Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

6 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I keep reminding myself that the Bubonic Plague lead to the Renaissance. 

Technically the Bubonic Plague was only one of the strains of the virus…

*Pulls pin and sets grenade down while walking away*

There was an outbreak at my work, 5 people were out and management/owners hushed it so none of us would know and now another bartender found out he has it and I’m sick now too after working in close proximity to him (I got vaccinated, but no immune system). Getting tested tomorrow for Covid. 

On 8/15/2021 at 9:30 PM, skywindO2 said:

Anyone remember seasonality? 

Yes and tbh its continuing to follow the same pattern of seasonality we saw last year. 

Seasonality in Florida, Texas, etc. means the virus will peak in the summer when everyone goes inside into the AC.  That seasonality plus Delta and not enough vaccine coverage is driving a major surge in the south.  The same exact surge we saw last July. 

The northeast should be in a better spot come the winter because of higher vaccine coverage than the south but I'd still expect cases to tick up as the whether gets colder in late November through January. 

16 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

There was an outbreak at my work, 5 people were out and management/owners hushed it so none of us would know and now another bartender found out he has it and I’m sick now too after working in close proximity to him (I got vaccinated, but no immune system). Getting tested tomorrow for Covid. 

Sorry to hear that.

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

It does sound like criminal practice to me. @Danielwhat do you think?

In Tennessee, probably not. The only criminal act I’m aware of involving disease is knowingly exposing someone to AIDS. Might be others though, but I doubt it would constitute anything other than a civil action. Maybe a regulatory action too, depending on the industry.

• Like 1