phase 3 thing. Saw a bunch of fact check articles. Rolled my eyes and was like of ******* course. Went to DDG. Found out it was real. Sent the story to all my friends and relatives I share this kinda stuff with. Then came here. Then back to TikTok.

Of course you did.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yes.  I firmly believe that a large percentage of these deaths have been falsely reported.

All you have to do is look at total death rates and see that the total deaths in the US are about 800,000 higher across 2020 and 2021 than they are in any other year to see that this thought is conspiracy theory crackpot garbage.

But I guess it goes all the way to the top and the social security administration is going back decades and falsifying the existence of hundreds of thousands of people so that hospitals can kill off these fake people who never existed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

OK, but my question is who is funding these experts?

Given research funding disclosures are public information and you’re asking this like you don’t know, I think we have more proof that your hundreds of hours of research has been worthless.

• Like 3