Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

9 hours ago, animaltested said:

Well, so far the only thing this plague has done is blow up the housing market. 

And put us on the brink of Civil War vol. 2. Thats the most major thing Ive taken from all of this. Its scary enough that the virus is a thing, its even scarier thinking how much the country is divided now because of it between political parties. 

Ive never been a watch the news type of person but I have been for the last year to stay up to date. Have news networks and political parties always hated each other this much or is this over the top? It really seems like some of the *** they say about the opposing political party everytime something happens is extremely extremely harsh.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ty21 said:

There was an outbreak at my work, 5 people were out and management/owners hushed it so none of us would know and now another bartender found out he has it and I’m sick now too after working in close proximity to him (I got vaccinated, but no immune system). Getting tested tomorrow for Covid. 

Sounds similar to what I'm having to deal with while planning our fantasy draft. One kid works at a restaurant where they are up to 3 positive cases, but the owner actually told the staff NOT to get tested because she made them all get vaccinated. 

I guess her reasoning is she would rather not risk everyone being out at once if they come back positive since they should be fine being vaxxed but that doesn't bring up the fact that they can still transmit it to any customers. Definitely seems criminal to me. 

• Like 1

Iceland shows what can be done if a significant portion of the population is fully vaccinated. 70.6% to be exact:

https://news.yahoo.com/iceland-proof-covid-19-vaccines-152930628.html

The COVID-19 situation in Iceland is proof that vaccines work, a leading US infectious-disease expert said.

Iceland reported 2,847 new infections over the past month, mostly from the highly infectious Delta variant and mostly in fully vaccinated people, official statistics indicated. This is the highest number of new infections in a month since the start of the pandemic, but vaccines appear to be doing their job. The vast majority of new infections are mild at worst.

Of the 1,239 Icelanders who were recorded as having COVID-19 on Sunday, 3% were in the hospital, data showed.

The country hasn't recorded a single COVID-19 death since May 25, government statisticsand Oxford University's Our World in Dataindicated.

• Like 2

On the bad flip side, we were wrong about younger kids not transmitting Covid as much as older kids. They actually spread it more.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/younger-children-more-likely-spread-160635980.html

Young children may be more likely to transmit the virus that causes COVID-19 within households compared with older children, a new study has found.

Specifically, children 3 or younger were more likely to spread the virus to household members compared with those aged 14 to 17.

The study, published in JAMA, analyzed public health data from Ontario, Canada, to identify COVID clusters in which a child was the primary case within households.

This study updates experts' understanding of COVID transmission risk, experts said. Earlier in the pandemic, some scientists suggested the risk of transmission declined with age. But this assumption was likely skewed by the fact that lockdowns and social distancing meant young children had very few social encounters.

5 hours ago, Xenos said:

On the bad flip side, we were wrong about younger kids not transmitting Covid as much as older kids. They actually spread it more.

I think we just didn’t want to believe it. 

8e1.png

Add their tendency to remove masks and it makes sense. 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 6:31 PM, DontTazeMeBro said:

Jesus Christ why am I playing this game right now? We all know who you’re talking about and that’s a completely stupid thing to say because like I said, he touts it as one of his biggest accomplishments and has never encouraged us to not get vaccinated.

And if you look at ethnic vaccination rates, it blows to **** the idea that it’s just his supporters. You know. Unless almost an entire race lied about not voting for him.

Yes he has. He downplayed it from day one and literally called it a hoax. He's the reason vaccination rates are so low in Southern (can't really use that other word) states.

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

Yes he has. He downplayed it from day one and literally called it a hoax. He's the reason vaccination rates are so low in Southern (can't really use that other word) states.

We probably shouldn’t go down this rabbit hole again given what happened over the weekend and this thread getting locked again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Are you really discussing politics even after the thread was locked? Seriously? And spreading false info while you're at it? Even ******* Snopes says he didn't do what you're claiming lol. I'm only bringing this up bc it's important to be factual. 

I'm not an MOD but I'm sure they'll agree when I suggest to drop the politics. 

• Like 2