Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No one is mandating you get a vaccine, at all.  But, if you want to interact and be a part of society, there’s more than a single person’s feelings that need to be considered.

Not yet.  I don't live in New York though. 

Are you wanting unvaccinated to be 2nd class citizens like some people? 

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Well, our district decided to go K-6 mandatory masks, all staff/faculty at any building mandatory masks regardless of vaccination status, and students grades 7-12 still have the option of masking or not. 

Same with my wife who is a teacher. They are going back to teachers must wear masks and students K-8 are encouraged, but not mandated. 

Since teachers were apart of the 1st wave of vaccinations (and she got Pfizer), that vaccine is juuuuust about to hit its 6-9 m/o expiration date so I wonder whats in place as far as teachers/heathcare/elderly getting a booster soon.

14 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Weren't they pretty confident that you'd have  some protection for up to 6 months? 

No. Natural immunity was a minimum 90 day thing. And that applied only to the original strain. Not sure you get the same protection against the variants.

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Not yet.  I don't live in New York though. 

Are you wanting unvaccinated to be 2nd class citizens like some people? 

Anyone unwilling to get vaccinated or at a minimum wear a mask when in public to protect others is already a second class human in my opinion, so maybe I’m not a great person to ask.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

To be fair, it's a flawed graph. I've seen it, and read the parameters. IIRC it starts in January, well before a majority of people were vaccinated, and ends in May. It's actually more of an indictment on the vaccine than not. I wouldn't give it much thought.

As to the Cleveland Clinic study, the official conclusion has been misrepresented by everyone thus far. It states: 

Individuals who have had SARS-CoV-2 infection are unlikely to benefit from COVID-19 vaccination, and vaccines can be safely prioritized to those who have not been infected before.

However, the study has not been peer reviewed.

Well thats good to know. I got in a argument with a lady on that app who kept saying that we didnt know about Covid until last spring until it was too late and I had to keep informing her that its called Covid-19 for a reason. She didnt believe me that it could have been prevented if we took action sooner than March 2020.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If y’all wanna start posting stats and such, posts some links with it please.

It will save all of us some time when we realize you’re getting your info from TikTok like some folks have.

I agree. Post a link. Like I did when I posted accurate information I found out about on TikTok.

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

No. Natural immunity was a minimum 90 day thing. And that applied only to the original strain. Not sure you get the same protection against the variants.

The 90 days number was put out because that's all the data we had at the time. There have been plenty of studies out now that suggest it's far longer and that 90 days was simply due to lack of data. I tend to doubt there are many studies that could be taken seriously on variants at his point. Not enough data.

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

I agree. Post a link. Like I did when I posted accurate information I found out about on TikTok.

What link do you want?

If you’re referring to the vaccine hesitancy by some (trying to walk a line here), your info was not correct, it was cherry picked.

As per usual.

I can easily post a link, but I’m guessing that’s gonna be frowned upon for obvious reasons.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, JonStark said:

First off, please provide some evidence of the bolded claims. 

Secondly, and I know this might be getting close to the line so this will be my only reference to it, the my body my choice reasoning is fine as long as you also support abortion. If you're against that but feel like you can use it against the vaccine, you're a hypocrite. 

Here is just one link from Cleveland Clinic.        https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210608/No-point-vaccinating-those-whoe28099ve-had-COVID-19-Findings-of-Cleveland-Clinic-study.aspx

You can easily search out all such info I listed, you won't see it from the alphabet channels or WHO or the CDC though.  Science doesn't always fit their agenda.  The two most prominent doctors who fear down the road complications are from Italy and France for a hint.  Plenty from this country too though.

"the my body my choice reasoning is fine as long as you also support abortion. If you're against that but feel like you can use it against the vaccine, you're a hypocrite."

No, but nice try.  Actually it wasn't a try at all.   They use the "reasoning" to justify ending a life.  I use it as a satirical example. 

Edited by 15412