Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Has there been any further discussion just with delta and such?  

You know what I know at this point. 

Apparently a ton of kids are testing positive in the district, especially at the high school, which prompted the board meeting.

I'll be honest, I'm over the whole thing. I've done my part, I've seen the fallout on every level, and I've decided to keep my head down, do my job the best that I can, worry about the journey more than the destination, and go home and be a good father and husband, while serving in my church to the best of my ability.

A few months ago/weeks ago I was upset and negative about all of it, and now, I just don't care about any of it. My entire family just got over Covid for the second time (vaccinated and wearing masks, twice getting Covid with wearing a mask), so I'm over it all on about every level.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JonStark said:
22 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I'll warn everyone here- don't look up what Ivermectin is doing to people. It is absolutely disgusting.

If you do look it up, don't say I didn't warn you.

Is it because people are taking the dosage that is used for horses? From what I read a little while back, it seemed like another potential solution if the dosage was altered but needed to be run in bigger trials first. Haven't heard anything since then. 

Whoopsies.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s because morons are buying a horse dewormer from the Rural King and pretending they understand what they’re doing.

Rural King is every bit as good as people of walmart, just like MSNBC is every bit as entertaining as Fox News.

Just now, MWil23 said:

You know what I know at this point. 

I'll be honest, I'm over the whole thing. I've done my part, I've seen the fallout on every level, and I've decided to keep my head down, do my job the best that I can, worry about the journey more than the destination, and go home and be a good father and husband, while serving in my church to the best of my ability.

A few months ago/weeks ago I was upset and negative about all of it, and now, I just don't care about any of it. My entire family just got over Covid for the second time (vaccinated and wearing masks, twice getting Covid with wearing a mask), so I'm over it all on about every level.

Eh, you’re doing all you can do.  It’s frustrating I’m sure, but there’s not really another better option or solution to any of it.

Well, I guess mandating masks for your students would probably help you lol, but other than that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Rural King is every bit as good as people of walmart, just like MSNBC is every bit as entertaining as Fox News.

The people watching is good, but it’s not a varied demographic.  It’s different versions of the same catastrophe.

final boss Cletus 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, you’re doing all you can do.  It’s frustrating I’m sure, but there’s not really another better option or solution to any of it.

Well, I guess mandating masks for your students would probably help you lol, but other than that.

I'm not an anti-masker, and there's clear cut data to show masks absolutely help with the spread, but they also aren't the end all/be all solution to not getting it either. At some point, it's going to be sheer exposure, length of time exposure, proximity exposure, etc. 

I.E.

I have 187 students this year and classes of 30+ because we can't/won't/didn't hire more teachers, some of which I assume has to do with financial constraints.

I truly feel bad for our Super. He's a great guy, and no one gets this job thinking that they have to make these types of decisions. 

• Like 1

The people watching is good, but it’s not a varied demographic.  It’s different versions of the same catastrophe.

final boss Cletus 

No doubt; it's essentially the polar opposite of people watching in the Short North up in Columbus or Yellow Springs.

• Like 1

Maine's Governor has mandated healthcare staff to be fully vaccinated by october 1st. This includes my industry, home health care. They already have an MMR-Varicella and Flu Vaccine mandate in the State, which no nurse has ever had a problem with. We are calling through our staff today to get an idea of where they stand re; vaccination status. Some of the ish from these nurses is just asanine. So I just went looking for local stories and nurses are PROTESTING the mandate despite having FIVE vaccines previously mandated of them. ITS NOT DIFFERENT. One nurse in Maine was interviewed saying that she truly 100% believes that the covid-19 vaccine is POISON. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Is it because people are taking the dosage that is used for horses? From what I read a little while back, it seemed like another potential solution if the dosage was altered but needed to be run in bigger trials first. Haven't heard anything since then. 

Some people are taking doses LARGER than are used for horses.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s because morons are buying a horse dewormer from the Rural King and pretending they understand what they’re doing.

I figured, just wasn't sure if I missed some development in using it for humans. 

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Some people are taking doses LARGER than are used for horses.

I wish I could say that's shocking but at this point, it makes complete sense.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I'm not an anti-masker, and there's clear cut data to show masks absolutely help with the spread, but they also aren't the end all/be all solution to not getting it either. At some point, it's going to be sheer exposure, length of time exposure, proximity exposure, etc. 

I.E.

I have 187 students this year and classes of 30+ because we can't/won't/didn't hire more teachers, some of which I assume has to do with financial constraints.

I truly feel bad for our Super. He's a great guy, and no one gets this job thinking that they have to make these types of decisions. 

Yeah you’re in a super high risk job, and asking you to do that job around unmasked, unvaccinated people in an indoor environment is absurd.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah you’re in a super high risk job, and asking you to do that job around unmasked, unvaccinated people in an indoor environment is absurd.

Tbf… If you’re a fully vaccinated individual with a functioning immune system the risk of bad outcomes is still incredibly low, no matter how much you are exposed to unmasked unvaccinated people.  As is the risk for reasonably healthy children, vaccine or not. 

I’m sure there are pro and anti mask in school arguments.  But the discussion can’t start without acknowledging that the risk for vaccinated adults and even unvaccinated children from Covid is quite low, and statistically almost certainly lower than the risk from stuff like seasonal flu.  Delta presents new challenges but we are in a much different place than last fall.

• Like 4