Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

18 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Literally every building and district policy here says “unless direct instruction is taking place” (teaching, reading, facilitating, etc).

Considering they also say to create 6+ feet between desks, that’s also literally broken everywhere I’ve seen as well.

14 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You sound like the people who don't want to get vaccinated bc they found those who got the vaccine and still caught covid. Just making sure you're aware of that. 

I’m actually making fun of some people’s ridiculous stance about working out and eating healthy as the way to end a pandemic.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Literally every building and district policy here says “unless direct instruction is taking place” (teaching, reading, facilitating, etc).

Considering they also say to create 6+ feet between desks, that’s also literally broken everywhere I’ve seen as well.

Not sure how it is where you are but this took place in CA though. So she should have been wearing a mask.

4 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

And those people make fun of those who got vaccinated and still got covid. 

And guess who’s actually wrong in all this. The healthy lifestyle people who end up unvaccinated, spread it to others, and going to the hospitals anyway.

9 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I’m actually making fun of some people’s ridiculous stance about working out and eating healthy as the way to end a pandemic.

I don’t think anyone has actually suggested that it would end the pandemic. However, if everyone was in-shape and not overweight, worked out, and was eating healthy, it would definitely lower hospitalization and death an extremely significant amount. My girlfriend is an RN and most hospitalizations are usually old or overweight young people. 

We are still talking science here. Being overweight wrecks your immune system. It is not fat shaming, it is science. I know this is tough for some people to hear. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Who said that?

No one. No one even implied. He’s exaggerating massively (perhaps he is overweight and getting offended). 

All that was said in this thread is that if most people were a healthy weight and eating healthy, hospitalizations would definitely be less, which is a common sense fact. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

No one. No one even implied. He’s exaggerating massively (perhaps he is overweight and getting offended). 

All that was said it this thread is that if most people were a healthy weight and eating healthy, hospitalizations would definitely be less, which is a common sense fact. 

The goal is to be vaccinated. That’s the best way to move past Covid. You can also do additional things like eat healthy and work out. But that’s not always possible especially for kids and adults, especially for people who are low income or live in poverty. It would great if we can help resolve that problem long term. But the immediate and short term answer is the vaccine.

9 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Who said that?

I’m giving you grief for your ridiculously obtuse response to an outbreak happening at a public school. The answer isn’t to have more private and charter schools. Just like the answer isn’t just to eat healthy and work out.

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

The goal is to be vaccinated. That’s the best way to move past Covid. You can also do additional things like eat healthy and work out. But that’s not always possible especially for kids and adults, especially for people who are low income or live in poverty. It would great if we can help resolve that problem long term. But the immediate and short term answer is the vaccine.

Bro, weight is calories in calories out. It’s basic science. The rich vs poor argument is nothing but an engrained fat person’s excuse. If you eat a calorie deficient, even if it’s 100% cookies (I do NOT suggest this), you will still lose the weight. Overweight people have every excuse in the book, but the fact is 99% of the time there is zero excuse. It’s self-inflicted and laziness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Bro, weight is calories in calories out. It’s basic science. The rich vs poor argument is nothing but an engrained fat person’s excuse. If you eat a calorie deficient, even if it’s 100% cookies (I do NOT suggest this), you will still lose the weight. Overweight people have every excuse in the book, but the fact is 99% of the time there is zero excuse. It’s self-inflicted and laziness.

That’s outdated science. Eating like that would cause someone to have a reduced basal metabolic rate, meaning a reduction in the amount of calories burned at rest. 

I don’t disagree at all that people would be much better off against COVID if they were in better shape though. Nobody that I’ve seen said it would end the pandemic.

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I seriously wonder if people who say this have ever been to a grocery store. Yes. Things like salmon are kinda pricey. But they practically give fruit away. I mean really just cut out most of the sugar and you’re already half way there.

Edited by DontTazeMeBro
Lunatics who obsess about your and you’re
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

All that was said in this thread is that if most people were a healthy weight and eating healthy, hospitalizations would definitely be less, which is a common sense fact. 

You’re right I am overweight lol. Only vaccinated. So far no Covid. And most importantly, not taking up valuable hospital resources.