11 hours ago, Xenos said:

Gosh dang it, a wise guy beat me to this response lol. But yeah it’s at least 6 months effective. Key words being At Least. And with any luck, that number will keep going up hopefully.

Why don't they have better numbers on how long immunity lasts for people that get covid? They don't have a problem figuring out how long the vaccine will be effective

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Why don't they have better numbers on how long immunity lasts for people that get covid? They don't have a problem figuring out how long the vaccine will be effective

Individuals in the vaccine trial are enrolled in a trial that is set up to track those individuals and collect data to answer these specific questions.  

It is harder to to that with individuals that had a positive COVID test. The specifics of the covid infection.... mild, moderate, severe, viral load, identifying the timeline of infection. Probably a few other variables

32 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Individuals in the vaccine trial are enrolled in a trial that is set up to track those individuals and collect data to answer these specific questions.  

It is harder to to that with individuals that had a positive COVID test. The specifics of the covid infection.... mild, moderate, severe, viral load, identifying the timeline of infection. Probably a few other variables

That makes sense.  Can people donate plasma as long as there is high enough levels of antibodies or is there a time frame after the infection where they can donate? It seems like that would give a decent view of the length of immunity but I imagine the people not being in a trial complicates things

My GF and I both got the J&J vaccine yesterday, and this morning we both have minor body aches, arm soreness, mild headaches, and just sorta feel like we have minor colds, but nothing severe.

Unfortunately my cell service has not improved. 😕

• Like 5

Some older stories.

'Breakthrough' COVID Cases After Vaccine

Mar 8, 2021 -- A small number of people have tested positive for COVID-19 more than two weeks after being fully vaccinated, which is also known as a “breakthrough” case.

The two-week mark is important because the body needs enough time to develop immunity, according to Prevention. So far, those with breakthrough cases have reported mild or no symptoms.

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20210308/reports-of-break-through-covid-cases-after-vaccine

Breakthrough drug might cure COVID-19 in just five days

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/breakthrough-drug-might-cure-covid-19-in-just-five-days/ar-BB1ds8Rk

10 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

My GF and I both got the J&J vaccine yesterday, and this morning we both have minor body aches, arm soreness, mild headaches, and just sorta feel like we have minor colds, but nothing severe.

Unfortunately my cell service has not improved. 😕

OK, feeling really bad now. Progressively worse throughout the day. 100+ fever, whole body aches, stomach cramps, headache. Hopefully things improve tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

OK, feeling really bad now. Progressively worse throughout the day. 100+ fever, whole body aches, stomach cramps, headache. Hopefully things improve tomorrow.

I'm in the same boat as you. I got mine this morning. I was fine til about, 2 hours ago. Now I'm miserable 

3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Sounds like covid tbh

14 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

yikes....