Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

On 8/14/2021 at 2:48 PM, Uncle Buck said:

Tom Hanks is a pedophile.  Just thought you might want to know.  :)

I've seen the movie BIG, so I know he's actually like 12 years old 

Believe me, I've done my research

• Like 4

On 8/14/2021 at 4:08 PM, Uncle Buck said:

You're right that many of the power players are well known publicly.  Some of the extremely wealthy ones aren't near as well known, but in any case, the game is in trying to put the puzzle pieces together and figure out what they are really up to.  What are their ultimate goals?  This could be much different than the picture that is being presented in the media.

The fact Bill Gates had the foresight to predict a global pandemic (something that's happened numerous times before!) doesn't mean he had a hand in creating or accelerating our current predicament. He invested in vaccine/medical research in an effort to help curb some of the worlds nastiest viruses and diseases. He's been the worlds richest man for a long time and it's only logical he would try and use that money to cure/prevent diseases.

It was only a matter of time that something like this was to happen, as it's essentially part of the cat and mouse game of evolution, or is that not something you believe in? Did Noah simply forget the dinosaurs but remembered all of the other living organisms???? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, N4L said:

The fact Bill Gates had the foresight to predict a global pandemic (something that's happened numerous times before!) doesn't mean he had a hand in creating or accelerating our current predicament. He invested in vaccine/medical research in an effort to help curb some of the worlds nastiest viruses and diseases. He's been the worlds richest man for a long time and it's only logical he would try and use that money to cure/prevent diseases.

It was only a matter of time that something like this was to happen, as it's essentially part of the cat and mouse game of evolution, or is that not something you believe in? Did Noah simply forget the dinosaurs but remembered all of the other living organisms???? 

You try getting 2 TRex’s on a boat wiseguy.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

As a follow-up to this article:

https://www.biopharma-reporter.com/Article/2021/04/15/Moderna-to-take-mRNA-flu-and-HIV-vaccines-into-Phase-1-trials-this-year

Moderna's Phase 1 mRNA vaccine against HIV starts this week. 

That would be awesome.

In addition to the obvious upside, it could also save people a ton of money on prep meds. Those suckers ain’t cheap.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I hope the officials in some of this places get sued so, so hard. They have blood on their hands. There are going to just be boatloads of class-action lawsuits resulting from this. I'm sure lawyers are drooling already.

These idiot leaders and followers are costing us literally trillions of dollars. Children dying isn't enough, probably even their own, to help them escape this fog of anti-intellectualism.

One thing that has struck me recently is the pre-mature celebration many of us did. Us scientific-minded folks celebrated the problem-solving nature of the science side and thought that was sufficient. Little did we know, the difficult part was NOT the science - it was the communication aspect. It an unfortunate reality, but we needed to expend at least an order of magnitude more energy on formulating the proper messaging to effectuate action from segments of the population. For many of the scientific illiterate (as shown in this thread) pointing to the evidence WE all find convincing is just a Rorschach painting for them and they see what they want and literally cannot see the objective truth through it all.

I know we all wish this wasn't necessary, but damn if the science isn't the easy part these days and fighting ignorance is 90% of the battle now. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I hope the officials in some of this places get sued so, so hard. They have blood on their hands. There are going to just be boatloads of class-action lawsuits resulting from this. I'm sure lawyers are drooling already.

These idiot leaders and followers are costing us literally trillions of dollars. Children dying isn't enough, probably even their own, to help them escape this fog of anti-intellectualism.

One thing that has struck me recently is the pre-mature celebration many of us did. Us scientific-minded folks celebrated the problem-solving nature of the science side and thought that was sufficient. Little did we know, the difficult part was NOT the science - it was the communication aspect. It an unfortunate reality, but we needed to expend at least an order of magnitude more energy on formulating the proper messaging to effectuate action from segments of the population. For many of the scientific illiterate (as shown in this thread) pointing to the evidence WE all find convincing is just a Rorschach painting for them and they see what they want and literally cannot see the objective truth through it all.

I know we all wish this wasn't necessary, but damn if the science isn't the easy part these days and fighting ignorance is 90% of the battle now. 

In a weird way, it gives me optimism. When we were growing up, how many times did you hear that science didn't matter? "When will I ever use this?"

There are an entire generation of children in the south seeing the consequences of rabid, unchecked anti-science attitudes. Over time, the conspiracy theories have become less coherent. The reasons for hesitancy more distant. It's about "personal values" - which is so transparently personal pride, and every time a kid is bombarded with one of those pathetic hospital Facebook videos, the more chances they'll have to realize it's a stupid, pointless culture war that's killing their friends and family.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

In a weird way, it gives me optimism. When we were growing up, how many times did you hear that science didn't matter? "When will I ever use this?"

There are an entire generation of children in the south seeing the consequences of rabid, unchecked anti-science attitudes. Over time, the conspiracy theories have become less coherent. The reasons for hesitancy more distant. It's about "personal values" - which is so transparently personal pride, and every time a kid is bombarded with one of those pathetic hospital Facebook videos, the more chances they'll have to realize it's a stupid, pointless culture war that's killing their friends and family.

Good points. And we desperately need to leverage this by promoting (really, demanding) critical thinking skills development in our youth. I'd love nothing more than this to be a historical example of the failure of non-scientific groupthink. I'd also prefer none of my loved ones give up their lives as part of this lesson, though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

As a follow-up to this article:

https://www.biopharma-reporter.com/Article/2021/04/15/Moderna-to-take-mRNA-flu-and-HIV-vaccines-into-Phase-1-trials-this-year

Moderna's Phase 1 mRNA vaccine against HIV starts this week. 

Man, as crappy as this whole COVID situation has been, it’s cool to see that society could an outside benefit from the increased funding we sent towards these vaccine programs.

• Like 2