Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

I never understood the push for everyone to get the vaccine asap even when they were already infected when there was a shortage

There wasn’t one.  We were advising people to wait 90 days from when you were diagnosed to get your first vaccine.

• Like 2

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sure, perhaps, but no one is saying so.

I think all of the mandates people are referring to now are for jobs/situations where such things already exist for other vaccines.

I don't know of any other vaccines that are required to sit in a restaurant

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

I think lots of people would like one if it was possible

You can tell the government/states are being extremely careful this time around by throwing out mandates after everything last year.

They know if they force another lockdown a lot of people will go nuts and who knows what will happen.

It really seems like they are walking a fine line of trying to do everything they can to urge people to get vaccinated but at the same time not put anything in stone causing a revolt.

I dont want to sound over the top--but if they put the country in lockdown again I feel like there is a serious chance at things happening far worse than a few riots.

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

Weren't they pretty confident that you'd have  some protection for up to 6 months? 

You do have some, that’s why they said 90 days.  How much and for how long is still being determined, hence the recommendation.

It’s like how long does oil last in a vehicle?  Do you push it as long as possible or just change it at regular intervals so you don’t find out the hard way exactly when the failure point is?

• Like 1

I don't know of any other vaccines that are required to sit in a restaurant

I don’t know of any other vaccines that people refuse in mass only to go and pass a novel virus to the rest of society either.

It’s a unique situation for sure.

As far as restaurants, it’s a public health concern, not unlike smoking indoors, etc. 

• Like 2

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You do have some, that’s why they said 90 days.  How much and for how long is still being determined, hence the recommendation.

It’s like how long does oil last in a vehicle?  Do you push it as long as possible or just change it at regular intervals so you don’t find out the hard way exactly when the failure point is?

If there is an oil shortage and other people are desperate for it I would be ok waiting 5 months instead of changing it in 3 months

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

You can tell the government/states are being extremely careful this time around by throwing out mandates after everything last year.

They know if they force another lockdown a lot of people will go nuts and who knows what will happen.

It really seems like they are walking a fine line of trying to do everything they can to urge people to get vaccinated but at the same time not put anything in stone causing a revolt.

I dont want to sound over the top--but if they put the country in lockdown again I feel like there is a serious chance at things happening far worse than a few riots.

Idk, I think you’ll just see a lot of noncompliance 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t know of any other vaccines that people refuse in mass only to go and pass a novel virus to the rest of society either.

It’s a unique situation for sure.

As far as restaurants, it’s a public health concern, not unlike smoking indoors, etc. 

So the mandates aren't for things that have always been done before

If there is an oil shortage and other people are desperate for it I would be ok waiting 5 months instead of changing it in 3 months

There isn’t one here in this country.

Whether we should be getting those vaccines to other countries is another discussion (we should), but they’re plentiful here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Tik Tok is a scary place. The amount of BS I have seen on that damn app is insanity and people will believe anything

That being said--I saw on Tik Tok the other day a graph of Covid cases for people with the vaccine vs. not by state and only like 2-3% of cases per state are people that were vaccinated. 97-99% of the cases have came from people without the vaccine.

To be fair, it's a flawed graph. I've seen it, and read the parameters. IIRC it starts in January, well before a majority of people were vaccinated, and ends in May. It's actually more of an indictment on the vaccine than not. I wouldn't give it much thought.

As to the Cleveland Clinic study, the official conclusion has been misrepresented by everyone thus far. It states: 

Individuals who have had SARS-CoV-2 infection are unlikely to benefit from COVID-19 vaccination, and vaccines can be safely prioritized to those who have not been infected before.

However, the study has not been peer reviewed.

So the mandates aren't for things that have always been done before

No one is mandating you get a vaccine, at all.  But, if you want to interact and be a part of society, there’s more than a single person’s feelings that need to be considered.

• Like 3